“Grand Biloxi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

Save Saved
You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Shalimar, Florida
“Grand Biloxi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Biloxi which was about a 3 hour drive for us. We have stayed here before, so we checked the rates here first. Surprised to get a $29 /night midweek offer, so we packed a change of clothes made the trip. Next surprise upon arrival was an upgrade to a suite. Have to say it was "5 star" all the way! There just are not many hotel suites nicer at any price. We came to gamble so did not spend that much time in the room. Casino was fun.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one week from a Monday-Friday and the customer service wasn't good. I booked a king bed room and one wasn't available and they gave me two queen.beds instead. The room wasn't clean and only had 1 chair in the room. I complained about my room not being clean the next day and the lady at front desk.said that she would call housekeeping and let them know. She also asked if I had a do not disturb sign on my door, which I thought was crazy since I'm asking someone to clean my room. Needless to say when I came back to my room it looked the same except my bed was made and I had clean towels. The dinner buffet was good on Monday night but they kept serving the same food for lunch and dinner the next day. We only ate there 2 days because it.was buy one get one free. When I checked out the front desk asked me about my stay and I told her the same thing about my room never being cleaned, she then asked about the door signs again I just left at that point. The rooms are basic hotel rooms. So if u wanna stay somewhere cheap then this is the place and eat everywhere.else.

• Stayed January 2013
Madison, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Like many reviewers I got a great deal online for a king room for two weekday nights. As requested, my room had a waterfront view, but even better it looked west with a view of the beach, the roof tops of the Ohr-O'Keefe Museum and, in the distance, the other casinos. The room itself, is spacious, clean, and came with the advertised 27" plasma TV with very channels (I guess they want you on the casino floor) There is a single cup coffee maker in the bathroom (hint: make half cup for decent cup of coffee and ask housekeeping for more packs). As noted by others Internet service is not free, but what they did not say was that you pay per DEVICE. That's right, $11.50 each for your laptop, your IPad or Kindle, and $11.50 for your IPhone. Not to mention, if you thought you signed up for room Internet service using the television remote, you were only signed up for the TV internet service, dummy (that's me). Front desk kindly removed that charge.

So, here's what you do, weather permitting, take your IPad, laptop, whatever needs WiFi, walk over the Ohr-O'Keefe Museum Cafe, WiFi is free. They are open 10-5, but the WIFI worked in the morning when they were closed and sitting on the patio among the oaks viewing the Gulf was wonderful.

In sum, stay at the Grand, the rooms are great, Front desk was friendly helpful, informed, housekeeping did a great job, and you cannot beat the location if you want to explore the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Room on 11th floor was spacious,clean and very comfortable. Staff was friendly.Great value for the price. If you take the city casino shuttle be patient because you might have a layover at the bus terminal.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Clinton, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Grand in Biloxi, MS. We had gotten an email for a special rate so we took advantage and met my brother and his wife. When we checked in and went to the room, we were very surprised when we walked into a full suite. The suite was large with sitting area, bedroom and hugh bath with jacuzzi tub overlooking a beautiful ocean view. There was also a 2 shower head shower and double vanity. The suite was very clean and inviting. Loved our stay.

Room Tip: The upper floors on the south side always have the better view, The corner rooms are huge and have 2...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

As long-haul truckers, my husband & I love it when we get a chance to pass through Biloxi. We have stayed at the Grand many times, and have had a great experience every single time. Our last visit was mid-December, 2012.

Our rooms are always comped, but for what we lose to get comped, it's well worth it. (We're pretty low-rollers.) The rooms have been consistently clean & comfy. My hubby likes the flat screen tv, and although there are only a few channels, ESPN is thankfully on the list. We like the spaciousness of the room.

Having to pay for internet isn't a big deal for me, I travel with my own. It's been my experience that most casino/hotels charge... come on, they want you losing money in the casino!

We find the food (esp the buffet) to be just average, and we don't usually leave with any winnings (although we feel we get good play for our money). That said, we find the customer service at the Grand to be on par with most CET properties, which is to say it's EXCELLENT! From the smiling front desk clerks, to the helpful Total Rewards desk, to the amazing cocktail servers, to the friendly security guards, and the hard-working housekeepers, every single person we come into contact with goes above and beyond to make our visits wonderful. The employees of CET are the #1 reason we feel so loyal to them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ft lauderdale fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The hotel is very nice and the rooms were clean. The maid service was incredible. Each day my room was really cleaned well. The transportation on the casino hopper was good too. The only complaint I have is there is not enough variety of places to eat. They are all not open during the week. The casino was fun and the free drinks were great! The waitress was really good also. This was my first trip to Biloxi as I usually go to Vegas. I would go back but probably on the weekend when there is more to do. During the week most places close at 9pm and the trolley stops at that time as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!