“Southern Fried Comfort Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Cancun, Mexico
“Southern Fried Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Stepping into the restaurant is like stepping into the 50's. The old school lights, white tiles and black leather booths set the stage for an amazing lunch. The sandwiches include New Orleans style PoBoy's and burgers. (Table favorites were oyster and roast beef PoBoy). There are fish platters and salads, as well as a few appetizers. (Table favorite was the French fries with brown gravy) Don't forget to wash everything down with sweet tea. The prices are extremely affordable with hamburgers starting at $5.95 and PoBoy's at $6.95. There is one thing left to point out and that's the service. The waitstaff are very friendly, but do not get in a hurry. Just relax because the food is definitely worth the wait.

Visited February 2014

London, England, United Kingdom
“OK quick lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We came here just after arriving in Biloxi. We shared the seafood platter and I was hoping for some good fresh seafood. Unfortunately it was all deep fried and hard to say what was beneath the thick batter. I will give the place the benefit of the doubt and say that it was fresh seafood but the batter was too much and too greasy for my liking.

I think that it is hard to find some fresh seafood that has not been deep fried so I guess the Ole Biloxi Schoner is catering to local tastes.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Palestine, TX
“Awesome People, really good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The fried shrimp is fantastic, wish we had tried fried fish too. The service is incredible, the people are great and the food is good as well. We didn't much care for the ribeye steak, but my God, we didn't go looking for a hand out, but they didn't charge us for my wife's meal because she didn't like the steak marinade. These people are so nice, and the waitress was fantastic. Give this place a try, you'll be glad you did!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, but sat around waiting after eating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The food was definitely good and came out within 10 minutes, but next time I get homefries I will have to make sure they fully cook the onions.
It turns out you just go pay at the register, but it was 10 minutes after eating before i found that out, even though there was only one other table of guests.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
“Heavenly in Biloxi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

All I can say is "WOW". A big thanks to the gentleman at our pool who heard us discussing lunch plans. He highly recommended the Schooner. No fancy stuff here...just good, no heavenly good food. We ate here 2 days in a row and took home a gallon of gumbo to share with friends. Perfect PoBoys, gumbo to die for, fresh warm bread with the gumbo, fried crab claws that made us want to move to Biloxi, fried shrimp in corn meal breading not heavy flour breading, and being treated as a regular by the wait staff and the owner. The owner was so friendly and appreciated our choosing his place for lunch. Many patrons were called by name and ordered one of the daily specials which also looked as if my Mama cooked it. I felt I was eating in one of those special gulf diners from the 50,s. Oh man, we will return soon to Biloxi just to eat another heavenly meal with the Schooner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Ole Biloxi Schooner? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Ole Biloxi Schooner, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.