“I'm more critica. Hotel better than motel 6, but the casino payouts really sucks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We travel extensively and frequently stay for free at Harrah's Casino's because of our level of casino play.
We've stayed at over 20 of Harrah's properties and I would rate this one near the bottom as a hotel.
Our room was a standard size with a very comfortable bed. There is a lack of lighting in the rooms. We each had 2 small bags, but nowhere to set them down except for the floor. Very low water pressure in shower. We were in a no smoking floor, but blanket and pillow reeked of cigarette smoke - which they did exchange the next day. This is just an old tired out hotel.
However I did Have an excellent hamburger at the cafe. One of the best on this trip.
As for the machines in the casino - I don't know their payout schedule, but over 2 days play, never felt like it was fair. Quickly went thru $500 with no return.
But the biggest disappointment was no poker room! So wife did all of her playing at another casino, while I played machines here.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Prairieville, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Smaller Casino, member of the Caesars conglomerate. Nice staff, but unaccustomed to early check-in fee just for starters. Casino is small by our standards. No poker room? Well, in 2013 I expect one. One the plus side, room was quite nice & the buffet good and affordable.

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Overall I had an enjoyable experience from check-in to check-out. By far it had the most consistently great service out of any of the other casino resorts in the Biloxi region.

Hotel:
Check-in was quick and smooth. From the time I got to the front desk to the time I had my room key in hand was under 3 minutes. The front desk agent was polite, friendly and courteous. He explained current promotions including the rebate you now get on gas at shell stations. The rooms at this hotel are not designed to be luxury. There is no resort fee. The rooms are basic, not cramped and the room on the 7th floor I was in was spotless. The bathroom is nicely done and had plenty of towels and the usual shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer. There was also an in-room coffee maker. There was no bottled water provided. The bed was triple sheeted, clean and very comfortable. Hotel wifi is very pricey at 12 dollars a day. I avoided that fee by turning on the mobile hotspot on my smartphone. There is also no business center here for those that might need one. There is an Office Depot within a 10 minute drive. Housekeeping staff were friendly and cleaned the room each day. They passed all my "tests" and did an excellent job of being thorough when cleaning.

Casino:
The casino is smaller then some of the others in the area but for what they lack in size they made up for in service. At a couple of the other resorts the dealers barely cracked a smile. The dealers here were friendly, outgoing and made you feel welcomed while playing. I saw several slot hand-pays being paid out and people there seemed to be genuinely having fun.
As an added bonus they give 10x points on Monday's and this can added up quickly. Points are part of the Total Rewards program and can be used at any Caesar's property(around 40) through the U.S. for food, the hotel or spa. You also earn fuel rebates on your play and can get up to 50 cents a gallon off a month on gas at most Shell stations as part of the program(they give you a card at check-in to use)

Parking:
Parking is free. The hotel and casino are accessible from level 3 of the parking garage. I suggest parking on level 2 or level 4 where it is less crowded and close to the elevator rather then park on level 3 and have to potentially walk much farther since everyone seems to park on that level.

Security:
Like other staff throughout the resort the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. They were able to answer any questions I had without hesitation.

Summary:
If you are looking for a clean, reasonable place to stay with a nice pool and the friendliest staff around Biloxi, I recommend staying here. They may not have some of the bells and whistles of the luxury resorts but they make up for it with the lower pricing, total rewards promotions and exceptionally pleasant staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Augusta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were only there two nights and we didn't get to try the buffet which was recommended by a friend who stays there often. The casino is nice but not as luxurious as the IP, Hard Rock, or Beau Rivage. The Grand is in a good location and fairly closed to the other casinos, though not walking distance. There is a convenient Casino Hopper shuttle that runs every hour and its only $1.25 per ride. I will try to post pics when I have more time.

Room Tip: Our room, 945, was very clean and offered everything we needed including a nice flat screen TV and t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Biloxi, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Most of us on our family trip chose the Grand Biloxi because it had 4 stars. Even though it was more expensive, we all regretted not choosing the Hampton Inn Ocean Springs where others stayed. The Grand had very nice people, and our view was spectacular. But the room was lackluster, the food was pretty average and there was no business center. If anyone in your group works in a corporate environment, find another place to stay. They can not assist you if you need to respond to your office and your personal computer is down; the cost of their wi-fi was ridiculous. If you are having a family event, they can not help you if you need to update a family program and make copies. There is nothing appealing about the lobby area and the smoke was overwhelming.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the gulf have great views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I came to visit my son who is stationed nearby. The property is clean, quiet for a weekend, comfortable and polite staff. I stayed 4 days. Tami in the gift shop was fantastic! The problem is that the place is too quiet and secluded. Glad I rented a car. It is not directly located near another property. There is a casino bus hopper you can catch for a fee owned by the city. The breakfast is like those Jimmy Dean biscuit sandwiches. McDonalds is a mile away. I did not eat at the Steakhouse on property as it is expensive in my opinion or the buffet restaurant. I don't gamble but played a little at the slots. As others stated it is really smoky. No band or other activity other than gambling in the casino. My room was on the 8th floor. Great view of the ocean and pool. The room was dark. Had 2 mismatched dated lamps. 1 was rusted and turned off when it wanted too lol. I was told they are short lamps. This should be updated to wall lighting and electric curtains for the price I paid. Nice that if needed the rooms could be joined by a doorway. Spacious rooms. Wish they had a media center where all devices could be plugged into 1 location. Halls are VERY cold. This end of the beach is closed so the developed part is 2 miles up the road. This end is not developed. Basically I thought it was going to be like Vegas and Myrtle Beach combined. Great hotel for the Sr Citizen crowd but not for younger folks. I would stay again if I were passing thru. Tv has 3 average channels. The other 17 are ok. Wifi is extra but I don't recall paying a resort fee so it balances out. Spa services are normal for a hotel. The fitness center has a variety of equipment also. I was also disappointed that the hotel does not offer an excursion to New Orleans which was an hour drive. In Vegas I went to the Grand Canyon by excursion. Had a great time just wished there was more night life, younger crowd, places to eat and update the room. Bathroom is nice but the living room needs a cosmetic update.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Upon arrival the staff was very friendly and helpful and Check in was quick for two rooms.

We stayed on the 3rd floor (314-316) with the worst view of A/C units and a slight glimpse of the pool.
Once the sun went down we had bright white lights beaming into our rooms so even if we wanted to look out at our not so lovely view we were blinded by the lights definitely had to use the curtains to keep out the bright lights.
The hallways and elevators smelled a little like smoke but once in the rooms none of us smelled any smoke besides the bright lights our rooms were clean and beds comfortable.

Once settled in our family all went down for the seafood buffet which was VERY GOOD and always stocked with fresh food. Our server was extremely friendly and on top of things.
Just FYI every night has a different theme for the buffet so check ahead if you have something in mind.

No one was too impressed with the casino as it was rather small and after playing for several hours none of our machine never really hit.

For the price of our stay I would just rate this hotel as average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!