“Delightful service, nice family atmosphere, traditional fare” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 199 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: They just reopened their Biloxi location after being destroyed 6 1/2 years ago by Hurricane Katrina. The location is just east of the Hard Rock Casino in Biloxi, MS on Highway 90. This place gets 5 stars!!!!!!
Gulf Shores, AL
“Delightful service, nice family atmosphere, traditional fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Nice location right on Marina/MS Sound, next to Hard Rock Hotel/Casino. Traditional coastal fare, lots of fried or grilled or blackened seafood choices and weekdaily specials, pleasant, home-friendly wait staff, nice views of the water...this place is one of our favorites when we travel through Biloxi. This restaurant is a build-back since Katrina, and it's even more elevated than the original...thank goodness they have an elevator!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

KY
“Best Blueberry Pancakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have eaten dinner at McElroys many times, it is not my favorite seafood restaurant on the coast, but you cannot find a better breakfast. I ordered the shrimp omelet, it was near perfect, filled with fresh medium shrimp that had been steamed in old bay or similar seasoning adding a tang that I loved with in my omelet. I shared a bite or two or three of the plate sized blueberry pancakes that I husband ordered. The pancakes were overfilled with fresh blueberries, the batter was fresh and light making for a melt in your mouth pancake. The location is perfect, rebuilt after Katrina on stilts on the bay at the Biloxi port, you look out on the gulf as you dine.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Good food nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a delicious breakfast. The omelets we all tried were tasty and the grits were very creamy, our friends said. The beignets were very light and good. The coffee, which they sell was also good. They make their own biscuits which were good. We had good service and our waitress was able to accommodate all our changes without a problem.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gulfport, Mississippi
“POBOY'S ALL AROUND”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

All three of us had a poboy. My wife had the crab poboy which we thought would be made like a Vancleave Special" it may have been their version but it was no "Vancleave Special". My daughter had a half & half, half shrimp/half roast beef, she seemed to enjoy it. I had a half & half of shrimp and oyster, it was OK.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pascagoula, Mississippi
“Great view, outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I always enjoy seafood restaurants. This one didn't have an expansive menu, just the basics but I took the waitress's recommendation on the red snapper and bread pudding and it was excellent. This is not fine dining by any stretch, just good food at reasonable prices and great service. It just got rebuilt after beinig wiped out in a hurricane and is a 3 story high structure that sits next to the small yacht harbor.

Visited December 2012