“Scared to Death” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Scared to Death”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My family checked into the hotel (my uncle booked the room and we didn't know until we got into town where we were staying) and when we got to the room, there were other people's clothes in the room and the room had no lock. The place was a complete mess. We complained and were moved to another room - all the while the residents of the motel who were tatted from head to toe, smoking who knows what - watched us moved our belongings out. We were afraid to leave any belongings in the hotel in fear they would be gone when we returned. The highlight of the evening came at night when it got dark and we turned out the lights to sleep. The room lit up like the 4th of July from the glow paint sprayed on the walls/door. The sofa had rips and tears, and the sheets had hair on them - not ours. We left a day early in fear that we wouldn't make it through another night safely, not to mention the drunk couple with their door open in a knock down drag out fight. I am not sure why Priceline, Bookings.com and other places allow this hotel to even show up on their site. BEWARE ----

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Me and my boyfriend have enjoyed coming to Biloxi and did find this place as only one to have cheap rooms available our first time there . However the next year we came and happen to be swimming with a local who told us the place had been raided for drugs and drug trafficing . As we packed our things and grabbed clothes from floor we found a small pipe ,obviously used for smoking some kinda drug in and we tossed it in trash on way out . this year , hoping for a better experience we found a room there for 51 $ that thursday night ,well they wanted to hassle with my bf the next morning over price and then wanted to charge us $145 for next night . i was appalled considering they have a local crack head living in upstairs room with her children disrupting the place by running up and down stairs and balcony all night , and they use to have refridgeraters now they don't . And THE OWNER ,or operater is a very argutative and doesn't try to accomidate his guest or be any kind of pleasing in manners .We will not be staying here again , we only accepted the dingy and bent door (probaly from swat team raiding the place with heavy equipment) because it was cheaper and at the time only place with a room . the only good thing i could say is the air in the room was very cold and felt awesome at night .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Apparently there were some events going on in town and this was literally the only place vacant unless we went to the $400+ rooms at the casinos. The photos we had of the site looked older, but kept up. I'm not sure what year the photos were from, because run down and dirty is an understatement. It started off with the office and a handwritten sign on torn off cardboard - "No refunds - no exceptions". No plans on swimming, but the pool was dirty and had trash floating in it. Next, was seeing a couple of drug deals and then comes the room. I'm just adding some of the photos I took. Ripped and worn carpet and furniture. Holes in the wall. Cigarette burns in the curtains. Roaches coming out of a hole in the bathroom. No towels and wouldn't have any until "after 4 p.m. - just come back to the office". Literally debated on sleeping in the U-Haul. Slept a few hours, did not even consider a shower and left early... Just like several others who were leaving and talking about how it was so dirty and run down.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I went to the coast on a day when the area was unusually busy and vacancies were limited. I usually stay at the IP and have ALWAYS had great experiences there. This particular day all the good places were booked up. I stopped in and asked about a room. The woman ( I think it was a woman) took the usual information from me. I noticed a woman who looked like housekeeping pushing a cart but she was dressed more like a prostitute. When I FINALLY got the door to open and walked in, I was shocked at the condition of the room. It was musty, dirty unkept and seemed to be pieced together. The beds were stacked on pieces of wood which stuck out from the bed causing a danger to anyone passing by, especially in the dark. I went to use the bathroom which was the smallest bathroom I have ever been in in my entire life. When I started to get up, the toilet, FELL OVER ONTO THE BATHTUB !!! There were NO screws securing the commode to the floor so when it fell over, water began to flood the bathroom. I ran out and told my companions to get their bags and go to the car. I walked to the "manager's" office and told them I would NOT be staying in that room because it was filthy and about to get worse. I told her that the commode had come loose from the floor and she asked if I wanted another room. I said no because I didn't think they would be any better. She said that she could not refund my money and that I would have to call the next morning and speak to the manager "Moe" (as in Moe's Bar from the Simpsons). I left went to a better place to stay and called "Moe" the next morning. He said he did NOT give refunds and I could have stayed in another room. I have talked to my attorney about contacting Moe and have also contacted my credit card company to dispute the payment. I also intend to contact the Better Business Bureau as well as the powers that be who govern hotel and motels in Mississippi. I am NOT finished with Moe !!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I cannot believe the state of this hotel the pictures online didn't really look too bad I thought the place would be a nice stay just for overnight for me and my family when I got there I realized what kind of place I was actually headed into there was a hooker talking 2 the lady at the front desk if that's what you want to call it then we decided maybe we'll go out to eat and will come back when we came back almost every door in the hotel is open and it was a big party going on 30 people looked like they were selling drugs the hotel room was absolutely disgustingthere was hair around my bathtub on my toilet you can tell that the place hasn't been cleaned in forever not to mention she said it was a non-smoking room when it clearly people had been smoking in there overall I think this place should really be shut down

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

All other hotels along side Biloxi beach were non-vacant. Thus, forced to come to broadway inn, the front desk was in a cramped trashy room. Payed $110 for one night, was asked to sign a paper understanding that there are no refunds for ANY reason. Walked into the room and the stench was terrible, went into the bathroom and there were roaches in the tub and on the door frame. There were boxers behind the bathroom door. Disgusted, walked to the front desk asking for bug spray and for someone to remove the dirty clothing. Instead the woman gave us another room. This room also smelled terrible, the mirror looked burned/stained, the carpets stained, the chair stained and ripped up, the AC unit broken and peices just laying on the floor next to it, lamp shade torn, mold in the bathroom, funk on the walls, light fixtures on the ceiling falling off, everything looks like it needs to be wiped down and sanitized. The mini fridge had an annoying buzzing sound. The AC unit didn't work unless it was below 59degrees, there was a peice of wood sticking out from the side of the bed and I scraped my shin. The other bed however looks like it's just a mattress and some sheets sitting on the floor. The woman working at the desk was very rude/unproffettional and didn't care much about hospitality in the slightest. I do not want to touch anything in this room, walk around barefoot, sit on the bed or anything. The pool isn't clean, garden not kept up, drink machine/ice maker in a very uncomfortable spot in between a wall and a fence. I am completely and utterly disgusted. This place looks like somewhere you would bring a hooker or rape someone. This place isn't even worth $20/night. Very disappointed, I would rather have spent $200 more on a nicer place. I hope to god this place gets shut down so no one else has to go through this.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Ahhh. What to say about the Broadway inn. In a few simple sentences I will sum up my unpleasant experience. Shortly after paying 110$ I visited my room and had three members of the hotel staff greet me. The three roaches sang me a welcome song while running around the bathroom. Dont get me started on the dirty boxers laying on the floor. I immediately went and requested roach spray and a pair of tongs to pick up the Hershey chocolate stained undergarments. Instead she moved to another room where my horror movie experience continued. In this room the mirror is burned and stained. Im pretty sure at one point a roach came out from my pillow and told me to escape while I still could. Also the mold in the bathroom reminds me of katrina. The kind of stench you smell when your childhood has been destroyed. There was a piece of wood rigged onto the bed frame where my girlfriend hit her leg. In her attempts to scream i covered her mouth carefull to not wake the roaches. I was kind of upset that the air conditoner smelled like taco bell has been hidden in there for a very long time. At one point something hissed at me. This hotel seems a lot like the Texas chainsaw massacre. The only thing I'm waiting for now is an oversized goofball to run in, kill me and where my face while he does a mexican hat dance. On a serious note... if John Stamos was waiting for me in this room with a box of chocolate I would go in but leave shortly after.... I mean.... come on its John Stamos.

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Broadway Inn Express? Share your experiences!