“Updating is beginning to show” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
martin
“Updating is beginning to show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The renovations at the hotel and casino are going forth and it appears things will be much better. The casino is now better lighted and not so dark. They are now serving breakfast in the buffet (BOBO (on Monday and Tuesday) and also at dinner. There is now a "Steak and Shake" on the property. We enjoyed our stay. I wish they would go smoke free like the Palace.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed at Harrah's for a couple of nights en route to New Orleans. Check in was a little slow, could be because we arrived at dinner time. Room was large and clean, with a nice view of the gulf. Beds were very comfortable after a long drive. Casino has been refurbished since out last visit a year ago. Aisles seem more maneuverable and many new machines. The next day, my husband and I visited the salon for hair cuts. The staff was very friendly and the stylist did a great job on both of us. Salon is beautiful and offers a large array of services. Got us out of the casino for a while and got a great style, too. Ate at the buffet and found a large selection from Southern to Asian. Everything was hot and fresh. The pool area is very nice, overlooking the beach. Servers were very attentive. Would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Arrive earlier for a faster check-in.
Green Features: Room has block out curtains for use during the day, encourages the re-using of linens.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Should really be called a motel! When the prime restaurant is Steak n' Shake, you should be scared. We expected a decent place on a relative's recommendation but were really disappointed. We dined at the "fancy" Magnolia house restaurant and the food wasn't worth the price! We later ordered room service and were treated poorly for no reason. The casino was tiny and just downright horrible. It's definitely NOT family friendly with ashtrays in the bathrooms, the pool closing at 8 for anyone under 21 & the food in the back of the casino causing us to walk through everyone gambling and smoking. The rooms need to be remodeled and updated! There was little to no lighting throughout the room and bathroom, however; there's plenty of flood lights shining through the windows.... great. Overall it was awful and the next day we went to the Golden Nugget to eat lunch and it was heaven compared to Harrah's!

Room Tip: Stay at the Golden Nugget or Beau Rivage
Green Features: AWFUL. They allow people to smoke throughout the hotel!! They even have ashtrays in the bathroom!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shay S, Public Relations Manager at Harrah's Gulf Coast, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Nancy,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our team. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience.

Our team is very proud to offer the fine-dining restaurant, Magnolia House by Kelly English, as well as our fast-casual, Steak 'n Shake. It is our goal to offer our guests a variety of dining options to suite multiple occasions.

I hope that you will give us another chance in the future, to earn back your trust, and show you the exceptional customer service our facility has become so well known for providing.

Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We arrived at 11:30 pm on a Saturday night and stayed thru dinner on Wednesday. Our gulf view room was comped. After reading other reviews, I was apprehensive. I was expecting to be terribly disappointed. However, I wasn't. First, let me say that our room was perfectly acceptable. We normally stay at Marriott properties and our room was parallel to that. It was recently renovated. The casino is small. We were told the casino was originally built as the temporary casino after Katrina but has functioned as the properties casino. Table minimums stayed at $5 for our entire stay. We finally learned how to play craps because the dealers were FANTASTIC and taught us. Hard to believe, but we hit the fire bet with a $5 bet once on 4 numbers and TWICE on 5 numbers ($1,250 each time!). Glad we played a $1 bet for the dealers cause they won more than $500, too! Celebrated a birthday at the new Magnolias restaurant and can only be described as yummy and decadent. My two suggestions would be to not have the air conditioning blasting so much as it was very, very cold in the casino and please, please, please add a Crazy Four Poker table and we would not have a need to visit any other property.

• Stayed July 2014
Metairie, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Booked on line under the impression this was the Grand Casino Hotel with the Lazy River. It was never explained to me that there was even a name change let along no lazy river. Then children were not allowed in pool on Saturday night after 3pm because they were having DJ for adults only. Would not take my family back here ever a again. There are many other hotels to choose from.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I remember when casinos were for adults, now it seems children can be everywhere and no parent supervision.
In the casino bathroom two kids crying and fighting.
In the lobby by the elevators acting a ten year old acting out Kung Fu. Then jumping off and on elevators.
In our room we can hear them screaming and jumping off the bed. My husband Knocks on the thin walls and tells them to quiet down. We leave and later that night ten and twelve year olds playing with elevators and in room yelling and jumping.
Some one mentioned no frig in room, now you have to rent even if your diamond. The Internet service is free at a couple Harrahs but not the Tunica or Gulf Coast , so you spend a thousand or more gambling and still want to charge a Internet fee. Infact, the Tunica Internet won't let you stay connected even when you pay for it.
The casino is small and machines very tight. I wish I would have stayed up the street at a bigger casino and one where you can play for awhile on your money.
I am really disappointed.
I guess when an unattended child gets kidnapped, disappears, raped or murdered , the casinos will wake up. Sad these children are left unattended and allowed to be wild.
Next time they send me free play I will stay at an adult casino and just stop by and spend my free play.
Casinos were for adult play to get away from children now they have taken over.

Stayed July 2014
Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide our team with feedback surrounding your recent visit. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that provides us with the opportunity to learn and improve.

Our casino does work to be family friendly; however, I apologize that your stay was negatively impacted by the presence of minors, and any and all, disturbances they may have caused. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future, to earn back your trust and your business.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was our second stay here. The first was during our honeymoon the year before and now for a one year anniversary trip. We enjoyed the hotel. The bed was big and comfy. We spent a lot of time in the casino, of course. Some dealers were rude but we didn't let it stop us from having fun. We enjoyed the buffet both nights we stayed. The first night (Sun) was a delicious buffet of crab legs and prime rib. The next night was BOGO and was BBQ themed. We also enjoyed the buffet breakfast with biscuits and gravy being my personal favorite. Overall, we had a great time.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!