“Fun gambling and great views of the beach.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
hawaii
“Fun gambling and great views of the beach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is one of our favorite places to visit in Mississippi. Nice and mellow, but yet enough action to have fun. We got upgraded to a suite on our last visit, and it was incredible. We didn't want to leave the room, but we did. The hotel has a nice steakhouse, and also some pretty good casual dining options. Gambling was fun, wished we won more.

Room Tip: I prefer higher rooms. They usually have a better view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Not at all a nice place, 1st day ate lunch and watched flies land on my food while sitting at the bar. A very tacky employee was eating lunch next to us with her friends (unprofessional at best) We had moved from the IP after two nights and regretted it.. the rooms were better at IP the casino and restaurants were WAY better. They charge 11.50 a day for internet which never worked, they charged 15.00 extra to check in at 1:30 or wait til 3pm. They are NOT " a Vegas style casino" if your looking for that go to the hard rock or beau ravage. Overall unimpressed at 200+ a night. Wish I had just stayed at the IP, ALSO rooms are BAD carpet stains and reaked of smoke on a nonsmoking floor! Pool furniture is awful and in ill repair. The beds however were excellent along with the pillows.

Room Tip: Stayed in 1011 and smoke was terrible!
Clinton, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We love the ease of self-parking and checking into the hotel. This trip we had a great view of the beach and gulf. The room was very clean and comfortable. The gift shops are nice, and the folks working there very friendly. Matter of fact, everyone we met working here were friendly. They made us feel welcome and at home, like we were staying with friends or family. We look forward to our next trip to Biloxi!

DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have an old friend who works in the area and invited me, my girlfriend, and an old college buddy. My GF and I had never been to the Mississippi coast, let alone, been to a casino on the Mississippi coast. Everything from room cleanliness to the state of the hotel in general rated "well maintained" and "good."

The up side to the Grand Biloxi is the staff and service. From bartenders to wait staff to dealers to janitorial service workers...the staff here was almost overly nice and helpful. Every single Grand Biloxi worker that we engaged was all smiles and nothing but helpful. Even the overworked/understaffed valet parking staff were extremely nice.

Speaking of valet parking, this is the one negative of the Grand Biloxi. The area where one unloads and turns their car over to the valet staff is extremely too small. It was an adventure every day we returned to the hotel and used valet parking. Two immediate things come to mind when one uses the Grand Biloxi's valet parking: 1) area where cars are left is too small and becomes overcrowded and backed up quickly; and 2) the number of valet staff workers is woefully small considering the large amount of cars constantly waiting to be parked. The valet staff may have been understaffed, however, they were continuously and consistently courteous and moving at a quick pace.

Not being a gambler or a person who frequents casinos, I am incapable of comparing this hotel/casino with any other hotel/casino that exists along the Gulf coast. Obviously, this area needs the jobs and economic stimulus. All that said, after spending four days here, I would definitely return.

Final note, the Grand Bear Golf Course associated with the hotel is well worth the 30 mile drive. This outstanding resort course is situated within the DeSoto National Forest and is completely pristine. Fairways and greens are immaculate. There are no houses or road traffic to distract from your game. During July and during the week, there isn't a lot of other golfers either...so you are probably going to find yourself playing golf with at least one empty hole between you and other groups.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Grand is a joke. I stayed there on 7/26/13. While the rooms are clean and comfortable, their customer service was absolutely horrible. I attempted to check out on the tv but several of the buttons didn't work. I attempted to call front desk several times with no answer. How does a front desk phone go unanswered? After waiting in a line at the front desk I attempted to inform the front desk attendant that the buttons were not working for express check out in my room and that I had called the front desk more than twice with no answer, but instead I was interrupted and asked for my room number when it was already right in front of the guy. I gave him my room number and then repeated that no one was answering the front desk phone. Instead of apologies I was told "well, we have been busy". While I was leaving with luggage in hand I was again asked for my ID walking through the casino to the parking garage and was asked "what, do you think you are grown?? You need to show your ID". I told him I was upset after a bad experience with the front desk and he informed me I should have gotten the guys name to complain about. Be prepared to over pay for rooms, lose money on machines that don't hit, to show your ID every time you go anywhere in the casino, even if just between levels, and to experience poor customer service if you stay here. Also, I'm 26, I do not look particularly young, so I do not see why my ID needs to be shown more than once at the entrance of the casino. This place is unashamedly terrible. Do not stay there! The hard rock is much better.

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed there last weekend thinking it would be so much nicer than a Mariott courtyard or Hyatt Place hotel. I was wrong on every level and ended up paying double what I would have paid elsewhere. The layout is horrible, the service sucked & the view of the Gulf is obstructed with their concrete structure that I can only assume was to be built on for their second phase but they must have run out of money. I can honestly say, by running the place like it is run, they will never make the money to expand. Even the bathroom was dirty and there was mold on the shower curtain. Spend your money at another hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Walls
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

There was an odor in the room. The bed mattress was lumpy.The room view was terrible. The carpet in hallways was stained. Access from the garage to the hotel was dimly lit. It just didn't meet our expectations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!