“Average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

Save Saved
You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Stayed here recenlty for business. Tries to be a fancy hotel, but when you really assess it all, its just average. They are doing everything they can to keep you out of your room. The cable tv has about 15 channels, of which only 4 or 5 are worth watching. Internet access is $11.50 PER DAY and there is no refrigerator. Of course all of that is to give you little reason to stay in your room and instead go to the casino. I can't comment of the gambling, since I was there only for business.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
montgomery alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

I recently took a mini vacation to Biloxi with my best friend. I am a regular Harrah's player, so I chose to stay at the Grand because my rooms are always complimentary. I love playing at Harrah's New Orleans and Tunica because the machines are somewhat loose. I don't do as well at Grand Biloxi, but when I visit Biloxi thats where I usually stay. My friend and I enjoyed the beds and the hospitality of the housekeepers. The rooms were very clean and comfy, and if we asked for something the staff were very assisting. I don't like the floor and slots at the Grand because there are not enough tables or slot machines. I usually go to the Grand for the bed and the great Dungess Crab buffet, but we usually go to the Beau Rivage or IP for the atmosphere. I am 26 and I like to have fun, but the Grand doesn't offer a fun atmosphere for my age group.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

The parking garage is poorly lit and the signage is at best confusing.
The room and the staff were OK.
The food was fair.
The gambling was good.
The total experience was just short of what I expect from a hotel named GRAND.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

This is a very nice casino and hotel, probably the smallest on the coast....skews towards a much older demographic, not very exciting and quite boring if you are under 60.....but.....great service, very kind helpful staff, great food at the buffet, and very reasonably priced also. nicely renovated and updated rooms, nice bathrooms, nice towels and very comfortable beds. Great spa, but only opened on thurs, fri, sat, so check ahead.....a lot of people should realize that this property is only serving as an interim between the pre-katrina Grand Casino and put on hold Margaritaville Casino.....so i can understand the "quietness" of the place for now

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

My husband and I checked into the Grand Biloxi Casino on Saturday, 8/14/10. Very easy check-in....got the room we desired....fabulous shower - very hot water. When I went to put on my makeup, noticed that there wasn't a desk or vanity table. There was this round table with two chairs. I called downstairs and they said that this was all they had. Very uncomfortable to sit there and put on my makeup. I am used to sitting at a desk, but not here.

Slot machines were quite loose, which was a treat for a change. Most people were friendly.

Buffet was so-so. The chocolate ice cream tasted very sour and the cookies stale.

Tunica, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

We took advantage of a free room offer ( from a comp. offer from a "friendly" casino in Tunica we had been to, which was part of the Grand properties). Checked in quickly, no problems. The room was on the 12th floor and was very, very, clean and nice. The bed was fabulous, most comfortable bed I've ever slept in I think. Very nice pool area also. We were hungry after traveling and went down to eat the buffet... We had 2 free meals and some comp. bonus points from that offer as well, but were told they couldn't offer that to us because it was only good at the particular casino that offered that, which I could understand, somewhat, but ....they were still being rude about it. Talked to a " supervisor " and she was no help and rude. Also, it was my birthday and she said I could get a free buffet because it was my birthday, but only on Tuesdays, not on my actual "birthday"....we were only going to be there that night... and I asked them to make an exception, but NO. Even the "top man in his business suit" in the casino was rude and told us he needed a job the next day and could not and would not comp us ANYTHING . We left, didn't drop a dime in their slots, went and ate elsewhere, went to check out the Hard Rock Casino and they were so friendly and you had no problem getting something to drink from the waitresses, much better atmosphere too. I don't recommend going to the Grand if your sole purpose is just to gamble and eat there. For a nice, comfortable, room...yes.

New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

My boyfriends and I were celebrating our 4 year anniversary. We decided to book the grand because it was a good location,casino, pool, spa and a decent price. We attempted to book over the phone. When we called we were put on hold for over 15 minutes and when someone would answer they would put us on hold again. We eventually gave up and booked over the internet.
When we checked into the Hotel I asked the women checking us in (Phyllis) If the hotel did anything special for anniversaries. I received a very cold "NO"
I was looking forward to spending some time at the Grand's Spa during my stay and then Phyllis informed me that the spa was going to be closed that's days we were staying...
We went to our room to get settled in. As I went to go take a shower, I noticed a used bar of hotel soap and empty shampoo bottle laying in the tub.
Frustrated, I called down to the hotel lobby to ask is our room had even been cleaned.
Yet again, on the other end of the line was very cold Phylis replying " well yes mam." I didn't even receive an apology or an offer to have room service to come and re-clean the room.

Day 2:
I went to take my morning shower and the water would not get hot. I gave the hotel the benefit of the doubt and we went along with my day. I assumed because it was early in the morning, peek shower time, maybe everyone was taking a shower and that's why the water wouldn't get hot.
We came back from the beach, I went to take a shower and yet again, 5 hours later the water would not get hot.
Frustrated AGAIN, I called the front desk. I immediately asked for the manager.
I spoke with the supervisor Pamela. Pamela was very apologetic which I appreciated. I asked Pamela after everything that we had been through if she could do anything for us. She said she would have to talk to her manager.
Late that evening we came back to our room with a message waiting from the manager.
Since it was so late we did not call back. The next day my boyfriend convinced me to just let everything go. We did not call the manager back. We checked out this morning.
As we were checking out the gentlemen in front of us was complaining as well. Again my better half convinced me to not complain. The women at the front desk informed me I could take a survey online.
So hear I am.
Good luck to everyone's travels.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!