“Had a great time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

Save Saved
You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #18 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Clinton, MS
“Had a great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We love the ease of self-parking and checking into the hotel. This trip we had a great view of the beach and gulf. The room was very clean and comfortable. The gift shops are nice, and the folks working there very friendly. Matter of fact, everyone we met working here were friendly. They made us feel welcome and at home, like we were staying with friends or family. We look forward to our next trip to Biloxi!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

725 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have an old friend who works in the area and invited me, my girlfriend, and an old college buddy. My GF and I had never been to the Mississippi coast, let alone, been to a casino on the Mississippi coast. Everything from room cleanliness to the state of the hotel in general rated "well maintained" and "good."

The up side to the Grand Biloxi is the staff and service. From bartenders to wait staff to dealers to janitorial service workers...the staff here was almost overly nice and helpful. Every single Grand Biloxi worker that we engaged was all smiles and nothing but helpful. Even the overworked/understaffed valet parking staff were extremely nice.

Speaking of valet parking, this is the one negative of the Grand Biloxi. The area where one unloads and turns their car over to the valet staff is extremely too small. It was an adventure every day we returned to the hotel and used valet parking. Two immediate things come to mind when one uses the Grand Biloxi's valet parking: 1) area where cars are left is too small and becomes overcrowded and backed up quickly; and 2) the number of valet staff workers is woefully small considering the large amount of cars constantly waiting to be parked. The valet staff may have been understaffed, however, they were continuously and consistently courteous and moving at a quick pace.

Not being a gambler or a person who frequents casinos, I am incapable of comparing this hotel/casino with any other hotel/casino that exists along the Gulf coast. Obviously, this area needs the jobs and economic stimulus. All that said, after spending four days here, I would definitely return.

Final note, the Grand Bear Golf Course associated with the hotel is well worth the 30 mile drive. This outstanding resort course is situated within the DeSoto National Forest and is completely pristine. Fairways and greens are immaculate. There are no houses or road traffic to distract from your game. During July and during the week, there isn't a lot of other golfers either...so you are probably going to find yourself playing golf with at least one empty hole between you and other groups.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Grand is a joke. I stayed there on 7/26/13. While the rooms are clean and comfortable, their customer service was absolutely horrible. I attempted to check out on the tv but several of the buttons didn't work. I attempted to call front desk several times with no answer. How does a front desk phone go unanswered? After waiting in a line at the front desk I attempted to inform the front desk attendant that the buttons were not working for express check out in my room and that I had called the front desk more than twice with no answer, but instead I was interrupted and asked for my room number when it was already right in front of the guy. I gave him my room number and then repeated that no one was answering the front desk phone. Instead of apologies I was told "well, we have been busy". While I was leaving with luggage in hand I was again asked for my ID walking through the casino to the parking garage and was asked "what, do you think you are grown?? You need to show your ID". I told him I was upset after a bad experience with the front desk and he informed me I should have gotten the guys name to complain about. Be prepared to over pay for rooms, lose money on machines that don't hit, to show your ID every time you go anywhere in the casino, even if just between levels, and to experience poor customer service if you stay here. Also, I'm 26, I do not look particularly young, so I do not see why my ID needs to be shown more than once at the entrance of the casino. This place is unashamedly terrible. Do not stay there! The hard rock is much better.

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed there last weekend thinking it would be so much nicer than a Mariott courtyard or Hyatt Place hotel. I was wrong on every level and ended up paying double what I would have paid elsewhere. The layout is horrible, the service sucked & the view of the Gulf is obstructed with their concrete structure that I can only assume was to be built on for their second phase but they must have run out of money. I can honestly say, by running the place like it is run, they will never make the money to expand. Even the bathroom was dirty and there was mold on the shower curtain. Spend your money at another hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Walls
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

There was an odor in the room. The bed mattress was lumpy.The room view was terrible. The carpet in hallways was stained. Access from the garage to the hotel was dimly lit. It just didn't meet our expectations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Columbus, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We always stay at beau rivage We paid over $200/night to stay at this dumpy place because we did not have a choice. Where do I start! I have severe asthma and I wanted a smoke free room and a water view. I called way in advance to request this and was told there would be no problem. I did not get either! We were not there for the casino therefore I do not know what that looks like but I can only imagine. The pool looked fine but the floor is bumby and cushiony (gross). It felt terrible to stand on. You can tell that you are standing on something fake like fake grass. I accidentally left my key in the room and they would not allow me to go in. My husband had the other key but he was in a meeting several miles away and could not be reached. The front desk person basically told me that is there policy and she can not allow me to go back to the room to get my I.D. My kids and I stood there for 15mintues dripping wet and I demanded for her to get me a manager or security and she obliged. The security person was nice and once he saw my I.D. he apologized for any inconvenience. We did not sleep for 2 nights since it was so loud next door. First night I immediately started looking for another hotel but could not find anything within 50mile radius. If you want nice, clean, beautiful, great swimming pool, great food, great customer service and safety go the Beu rivage. You will not find anything like this at this dump!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Miami, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was our first trip to Biloxi and we thought that the Grand Biloxi Hotel being a Harrah's hotel would be a good choice. We were a little disappointed. The rooms were very average. Beds and pillows were not very comfortable. The casino was nothing compared to the Beau Rivage. I guess I was spoiled with the idea of the Caesars Casinos of Vegas that this casino would be somewhat similar. The payout and self is so much superior at Beau Rivage than the Grand Biloxi. We ate in the Grand Buffet here but nothing like the one at Beau Rivage. My recommendation is if you have a choice go to the Beau Rivage Parking is free in all the hotels.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator.