“My Favorite Korean Restaurant in Biloxi” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #100 of 187 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Korean
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“My Favorite Korean Restaurant in Biloxi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Nicely redecorated, nice atmosphere. One time I went they had Korean karaoke. A lot of Koreans and people from Keesler Air Force Base eat here. My favorite is the beef bul-go-gi (medium spicy) and pot stickers. I also like all the little kimchi'd veggies they bring with the food (cucumbers, radishes and carrots, bean sprouts and more). You can also visit the Korean grocery store next door. I usually go during the week during lunch when the portions are smaller and a little cheaper. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

Visited December 2011

71% Recommend
New York City, New York
“HORRIBLE KOREAN FOOD, Rated by a Korean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

First, I have been raised on Korean food and absolutely enjoy eating my native dishes. But there was almost no redeeming qualities of this restaurant. 1. the bulkogi tasted like SOY SAUCE, a dramatic failure. Bulkogi is supposed to have a mildly sweet taste and cooked over a grill, not a frying pan. 2. I had to insist on getting the romaine lettuce and gochee jang hot paste for the bulkogi. 3. The japchae had a very "OFF" taste and ruined what was supposed to be a very enjoyable meal. 4. It took an exorbantly long time to get my order to the table. 5. They didn't have the traditional Korean tea "podicha" nor even green tea. 6. the kim bop was soggy and had a very off taste as compared to anything i have had before 6. the expected side dishes you would expect before the meal were not served 7. The traditional dessert, cinamon drink, sliced oranges were not served, I had to go next door to purchase 2 cans of cinamon drink to get rid of the taste.....Overall i was completly embaressed after telling my friend all about how good korean food is; This restaurant would not last a week in the Tristate area (NY, NJ, CONN). I personally feel ashamed that the people of Biloxi, MS are subjected to this insult of what Korean dining is supposed to be. May be the other Korean restaurant in Biloxi is better, but i didn't have enough time to try the other one out......DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Adams Center, NY
“Awesome Korean Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Was very pleased. Small place, but fast service, very good food, excellent prices. Value for yiou dollar.

Visited January 2012
PA
“Most horrible Korean restaurant I've been to...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

This has to be the most horrible Korean restaurant I've been to. When we entered, we were told to just sit anywhere we want. Then, the owner came to get our orders. We waited awhile and were never served the small dishes of appetizers that Korean restaurants often serve you while you wait for your food. After waiting for around 15 minutes, the owner brought out the seafood pancakes that we ordered along with the 5 small dishes of appetizers. The seafood pancakes were average. However, the panchan (small dish appetizers) were closed to inedible. Most of them seemed either from the can or left out for a long time. After waiting for another 15-20 minutes in total awkwardness (listening to the owner answered the phone loudly/being the only customers in the restuarant), our main entrees came out. My boyfriend ordered Bulgogi and was highly disappointed. It was soggy and not tasty at all. It seemed like the chef just poor some premade Bulgogi marinade over the beef and stirfry it with some veggies. I'm much better off ordering some stirfry dish like beef and broccoli at a Chinese takeout. As for my dish (Chom pong), a noodle dish that I frequently enjoyed at Korean restaurant, it was really the worst noodle dish I've ever had. The broth was extremely bland (no seafood taste at all)--just imagine clear broth with korean hot pepper flakes. The noodles were not the typical noodles they used for Chompong; R&C used packaged dry noodles for the dish. The atmosphere wasn't so good either. I felt extremely uncomfortable hearing the owner talking so loud--close to yelling on the phone.

To sum up, it was really the worst Korean restaurant I've eaten at. Maybe I should know better and not go to a Korean restaurant in Mississippi.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere