“MARKETING SKILLS ARE GREAT” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530   |
Ranked #16 of 45 hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Guntersville, Alabama
“MARKETING SKILLS ARE GREAT”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

This was mine and my boyfriends first time at the Grand and in Biloxi. We were very excited due to all the photos and computer hype about the hotel. However the hotel didn't quite fit the image nor the prices we paid for the weekend. The staff was friendly. Our room was missing a chair for the table--that they brought to us as we were checking out, the starbucks was too high, the casino was very small, the eating choices were limited and the buffet was the worst we ate out 3 other hotels. The casino was cluttered together, and not very gamble friendy. The golf course that is advertised so much is very nice, however they fail to mention that it's 45 minutes away from your hotel. The fitness area is not free and the pool area doesn't have the waterfalls that the pictures display with linking websites. My advice stay at the Beau Rivage or Hard Rock--their casino areas are larger and have more to offer, their food choices vary more and all are great, the view from both are awesome and the pools both overlook the water. The insides of both will drop your jaw--the Grand doesn't have any of the above!

• Liked — leaving and going to other hotels to gamble, eat, shop, and sight see
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

664 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2007

perfect comfort. clean. new ammenities. fast check- in. excellent.

• Liked — everything was top shelf and got the room for $89 and it retails for $260 a night!
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Homosassa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

This is the second time we stayed at the Grand, very much enjoyed both visits, they comped our two nights there. Room was very clean, bar and cocktail staff very attentive. Alas, we did not score any big wins, but we'll be back again.

• Liked — To be honest, they were free!
  • Disliked — Everything was excellent
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Forney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2007

We stayed here on 5/30/07 and 5/31/07. Returned on 06/04/07 for one night. This was our first trip to Biloxi since Katrina, I can't imagine how bad it must have been, because there is still a lot of renovating to do in this area. Riding down 90 made me want to cry, I have some good memories of times spent there with my kids and grandkids. People seem to be upbeat and are just trying to rebuild without making a big todo about it. Enough said about that!

The Grand is very nice, but I think only temporary until new place is built across the road. The rooms were like new, the staff couldn't have been friendlier. We asked for a gulf facing room both times but they're wasn't one available when we got there, they blocked it for us and called our cell phone when it was ready. Casino is very small and not many payouts that I saw. We got a sandwich at Starbucks that was good. Parking was convenient.

We mostly played at Beau Rivage and did much better. Got all of our meals comped there. We will probably stay there next time we go, simply for convenience of gambling and comps. It is still as beautiful as ever.

• Liked — Very clean and quiet. Pleasant staff
  • Disliked — Casino too smalll
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2007

I really didn't think a casino would be full of children, but at The Grand Casino Biloxi, it looks like small children out number the adults. They were screaming in their rooms, slamming doors and running through the hallway. Forget about relaxing at the pool, it looked like Disney World. Parents went so far as to have them sit on the outskirts of the lobby bar while they drank.
The casino has alot of the newer video slots. VERY confusing, so stick with the tables. Also... if you would like a cocktail, good luck finding a waitress/waiter. They are pretty understaffed in that department, but you can always pay $6.00 at that "KIDDY BAR".

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Too many small children
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ooltewah, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

My nephew and I spent from 5/23/07 to 5/26/07 at the Grand in Boloxi and have never been treated so kindly. The hotel was great and the employees were even greater. The casino was staffed with the finest of employees and the place was very clean and kept that way. As to the winnings in the casino they were also great. I will say this I came home with more money than I went to Boloxi with. We already are planning another trip to Boloxi as we live in Tennessee and have to drive about 7 hours.
I cannot not say enough good about this hotel and casino. If you think I am just saying this try it and find out for your self.
Thanks Grand for a wonderful time TO REMEMBER.
R. Lovelace

Stayed May 2007
Port Charlotte, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

We really wanted to see what Biloxi/Gulfport, MS looked like almost 2 years after Katrina so we booked a couple nights at the Grand in Biloxi and hit the road.

Rooms were cheap ($79/night for 2 people) and very nice. The giant LCD HDTV was great although their selection of channels is limited and they had some internal problems with the hotel menu option that was instantly fixed with a phone call. The sound on the TV is annoying if you like to leave it on quietly all night. It seems to exaggerate background noises in stereo.

The actual casino is a little smaller than I was used to (I used to live next to Foxwoods) but there was always games to play and slots available. My wife enjoyed blackjack any time of the day or night.

I am a poker player and was mislead by their website, the poker room will not open until June or July, I was told. No problem because I had a lot of work to do.

The internet connection was excellent, very easy to use, in room high speed wireless. There was a $12 per day charge which you opted for the first time you tried to log on. After that the service was perfect, email and web. Next day I had to sign up for another 24 hour service.

My wife was comped for the buffet for 1 person for 1 night. She's not a high roller so while that isn't generous it isn't stingy either. The buffet was very good. The shrimp alone was worth the $18/person price. The prime rib and sausage were excellent and there was plenty else to choose from. Everything seemed fresh and well prepared.

We took a ride along Rt 90 (coastal route) out to Gulport. Most of the homes that were on that main beach road are gone. The huge oaks that shaded the area are still there but not throwing much shade anymore. They are growing back but have that eerie post storm look I'm familiar with having experienced hurricane Charley. Off the main road there are very few traffic signals working. And many homes still standing but with no roofs or residents. I saw at least 4 or 5 families loading stuff from homes into trailers.

This area is still suffering. But there are casinos open and the main roads in and out are new and excellent. You should find some excellent prices as they try to lure customers back to help with rebuilding costs. And it sure can't hurt the locals to start getting some tourists back. The beaches are open and almost vacant.

I put a photo on my website taken from our 6th floor window.

• Liked — Nice room at good rate.
  • Disliked — Need more TV channel selection.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!