“Great little dive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desporte & Sons Seafood Inc.

Desporte & Sons Seafood Inc.
1075 West Division Street, Biloxi, MS 39530
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Spanish Fort, Alabama
“Great little dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stopped in on our way out of Biloxi this week. This is a seafood market that has a walk-up deli and a few tables. The price is right! For $6.95, we had the daily fish plate that included 3 large and delicious catfish fillets, potato salad, gumbo and a drink. Friendly service and great food!

• Visited April 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“If it swims, you can eat it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was down in Biloxi on a business trip for a week. Being well aware of the fantastic seafood available in this region, I ate seafood at almost every meal. I never met an oyster I didn't like so I decided to take some home with me to Minne-snow-cold (Minnesota) and "wow" the wife and kids.

Just about every local I asked recommended Desporte & Sons as the place to buy and also told me that if I wanted a tasty and inexpensive seafood lunch I should go mid-day.

All I can say is this place did not disappoint! I had a shrimp Po' Boy with hush puppies and my partner had the crawfish Po' Boy. You know how there are some foods that seem to be different everywhere you try them... cole slaw, chili, that sort of thing? Well, hush puppies are like that too. Sometime they are just 'not right'. The puppies at Desportes & Sons were terrific! This was fortunate because they gave my about 20 of them in my lunch order... a meal unto itself. It was difficult to eat them all but somehow I managed.

Lastly, I want to comment on the fresh seafood. During our lunch, I saw several folks come in and purchase very large quantities of crawfish and other seafood. I can only assume this was for use in area restaurants. Everyone was assisted as though they were family members. Very cool. I looked over the shellfish and finned options and ended up taking a container of shucked oysters home. They provided some ice packs which were still frozen 10 hours later, after riding in my checked baggage from Gulfport to Atlanta to Minneapolis. I couldn't help but wonder what TSA might be thinking if my checked luggage ended up getting x-rayed and they had to investigate the oyster container wrapped in ice packs and brown paper bags.

Anyway, if you are in the area, hungry, and it's lunch time... you should stop in. Small place... very popular... but well worth it. They sell the fresh, uncooked stuff all day but the prepared food is limited hours.

• Visited March 2013
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Great Lunch, Great Atsmophere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Desporte & Sons sell fresh seafood to most of the local restraints in the Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Gulfport area. The fresh seafood is #1. They also have a 11am - 2:30pm lunch counter. We had the special, Shrimp/Sausage Jambalaya, and it was great. You can get several fresh seafood items at the lunch counter, and the price is right. The staff is friendly and makes you feel right at home. Don't miss it when you travel to Biloxi.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best po boy we had in Biloxi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hot, fresh and fast seafood. Only downfall is small eating area and wind blowing in on our table every time door was opened- which was a lot because they had a steady stream of customers. Definitely will go back next time in town.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Biloxi, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't say enough great things about this place!!!! A++++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

First of all I m not one who is a huge seafood lover but my husband loves seafood. Usually when we visit a seafood place I get chicken strips. :)
They have a market where you can take anything that swims home with you, or if they don't have something on the menu, you can buy it at the market have them clean it and the restaurant will cook it for 5.00. When we went it was very busy with locals. Just a few seats to sit and they where all full. The shrimp is the best I have ever eaten!!! Innards down I would get shrimp of my usual chicken. The shrimp had the best flavor!!!! Amazing.... Home made hush puppies where also great, along with gumbo and catfish. Will defiantly come back to eat at this place again. Great service, freshly cooked when you order. Real local fresh seafood. Friendly staff!!!!!

• Visited January 2013