“Great place on the water” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Great place on the water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Margaritaville in Biloxi, MS and had a wonderful time. It is located right on the water (bay front) and offers great outdoor seating where you can watch the activity on the bay. I had the "fried green tomatoes" and they were awesome. Thick slices of breaded tomato covered in a nice sauce with shrimp...yum! Typical margaritas and atmosphere but what's not to like about a fun place like this.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
PJArden - We're so happy you and your husband enjoyed a nice visit with us, especially our amazing views of the bay, food and island atmosphere. Thank you for coming by!

NC
“Got to admit, we were disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The food was great, the service even better. I have to say though, no entertainment the entire time we were there. They have the big mixer just like the one in Myrtle Beach, SC, but no action for the entire 1 1/2 hrs we were there. This is one of the main reasons we enjoy eating at M'villes, but this one---huge disappointment!!

It was very empty too. Only 2 other tables were taken inside, about 3 outside. We arrived about 6:30pm and expected more people, but there were none.

I will say that the smoke hits you as soon as you walk in. We went straight to the restaurant and requested to be as far away from the smoke as possible. The hostess placed us at the very back in the corner and it ended up being fine. No smell of smoke at all while we were eating.

The food was good, just like the others. We had a great waitress who even offered to take several pics of the family for us.

Overall, I would say this is our 2nd least favorite M'ville.

Visited August 2013
CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
jennmaybe - Thank you for visiting and sharing your experience with us. We do have stilt walkers and a show on the weekends, so we are sorry you missed our live entertainment during your visit. We are happy you enjoyed our food and service. All of your comments will be taken very seriously because we want to be your favorite!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Off Of Their Game”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We frequent Margaritaville regularly, and eat at the restaurant every time we're there. We were there Labor Day weekend, Saturday, 8/31/13, @ 1pm. I must say there were at least 30 tables without patrons and (3) - (4) waitresses. Imagine how shock I was shocked when the hostess told us, a party of only (2), would have to wait (20) to (30) minutes for a table, "Because we don't want to overwhelm the Kitchen staff and Wait staff!" Wow, on a holiday weekend!!! We decided to go to the bar just inside the restaurant and order a drink, but the bar tender never asked us in our (20) minutes if we needed a drink! I assume because she was "Overwhelmed!" We got our table at approximate (25) minutes. Our waitress wasn't "Overwhelmed" and our entrees were good, but the overall experience left us with a bad taste in our mouths! I hope this isn't the service and customer appreciation Jimmy Buffet is providing these days!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
usmc_dkl - Thank you for visiting and bringing your experience to our attention. While we are very happy you enjoyed our server and entrees, we sincerely apologize for this being your overall impression of your visit. The issues you describe here should not be what you associate with our place, so we will address your review very seriously with the team.

LaGrange, Georgia
“Terrible, rude service, no supervision.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have been to this casino/restaurant on a few occasions. I have watched it "fall apart." I was witness and victim to extreme rude service inside the Margarita restaurant. I actually left without ordering food because no staff ever approached my table. When I arrived at the restaurant and waited to be seated I was never greeted, but barely led to a table by a young boy. He was rude, seemed bothered by my party wanting to be fed. A female at the customer service window snapped at my wife when she asked a question regarding casino events, "just read the brochure lady!" I never noticed any supervision of the casino/restaurant personnel. Jimmy Buffet should be ashamed of this place, it is pathetic.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
BigMike42_12 - We are very sorry this is the service you experienced with us. It is upsetting to know we missed out on hosting you and will take your comments very serious so this does not happen again. The events you describe here do not meet our high standards and we sincerely apologize.

Strafford, Missouri
“okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The food was great and my virgin daquiri was awesome the only thing is the service was pretty bad !1!!!!! :(

Visited July 2013
CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
jerrina m – While we are very happy you enjoyed our food and drinks, we are very sorry our service fell short of your expectations. We will address this review with the staff.