“Nice weekend get away!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brewton, Alabama, United States
“Nice weekend get away!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Made the three hour drive to Biloxi for a two night weekend stay at the Grand Biloxi. I would definitely valet park as this was much easier than self park. Staff was courteous and efficient as we arrived and checked in. We booked a room with a king bed and were very happy with it. The bed was comfortable, the room had ample space and was clean. One big drawback for me was the $12.00 charge for wireless Internet access. I declined and used my cell phone for necessary tasks instead of my tablet. Pool was great, but for a weekend getaway was very family oriented. Meaning lots of exuberant children! However, the last two hours of the pool's hours were set aside for adults only, which led to a more relaxing and quiet time. The casino was a bit crowded and confining, and I honestly feel the smoke issue needs to be addressed a bit better. Other than that, we enjoyed our few minutes of gambling. The buffet was good quality, not the best, but when we signed up for the casino's reward program (free) we were comped two free meals. It happened to be their seafood night and was over a $50.00 value!! Overall, we were very satisfied with our experience. Employees and staff made the experience even better than expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, as this is also facing the water.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Gulf Shores, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I checked-in as a first time guest on Friday. I have never endured such personalized hospitality and I don't even gamble! I simply booked a room expecting a night in Biloxi. I must give kudos to Patty, a Front Desk team member who covers the overnight shift. She is an abundance of information and warmth. The bar area, directly across from the Front Desk, serves great food both at the bar and in the cafe at all hours...(great for that "fourth meal"). The bartenders/wait staff are so fun and friendly. Keep in mind, I was simply there for fun. I didn't drink very much or gamble, but I had a blast playing $5 blackjack with a fun and exciting pit! The pool staff, especially Carrie, rocks the house! You must visit the pool section...it's comfortable and fun...great music! Tony assisted us at check-out and did a superb job. You must experience the Grand for GRAND customer service when visiting Biloxi. As expected, the property is clean, feels secure, and features lots of information so getting around isn't too difficult!

Room Tip: Enjoyed the higher floor, did not have a gulf view, but slept like a baby.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tangerine, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The parking garage for the Grand Biloxi is very difficult to maneuver so I suggest valet parking. It is worth a buck or two in tips.

This is a smoking property and the smoke was quite heavy everywhere. (The Palace Casino in Biloxi is the only non-smoking property in Biloxi). In the Grand hotel, they have two floors of smoking rooms and nine floors of non-smoking rooms. Pepsi products are served in the lobby's small deli/bakery/snack bar.

We needed to eat lunch b/c we had just come from the Grand's spa ( VERY NICE! Ask for Jules!) and it was Father's Day. There was a sign by the buffet that stated Dads ate free for "Fathers Day Brunch." The sign showed the prices for the buffet as $13.99 a person so I was surprised when our bill, even with one free meal (they gave the free Dad meal to any man) was over $23.00. When I asked, they said that the "Fathers Day Brunch" was that much per person. So, they raised the price by ten dollars but gave us one free........still not a good value but I was hoping for a nice Brunch. Well, there were NO Brunch items. I was expecting some omelets or specialty items that crossed over Breakfast into Lunch but it was just their regular lunch buffet. Not special at all. Not worth having paid so much for it!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor to keep you away from the noise of road traffic and the pool music. T...
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was surprised by how much I liked the Grand Bioxi. My friend and I were doing a tour of the South and this was one of our last stops on the way back to New Orleans. Check in was great, and I thought the room was excellent. Safe in room, all the things you want in a room. Great view. Admittedly, the unbuilt shell of a building/parking garage out the side of the window is not great, but that is what it is. After driving through the beautiful town of Biloxi, you can see they took a major hit from Hurrican Katrina. The staff at Grand Biloxi was great, and really enjoyed the patrons as well. Great overall experience, I would highly recommend. Admirable and very beautiful city and likewise with the hotel experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the Gulf, it's really beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Clintwood, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I just returned from a three night,four day gambling junket to the Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel.We arrived early from our charter flight and our rooms were ready and available for check-in.I had a room on the 12th floor with a gorgous view of the water and surrounding properties.The room was huge,very clean,and extremely impressive for a Harrahs property.The staff particulary the slot hostess,the housekeeping, the front desk personel were awesome,providing direction,friendly dialogue and ample comps for all of your meals.I visited the pool,which was absolutely gorgeous,well-maintained and active.I am looking forward to a return trip to this Hotel as soon as possible.Hats off to the Grand Biloxi Management and Employees.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed the weekend 6/7-9/13. Beds were comfortable, room was clean. Pool was nice!
The only drawback I would say is I left my favorite pillow - when I called about it, nobody seemed to have a clue where it went. Security said must have gotten wrapped up with the laundry - but the laundry service never responded to him, and they throw away pillows. The head housekeeper wasn't very nice - she actually said "as a matter of fact, one of our pillows was missing from that room and we had to replace it" - seemed to me like she was trying to say I took it...do I didn't appreciate that. The head security guy went above and beyond the call of duty to see if he could figure out what happened - i was amazed when he said he even went back and viewed surveillance tapes (for a pillow - wow!). Props to security - he was awesome!

The casino is quite small - if you're looking for the younger crowd, this is definitely not the place. Not a lot of excitement at this one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Schriever, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have always stayed at beau rivage some was scared about staying at the grand for a night . The prices are great and rooms are just as nice as the beau. I was somehow bumped up to a beautiful suite with gulf and pool view. Check in was very quick , about 30 secs and staff was very friendly. I will be back at the grand!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!