Desporte & Sons Seafood Market & Deli
Cuisines: Seafood
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Hands down one of the best seafood markets I have been in. Large selection of seafood, and the prices are extremely reasonable. The folks working there are very friendly and packed our seafood and carried it to the car. They also have a little restaurant there that serves yummy things. Desporte is an example of what all seafood markets should strive to be.

• Visited May 2013

Columbus, Mississippi
“Home grown and great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Decided to go here from another review elsewhere and glad we did. Friendly and family run it is as much a seafood market as lunch spot. The fishy smell is fairly strong but in a minute or two it's not noticeable. Three of us had a variety of dishes. Now folks understand this is low brow but comfortable and homey. Crawfish étouffée, roast beef po boy, fish and chips and ham and turkey boy was quite good and the three of us all agreed it definitely would warrant trip back. Julie taking your order at the counter was great and her 80+ yo father helps out. Be sure to leave a tip at the counter for the girls in back and get a surprise. Really easy to find and only open for lunch so be sure to check it out.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spanish Fort, Alabama
“Great little dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stopped in on our way out of Biloxi this week. This is a seafood market that has a walk-up deli and a few tables. The price is right! For $6.95, we had the daily fish plate that included 3 large and delicious catfish fillets, potato salad, gumbo and a drink. Friendly service and great food!

• Visited April 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“If it swims, you can eat it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was down in Biloxi on a business trip for a week. Being well aware of the fantastic seafood available in this region, I ate seafood at almost every meal. I never met an oyster I didn't like so I decided to take some home with me to Minne-snow-cold (Minnesota) and "wow" the wife and kids.

Just about every local I asked recommended Desporte & Sons as the place to buy and also told me that if I wanted a tasty and inexpensive seafood lunch I should go mid-day.

All I can say is this place did not disappoint! I had a shrimp Po' Boy with hush puppies and my partner had the crawfish Po' Boy. You know how there are some foods that seem to be different everywhere you try them... cole slaw, chili, that sort of thing? Well, hush puppies are like that too. Sometime they are just 'not right'. The puppies at Desportes & Sons were terrific! This was fortunate because they gave my about 20 of them in my lunch order... a meal unto itself. It was difficult to eat them all but somehow I managed.

Lastly, I want to comment on the fresh seafood. During our lunch, I saw several folks come in and purchase very large quantities of crawfish and other seafood. I can only assume this was for use in area restaurants. Everyone was assisted as though they were family members. Very cool. I looked over the shellfish and finned options and ended up taking a container of shucked oysters home. They provided some ice packs which were still frozen 10 hours later, after riding in my checked baggage from Gulfport to Atlanta to Minneapolis. I couldn't help but wonder what TSA might be thinking if my checked luggage ended up getting x-rayed and they had to investigate the oyster container wrapped in ice packs and brown paper bags.

Anyway, if you are in the area, hungry, and it's lunch time... you should stop in. Small place... very popular... but well worth it. They sell the fresh, uncooked stuff all day but the prepared food is limited hours.

• Visited March 2013
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Great Lunch, Great Atsmophere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Desporte & Sons sell fresh seafood to most of the local restraints in the Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Gulfport area. The fresh seafood is #1. They also have a 11am - 2:30pm lunch counter. We had the special, Shrimp/Sausage Jambalaya, and it was great. You can get several fresh seafood items at the lunch counter, and the price is right. The staff is friendly and makes you feel right at home. Don't miss it when you travel to Biloxi.

• Visited March 2013