“Comfortable - But really needs to upgrade to keep up with all the other hotels remodling” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

Save Saved
You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just returned from a last minute trip to The Grand Biloxi. We live in Atlanta and decided at the very last minute to head down for just a couple of days! Called late afternoon Saturday August 31, 2013 Florence took my call and was very very friendly and helpful (will admit I normally do not stay here) but have in the past. I had 2 free nights compd' and paid for 1 night (Sunday) that was a little expensive but I am sure it was due to being Labor Day Weekend. *** I have not paid for a Harrah's Casino Room in over 15+ years.

It was our Wedding Anniversary and was hoping they would give us an upgrade or do something nice like a bottle of wine but nothing... again going to chalk this up to us making a last minute reservation and it being a holiday weekend. I guess I really shouldn't be shocked since I paid $169 for Sunday night..........

Check in was a breeze (Arrived at 9PM) and the lady that waited on us was very nice. Was giving a regular king smoking room 4th floor last door at the end of the long hall facing the parking deck! Room was nice enough very clean but throughout the night the air condition was banging and banging woke my husband and I both up about 3 times. I called down the next morning and ask if we could change rooms close by so I didn't have to repack and move to far got lucky and was given the room across the hall. Had to call for a new remote the first night and Sunday morning the TV continued to acted up and before I changed rooms couldn't even get the TV volume to turn down or even shut the TV off. I thought the bed's and pillows in both rooms were comfortable, however I wished they would have have a lounging chair or sofa to relax on instead both rooms had a small table with 2 regular chairs.... And my big pet peeve is paying for WIFI over $12.00 per 24 hours - but worst of all it did not work the entire time I was there - the hotel did reimburse me for the charge.....
Okay was just shocked that room service stops either 10 or 11 PM and no room service after 10:30 AM, for breakfast all I wanted was coffee in the am (I slept in) but did just walk down to the little cafe in the lobby for coffee and decided on a chicken salad sandwich which was good.

Saturday evening when we first arrived we did eat in the buffet, food was good and was appealing to the eye a lot of selection -- employees in the buffet were friendly and came by often to refill drinks.

We gambled a little Saturday evening and service was good in the casino also they had a band which I thought was really good.

Played for a little while on Sunday it was quite crowded in the casino was planning on going to the pool too but OMG have never seen so many children at a casino pool so ditched that idea, so went out to explore some of the local shopping areas. I guess because it was a long holiday weekend but I have never seen so many young children at a casino hotel - the children out numbered the adults that were gambling.

Got up early Monday morning to have the breakfast buffet (IT WAS CLOSED) - Was shocked since this was long holiday weekend so off we went to the Beau Rivage to have breakfast...

Had to leave really early Tuesday morning to head home. We have been Total Reward Members for 25+ years I can't really brag on the hotel this trip except to say that all the employees were very friendly including housekeeping... Did not like not having room service available for late night and buffet being closed for breakfast. But I would return but NOT on a Holiday Weekend!

Room Tip: Get a room above above the 4th floor on the parking area not only a ugly few but damn those parking...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff was wonderful but the hotel area was a little worn out. The stay pleasant enough for the price but the area around the pool was a mess. The planters had empty beer cans and trash stuck in them. It was like people stuck trash in them yet no one ever looked in them to clean them out. Was odd as the trash was not fresh but looked like it was there a long while. Other then needing a little freshen up, the price and the staff were very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stopped here on last leg of vacation. Room was very comfortable and well appointed. Had a nice view of the Gulf. Was late arriving but hotel staff was very nice, efficient and accommodating. Did
not have to wait in a line for check in. Enjoyed the seafood buffet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We travel extensively and frequently stay for free at Harrah's Casino's because of our level of casino play.
We've stayed at over 20 of Harrah's properties and I would rate this one near the bottom as a hotel.
Our room was a standard size with a very comfortable bed. There is a lack of lighting in the rooms. We each had 2 small bags, but nowhere to set them down except for the floor. Very low water pressure in shower. We were in a no smoking floor, but blanket and pillow reeked of cigarette smoke - which they did exchange the next day. This is just an old tired out hotel.
However I did Have an excellent hamburger at the cafe. One of the best on this trip.
As for the machines in the casino - I don't know their payout schedule, but over 2 days play, never felt like it was fair. Quickly went thru $500 with no return.
But the biggest disappointment was no poker room! So wife did all of her playing at another casino, while I played machines here.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Prairieville, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Smaller Casino, member of the Caesars conglomerate. Nice staff, but unaccustomed to early check-in fee just for starters. Casino is small by our standards. No poker room? Well, in 2013 I expect one. One the plus side, room was quite nice & the buffet good and affordable.

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Overall I had an enjoyable experience from check-in to check-out. By far it had the most consistently great service out of any of the other casino resorts in the Biloxi region.

Hotel:
Check-in was quick and smooth. From the time I got to the front desk to the time I had my room key in hand was under 3 minutes. The front desk agent was polite, friendly and courteous. He explained current promotions including the rebate you now get on gas at shell stations. The rooms at this hotel are not designed to be luxury. There is no resort fee. The rooms are basic, not cramped and the room on the 7th floor I was in was spotless. The bathroom is nicely done and had plenty of towels and the usual shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer. There was also an in-room coffee maker. There was no bottled water provided. The bed was triple sheeted, clean and very comfortable. Hotel wifi is very pricey at 12 dollars a day. I avoided that fee by turning on the mobile hotspot on my smartphone. There is also no business center here for those that might need one. There is an Office Depot within a 10 minute drive. Housekeeping staff were friendly and cleaned the room each day. They passed all my "tests" and did an excellent job of being thorough when cleaning.

Casino:
The casino is smaller then some of the others in the area but for what they lack in size they made up for in service. At a couple of the other resorts the dealers barely cracked a smile. The dealers here were friendly, outgoing and made you feel welcomed while playing. I saw several slot hand-pays being paid out and people there seemed to be genuinely having fun.
As an added bonus they give 10x points on Monday's and this can added up quickly. Points are part of the Total Rewards program and can be used at any Caesar's property(around 40) through the U.S. for food, the hotel or spa. You also earn fuel rebates on your play and can get up to 50 cents a gallon off a month on gas at most Shell stations as part of the program(they give you a card at check-in to use)

Parking:
Parking is free. The hotel and casino are accessible from level 3 of the parking garage. I suggest parking on level 2 or level 4 where it is less crowded and close to the elevator rather then park on level 3 and have to potentially walk much farther since everyone seems to park on that level.

Security:
Like other staff throughout the resort the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. They were able to answer any questions I had without hesitation.

Summary:
If you are looking for a clean, reasonable place to stay with a nice pool and the friendliest staff around Biloxi, I recommend staying here. They may not have some of the bells and whistles of the luxury resorts but they make up for it with the lower pricing, total rewards promotions and exceptionally pleasant staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Augusta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were only there two nights and we didn't get to try the buffet which was recommended by a friend who stays there often. The casino is nice but not as luxurious as the IP, Hard Rock, or Beau Rivage. The Grand is in a good location and fairly closed to the other casinos, though not walking distance. There is a convenient Casino Hopper shuttle that runs every hour and its only $1.25 per ride. I will try to post pics when I have more time.

Room Tip: Our room, 945, was very clean and offered everything we needed including a nice flat screen TV and t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!