“Kids, Kids and More Kids” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pensacola, FL
“Kids, Kids and More Kids”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2007

I really didn't think a casino would be full of children, but at The Grand Casino Biloxi, it looks like small children out number the adults. They were screaming in their rooms, slamming doors and running through the hallway. Forget about relaxing at the pool, it looked like Disney World. Parents went so far as to have them sit on the outskirts of the lobby bar while they drank.
The casino has alot of the newer video slots. VERY confusing, so stick with the tables. Also... if you would like a cocktail, good luck finding a waitress/waiter. They are pretty understaffed in that department, but you can always pay $6.00 at that "KIDDY BAR".

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Too many small children
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Ooltewah, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

My nephew and I spent from 5/23/07 to 5/26/07 at the Grand in Boloxi and have never been treated so kindly. The hotel was great and the employees were even greater. The casino was staffed with the finest of employees and the place was very clean and kept that way. As to the winnings in the casino they were also great. I will say this I came home with more money than I went to Boloxi with. We already are planning another trip to Boloxi as we live in Tennessee and have to drive about 7 hours.
I cannot not say enough good about this hotel and casino. If you think I am just saying this try it and find out for your self.
Thanks Grand for a wonderful time TO REMEMBER.
R. Lovelace

Stayed May 2007
Port Charlotte, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

We really wanted to see what Biloxi/Gulfport, MS looked like almost 2 years after Katrina so we booked a couple nights at the Grand in Biloxi and hit the road.

Rooms were cheap ($79/night for 2 people) and very nice. The giant LCD HDTV was great although their selection of channels is limited and they had some internal problems with the hotel menu option that was instantly fixed with a phone call. The sound on the TV is annoying if you like to leave it on quietly all night. It seems to exaggerate background noises in stereo.

The actual casino is a little smaller than I was used to (I used to live next to Foxwoods) but there was always games to play and slots available. My wife enjoyed blackjack any time of the day or night.

I am a poker player and was mislead by their website, the poker room will not open until June or July, I was told. No problem because I had a lot of work to do.

The internet connection was excellent, very easy to use, in room high speed wireless. There was a $12 per day charge which you opted for the first time you tried to log on. After that the service was perfect, email and web. Next day I had to sign up for another 24 hour service.

My wife was comped for the buffet for 1 person for 1 night. She's not a high roller so while that isn't generous it isn't stingy either. The buffet was very good. The shrimp alone was worth the $18/person price. The prime rib and sausage were excellent and there was plenty else to choose from. Everything seemed fresh and well prepared.

We took a ride along Rt 90 (coastal route) out to Gulport. Most of the homes that were on that main beach road are gone. The huge oaks that shaded the area are still there but not throwing much shade anymore. They are growing back but have that eerie post storm look I'm familiar with having experienced hurricane Charley. Off the main road there are very few traffic signals working. And many homes still standing but with no roofs or residents. I saw at least 4 or 5 families loading stuff from homes into trailers.

This area is still suffering. But there are casinos open and the main roads in and out are new and excellent. You should find some excellent prices as they try to lure customers back to help with rebuilding costs. And it sure can't hurt the locals to start getting some tourists back. The beaches are open and almost vacant.

I put a photo on my website taken from our 6th floor window.

• Liked — Nice room at good rate.
  • Disliked — Need more TV channel selection.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
nonenonenone
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

Since Harrah's bought out the Grand Casino and after huricane Kartrina, the Grand Casino Biloxi is a awful place to gamble. I went with a friend of mine who plays craps and roulette bigger than the average gambler (at least $25 bets for 4 to 6 hours per day).

He is a 'Diamond' card member at the casino but they would not comp anything after his large playing on craps and roulette. They said they have fewer rooms now so it could not be comped.

Before Harrah's bought out the Grand in Biloxi they would comp everything and beg him to come down there, and the Beau Rivage still does. However, after Harrah's bought out the Grand, they will squeeze a quarter until the eagle screams. If you go to Biloxi the only place you want to stay is the Beau Rivage.

The most unbelievable part of the stay was when we were both on the craps table and he was 'coloring up' his chips, the box man shorted him a 100 dollar chip, he caught it before he walked away and they gave him the 100 dollar chip. He took it as an accident until the box man winked at the stick man after he gave him the chip.

You will be better off staying away from this place if you want to place a bet.

• Liked — the ride home
  • Disliked — the casino
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Foley,Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2007

I have stayed at the Grand many times and to me it is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. I always ask for a room near the elevator because I have trouble walking and they always give me a room right at the elevators. Whatever you ask for they will make sure that you get what you want. The rooms are always clean and very comfortable. I would recommend the Grand Hotel to anyone as I have been so satisfied with staying there.
They have a wonderful, helpful staff even down to the maids.

• Liked — every thing coffee in room
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2007

We spent one night at the Grand (Jan 25, 07, Thurs). The room was very nice - I liked the three big pillows on the bed. I did notice quite a lot of slot machines not being used and wonder if that is because the machines are so different in appearance from what we have come to expect. I like the more traditional slot machines. The casino was busy but not crowded. The staff members we came in contact with were friendly, pleasant, and helpful. We plan to visit again soon.

Stayed January 2007
Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2007

The Grand Casino exceeded my expectations! The cocktail waitesses were on point whether you were at the penny slots or high rolling. The casino was the perfect size, it wasn't overly huge or maze-like. I never felt lost or trapped like I did in so many casinos in Vegas. The hotel was reconstructed, as were all the hotels in Biloxi, but the rooms were up-to-date with decor, provided warm down comforters, clean, plasma tv's, and all for an extremely affordable rate! The staff as a whole were so friendly. They all smile at you and greet you no matter how many times you pass by them in a day. The buffet was good, a little pricey, but what do you expect? With your total rewards card you can get a decent $5 discount on the buffet. There wasn't a whole lot else to offer in Biloxi, aside from the casinos. They have a long way to go. It was sad to see all the FEMA trailers that people are still living in. I know one day things will be back in order. My husband and I both agree that we will faithfully return to Biloxi.

Stayed January 2007

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!