“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Biloxi, MS
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Location and atmosphere are what make this place a success. Food has been just OK. Service has been pretty bad both times I have been. One visit was in November and it wasn't busy at all, but they hadn't been open long. The most recent visit was the afternoon of Father's Day and I had already mentally prepared for a bad service experience and boy did I get one! Nothing major, just the typical things - never brought out the salad before the entree, baked potatoes came out late because they were having to bake more, they never brought my daughter's side item with her kids meal, etc. On a positive note, I had the shrimp spaghetti and it was very good. It had a ridiculous amount of shrimp in it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Very Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

The hook up burger is so far my favorite item that I've tried. The atmosphere is fun and relaxing. I would definitely suggest that everyone try it out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Biloxi
“Nice view, but poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

First of all it's a beautiful location/view. We were seated quickly, but it took 10 minutes for a waitress to come to our table only to tell us they couldn't find our "real" waiter. Once we ordered the food came out fairly fast, almost too fast since we hadn't finished our appetizer when the entrees arrived. The gumbo was really pretty good & the highlight of my meal. The bang shrimp were gross. Tasted like sweet & sour sauce out of a bottle poured on the shrimp. The tuna dip was the consistency of pate' & bland. The grilled shrimp tacos were swimming in 1/4" of watery juice, soggy, cold, & unappetizing. I ended up picking out the grilled fish from the tacos with a fork. The prices were high for the quality (or lack thereof). Like so many other reviewers, I'd go here for drinks at the bar & watch the sunset, but eat elsewhere. Seems like a tourist trap.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“NOT IMPRESSED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Hook Up may be a good hang out for the young and trendy crowd, but, don't expect fine dining or even good dining here. Medicore food at best. Lots of wood and high ceilings...read this as meaning very, very noisy. Music is too loud and certainly not suitable for conversation over a relaxing meal. Lots of flies due to the back wall basically being a series of garage doors which were wide open so you may want to plan on dining al fresco whether you want to or not. I ordered the shrimp spaghetti...watery sauce (they call it "gravy"...makes for colorful TV dialouge i.e., 'The Soprano's' but all the cooks I know call it "sauce" ), awful shrimp with a strong iodine taste which makes me suspect the shrimp are imported, farm raised, and frozen. The shrimp were much too small for a pasta dish...imagine a nice plate of spaghetti and meatballs with marble sized meatballs. My dining partner had a baked chicken dish..it came out half warm and the other half cold..I mean refridgerator cold. It went back and the next piece came out the same way...part warm, part cold. We gave up at that point. But, I have to say the waitress and manager were nice and removed the chicken dish from the ticket and comped the table with a piece of key lime pie. My score: A for effort; D for atmosphere; F for food...overall, maybe a C minus...not good enough for me to return.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, good drinks and the best oysters we've eaten on the coast. You actually get whole oysters and not a dozen of 6 that have been divided. Great little place off the beaten path.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to The Hook Up? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Hook Up, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.