“Not quite what I had in mind” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Antonio
“Not quite what I had in mind”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I came to visit my son who is stationed nearby. The property is clean, quiet for a weekend, comfortable and polite staff. I stayed 4 days. Tami in the gift shop was fantastic! The problem is that the place is too quiet and secluded. Glad I rented a car. It is not directly located near another property. There is a casino bus hopper you can catch for a fee owned by the city. The breakfast is like those Jimmy Dean biscuit sandwiches. McDonalds is a mile away. I did not eat at the Steakhouse on property as it is expensive in my opinion or the buffet restaurant. I don't gamble but played a little at the slots. As others stated it is really smoky. No band or other activity other than gambling in the casino. My room was on the 8th floor. Great view of the ocean and pool. The room was dark. Had 2 mismatched dated lamps. 1 was rusted and turned off when it wanted too lol. I was told they are short lamps. This should be updated to wall lighting and electric curtains for the price I paid. Nice that if needed the rooms could be joined by a doorway. Spacious rooms. Wish they had a media center where all devices could be plugged into 1 location. Halls are VERY cold. This end of the beach is closed so the developed part is 2 miles up the road. This end is not developed. Basically I thought it was going to be like Vegas and Myrtle Beach combined. Great hotel for the Sr Citizen crowd but not for younger folks. I would stay again if I were passing thru. Tv has 3 average channels. The other 17 are ok. Wifi is extra but I don't recall paying a resort fee so it balances out. Spa services are normal for a hotel. The fitness center has a variety of equipment also. I was also disappointed that the hotel does not offer an excursion to New Orleans which was an hour drive. In Vegas I went to the Grand Canyon by excursion. Had a great time just wished there was more night life, younger crowd, places to eat and update the room. Bathroom is nice but the living room needs a cosmetic update.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Upon arrival the staff was very friendly and helpful and Check in was quick for two rooms.

We stayed on the 3rd floor (314-316) with the worst view of A/C units and a slight glimpse of the pool.
Once the sun went down we had bright white lights beaming into our rooms so even if we wanted to look out at our not so lovely view we were blinded by the lights definitely had to use the curtains to keep out the bright lights.
The hallways and elevators smelled a little like smoke but once in the rooms none of us smelled any smoke besides the bright lights our rooms were clean and beds comfortable.

Once settled in our family all went down for the seafood buffet which was VERY GOOD and always stocked with fresh food. Our server was extremely friendly and on top of things.
Just FYI every night has a different theme for the buffet so check ahead if you have something in mind.

No one was too impressed with the casino as it was rather small and after playing for several hours none of our machine never really hit.

For the price of our stay I would just rate this hotel as average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Franklin, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel was adequate...we booked the Deluxe King which was not as nice as the other Harrahs properties. It was clean and the bed was comfortable; however there was not a fridge in the room. Also, the room never got cleaned and the hot water was turned off at night so if you wanted a shower it was cold(it worked fine during the day). The casino was nice; however no one was in there (I know why) ...None of the games paid out at all. The house always won. It also took a long time for the drink lady to come around...maybe every 30 minutes if you were lucky. Typically when I stay at a Harrahs property and gamble the rooms were comped; however not here. I will not be returned to this particular Casino in Bilioxi....very boring.

Room Tip: Bring a cooler if you want anything cold. Don't expect any room comps...the place was empty so...
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Grand because we are Total Rewards Members. The room had a nice view of the parking deck. The bathroom was small. The pillows were so hard that my husband had a sore neck the entire stay. Our room was not cleaned by housekeeping even though we left no signs on the door to not clean the room. We were out of the room all day and came back to our room at 11pm to an unmade bed and dirty towels. The casino is small and there were so few table games that you couldn't get on a table game at night. We got two free nights because of our Total Rewards Membership but still had to pay $300 for the rest of our stay. The pool was dirty and had mold on the tile. We will NOT stay here again!

Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Check in was a breeze and did self checkout thru the TV.

Staff was friendly always saying hello. Casino was smaller then we expected with few new games. Some really big progressives to entice you. DeMama won enough for an enjoyable Swedish massage and I lost it all over 2 days. We'll see the comps we get to judge better.

Room was not the nicest Harrah's we have stayed at but was clean and comfortable with a nice view. Pool was very busy with A LOT of kids.

Ate in the lobby bar which turned out to be large portions of good food.

Biloxi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The SPECIAL rate was excellent. We had a nice view of the pool. No access to the beach due to semi - constructed building.(looks abandoned). Hotel staff very friendly. Pool tiles could use some repairs, otherwise clean and refreshing. Forgot our pillows and returned the next day. They were held in safe keepings. Would return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very nice, friendly staff, clean rooms. Entertainment - band at casino was really good and we attended a really fun party by the amazing pool with a view. I've been to other hotels in Biloxi MS and by far the best Hotel for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!