“Nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
“Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I stopped in and played for about an hour. We didn't win but we had a good time! There are two casinos in the building and the smaller one was okay but the bigger one is much nicer. A few newer machines and everything looked new and clean.

Hattiesburg, MS
8 attraction reviews
“Casino Remains Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My visit to the newly-established Golden Nugget Casino (formerly the Isle of Capri) was filled with disappointment. I arrived anticipating some major changes from the uninspiring environment of the predecessor property, but this was not to be. The Golden Nugget does reflect some change, but, hardly for the better.

The Nugget seems dark, congested, smoke-filled, and uninspiring as a venue for both gambling and dining alike. I was especially disappointed in that eating/drinking places such as Starbucks and the Asian restaurant were part of the smoke and noise-filled casino area and not separate facilities. (Morton’s was the only food area I spotted that is clearly separate from the casino per se).

It is possible that I caught Golden Nugget in a transitional phase, but based upon what I experienced during my one-hour visit, I have no plans for a return visit any time soon. There are too many alternative and more appealing gambling/dining venues in the greater Biloxi-Gulfport area.

One of the most depressing areas of the casino was the unusually dark table games area. It was quite unappealing and, despite my original intentions, I did not choose to sit and play at all. I did spend a half hour or so playing my complimentary $5.00 on penny slots. I finally got bored and left with an extra dollar or so in my pocket. (Not nearly enough reward to compensate for the wasting of my time).

In fairness to the Golden Nugget, they may have plans in the works for a truly impressive site down the road. However, on the date of my visit, I left feeling pessimistic about any great future improvements. I felt that the former Isle of Capri was among the least appealing Coast casinos; sadly, the Nugget seems to have picked up the same baton.

new orleans
10 attraction reviews
“Love the new decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Not finished but it's looking good.The new decor is rich feeling and comfortable,lots of new slots.We got some playback,enough to entertain us! The buffet was just o.k,food could be better,service was good.Well'll probably go back and spend the night to check out the rooms.

Batavia, Illinois
30 attraction reviews
“Nice new look”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

They are redoing the tired Isle now that Golden bought them. The new casino is very slick looking, but I hope the buffet gets bulldozed. Did not play here, but it was a hopping place. Strange way to get in the casino from the lot.

Visited October 2013
orlando, fl
13 attraction reviews
“Finally walked out a winner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Love the slot tournaments-won $50.00 turned that into $150.00
Looking so nice, oarking very hard so nothing gets on your car with all the construction. Will be beautiful when done.