“It ain't vegas” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
port st lucie florida
“It ain't vegas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The pool is right outside the small lobby. That means all the kids come running in and the floor was soaked. A lawsuit waiting to happen. Check in was just Ok. I am a Rewards card member so expected maybe something a little nicer. Room was on the 9th floor and faced the rear parking lot. Since we checked in on a Sunday there wre plenty of water view rooms available. Didn't feel I had to request one. The room was the smallest room with king bed I have ever slept in. Throw in a large dresser,2 large end tables and 2 chairs and a table and you could barely turn around. The TV volume when you turn on the TV is at max volume. I know others have complained about this on the site FIX IT.

Room Tip: Ask for water view

665 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Freeport, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The rates were very reasonable for "off days", which is why we selected the Grand. No fridge or mini bar in the rooms. The TV was uncooperative. Rooms were OK--you get what you pay for in this case. You get nice discounts on food/shopping when you show your rewards card. The lobby is a bit crowded with people sitting around, checking in, going here and there. The casino is pretty small and terribly full of smoke, especially in the evenings.

Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Nice trip to the Grand. Nice room and service. I was bumped to a suite without asking which was great. The Suite was fabulous. I'm not sure how they decide who gets bumped up, other than that I was very polite at checkin and it was a Monday which might have been a slow day. I have stayed at all five casinos in this part of Biloxi (Grand, Isle Casino, hard Rock, Beau Riveage, imperial palace). The rooms at the Grand are as nice as Beau Riveage and Hard Rock, however, I would rank the gaming experience much better at the Beau and Hard Rock (Hard Rock my favorite). The casino area at the Grand is much smaller than the others. The Isle and Imperial Palace would come in a distance 4th and 5th in my ranking. The other advantage of the Beau and Hard Rock are that they are next to each other which makes walking from one to the other easy. You can walk to neighborhood restaurants from Beau and Hard Rock area as well. Another option I like to use is to stay at the Best Western Oak Manor which is across the street from the Beau. Not as nice as casino hotels, but generally is kept clean, has free continental breakfast, shorter walk from car to room, etc.

Other nice feature of Grand is that it has a very nice pool. Also, bring running shoes since Hwy 90 has a nice sidewalk for running/walking. Pretty views while running over Biloxi Bay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for two nights in June, and the room was very clean. The beds were comfortable and the room was very roomy. The hotel is convenient to other areas in Biloxi and the casinos. It is a very busy hotel.. Our room was quiet.. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Great place, excellent staff! Was just passing through town and ended up staying a week! Great pool, rooms, and food. Buffet is delicious, especially on seafood night. Service is unparalleled. They rent fridges for a small fee and they will let you upgrade for a small fee if there are any suite cancellations.

• Stayed May 2013
ft lauderdale fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

After staying at the Grand Biloxi in January and having a great experience there I decided to book the hotel again. Upon arrival I asked about a suite as it was my boyfriend's birthday. I was told I could get one for a charge I decided to go ahead and surprise him. At first glance we were both pleased however, the jacuzzi tub did not work and the shower had very weak water pressure. The first day we went out all day gambling to return about 4:00 pm to find the room had not been cleaned at all. We just asked for towels and forgot about it. The next morning I called to specifically ask for the room to be cleaned as early as possible. We arrived back at 3:30 pm and were shocked! The garbage had been emptied and new towels were in the room. However, it had not been cleaned in any other way and there was no toilet paper at all. I know that sometimes the hotel could be very busy and many rooms need to be cleaned but this is really unacceptable. I feel very apprehensive about staying there again with my family in the next few months. I was charged an additional fee for this so called "luxury" suite which has now cost me $300.00 per night. I don't think I will choose this hotel again when I could have stayed somewhere else for 900.00 for three nights. We travel quite often and don't mind paying for a great room and good service but this was a total "rip off".

Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was comped a suite - I had asked my casino host if I could get an upgrade. OMG! We had this room that was the size of a mini house. My friend even commented that it was the size of hers and her husband's lake cottage! It was clean, the beds veryyyyy comfortable, they had the same pillows I bought last year for mine & my husbands bedroom! I was a little nervous reading some of the other reviews. The pool is very nice, beautiful! We had the buffet two times, on Friday, they had the seafood buffet - great crab legs! Our casino host came out on Friday and met me & my friend. I would go back here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!