“LB steakhouse you must eat in or they charge you like room service even fir a piece of cake.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The people are great and the food is great but you can't just go to the Steakhouse and order anything to bring to your room and eat without being stuck with 18% gratuity like it was room service.the hotel personnel are quick to get you checked in and out! Rooms are always clean and atmosphere is great!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Manassas, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was my first stay at the Grand Biloxi. I paid a reduced rate for 2 nights and had 2 nights comp'd. The staff was very friendly in the hotel, dining areas, and casino. The place has a local feel, but you can tell it was once something different. Buffet was top notch for the price, I only ate there during lunch. The one evening I was in the casino was lively with a good band and the crowd was sociable. The rooms were average for a casino. The down side for me was the lack of a poker room. There were no real negatives so with the right discount I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed a night here to get out of town and use the spa services. We were disappointed because the reason we chose this hotel was for the hot tub and heated pool. (my boyfriend has a bad back and he finds that therapeutic. When we got there the hot tub was drained and the heated pool was way too cold for our tastes. I wish they had noted that on their website, the other hotels we looked at and decided on the Grand were great in the specifics surrounding their pools (one was closed for winter for another few weeks, one had early hours (til 6pm). We could have gone to the hotel that had a huge tub in the room. The tub in our room was maybe even smaller than the small tub we have in our small apartment.
The other reason we opted for this hotel was to get massages. We called that morning and were able to get 2 same time appointments at 6pm that evening. Looking at the website the hours of the spa were listed as closing at 6pm, so I knew we were the last appointments of the day. We arrived promptly at 6 so we weren't able to take advantage of any of the whirling pool or sauna stuff, which was fine with me because most of it is separated by gender, so my boyfriend and I would be separated. I was also disappointed because I thought we would be in the same room for our massage but we weren't. My massage therapist was named Jules and he was truly amazing. I felt so thoroughly relaxed and he got most of the knots out of my neck and shoulders, it was probably one of the best professional massages I've ever gotten. After the massage the manager I'm guessing was one of the few staff members left? Instead of rushing me out she was so hospitable. She offered for me to take a hot shower. I declined, knowing I was probably the only one left holding them up at work and I let her know I was staying at the hotel I could easily just go up to the room and shower. She again offered, with a raw sugar scrub and there was this nice vanity area with a comfy looking arm chair and hair dryer so you wouldn't have to leave with a wet head, so I accepted, enjoyed my shower, she came back made me some hot tea, made me feel so pampered and welcome, I had such a great experience. Unfortunately, when my boyfriend and I were reunited he did not have the same great experience I did. He said his guy was walking around the room half the time, talking about all of the treatments and massages he had done already that day, yawning loudly and quit at 6:36, on the 50 minute, $110 massage. And when he was "working" on him he pretty much just kept leaning on him. While Jules massaged my whole body, used heat wraps on my back, eyes, and feet, my boyfriends bed not only didn't vibrate but was never even turned on to heat. He said the guy hardly used any oils or lotions, and didn't even but the pillow under his ankles. He wasn't even turned over. That really put a sour taste in my mouth, it made me feel guilty for having a great massage when his was terrible, especially when he needs the massage more than I do.
The treatment I got, I was contemplating bringing my mother and sister for a spa retreat weekend. My boyfriends experience worries me because it really is so dependent on who you get. There is only one Jules. My boyfriend definitely got screwed, with no happy ending.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Need to be in New Orleans for some meeting but there were no decent hotels available due to a major convention so my partner and I decided to head out to Biloxi to the casinos for the night, Was able to get good rate with membership in rewards program but friend was not able to get the same rate. When we got there check in and he was not able to get the good discount rate. Arrive late so the only food available was the lobby bar/restaurant, which wasn't bad but not really what we wanted and didn't want to drive around town looking for a place. Casino was small and quiet on a weekday night, played and it was fun. Room was not as requested, was two bed not king. When got into bed, sheets were torn, next morning in shower, towels were rough and not very absorbent. Overall adequate but not very luxurious compared to other resorts of the same group.

Room Tip: Try to get waterfront view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Crystal Springs, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Grand Biloxi has never recovered from Hurricane Katrina. And now Hurricane Isaac has done even more damage. The front desk does have a notice posted as to the current conditions of the facility. I stayed here previously before Katrina and thoroughly enjoyed myself. This trip down was bad. There is still a huge infrastructure of steel and concrete as part of the facility. It is a terrible eyesore. Hurricane Isaac did a bunch of water damage. You can smell mildew everywhere. The windows are leaking. The carpets in the halls need to be removed. There are crews hanging from the side of the building trying to stop leaks. Front desk advises you to keep curtains closed for privacy. The casino is small and has zero flare. The buffet which ranges from $15 to $25 provides meals primarily for contractors and employees. The lobby bar and restaurant closes on mornings every weekend. The lobby cafe which serves snacks and pizza 24 hours a day simply does not happen........but you can get a $3 cup of regular coffee. Beers are $4 everywhere........it doesn't matter how much you spend in the casino.....you will not get a free beer. They have installed anti scald devices in the showers with a limit switch. The sink will have scalding hot water and the shower will never get over warm......it's a cost saving measure. The staff a genuinely friendly.......they try to help but there is only so much they can accomplish. It really is sad because at one time this was a great resort. We were down on a "foodie critique" with a group of associates. We had intended to spend a 3 day weekend and departed the first morning.

Room Tip: There aren't any good rooms right now.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Morgan City, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I chose this casino/hotel for our honeymoon. We were exceptionally happy with the customer service. The person we made reservations from sent us champagne and strawberries to our room, and made sure everything we needed was taken care of. The hotel is very clean, and always smells fresh. Our main complaint was the pool. The reason we chose this hotel was because the website says the pool is heated. It was far from it... We couldn't even get in it, because the water was so cold. Another complaint was there not being a microwave or fridge in our room. We were able to rent a fridge for $10 a day, but we still felt this was something we should have already had supplied to our room. The last complaint, was that the room never seemed cold enough. Each room has central a/c, but we had it on 65 the entire time and the room stayed warm. Finally, we did great in the casino. It was our first time gambling for both of us, and we left up $300. Overall, we were satisfied, but not wow'ed.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor, and heard no noise from other rooms.
Auburn, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I read other reviews and thought i maybe it was someone who had a bad experience but when they said the grand isnt all that grand it rue. when making my reservation i said i didnt mind if the room was smoking or not but wanted a decent view. Well i got the view of a liquor store and construction site! The rooms were just ok. we probably wont stay here again unless its comped. thank goodness we got a decent rate! edgewater (where we have previously stayed) rocked compared to these rooms! on the positive side the staff is very friendly and they did promptly move us to a better view room!! the payout here also seemed better! if you are a big gambler you probably wont mind the room but im sure they have special rooms for the high rollers!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!