“Read the fine print. Bad check-in policy” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

Save Saved
You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #18 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Carterville, Illinois
“Read the fine print. Bad check-in policy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed at the Grand in late Nov. and although the room was nice enough the check-in was a nightmare. Made reservations on line a few days before arrival and failed to see a note somewhere about a $15.00 charge for early check-in. We packed our luggage to front desk from parking garage at about 2:15PM. Clerk began our paper work and told us of a $15.00 charge that would be added to our room charges as we were 45 min. too early. I explained I had not seen any mention of this charge. She assured me it was there somewhere on the web site. We packed our bags back to parking garage and proceeded to visit and gamble at other casinos until about 7pm. We never saw the inside of the casino in the three days and two nights we stayed. The $15.00 charge they wanted cost them hundreds in the long run! I feel better...lol

Room Tip: Ask for ocean side for good view.

729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

On our way to Biloxi i was looking up places to stay and found a great deal at The Grand Casino Biloxi. Although one review almost swayed us to another hotel we took a chance and booked! We were very pleased with everything... Room, service and buffet were excellent! We will be back :)

• Stayed December 2012
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Thanksgiving week and found the staff to be incredibly helpful. We asked for more towels and they arrived in 5 minutes. Valet was always quick (was very slow numerous times on our last stay several years ago), front desk responsive to every need, and room service very quick too.
Pool and whirlpool area very nice. They really know customer service!
The room we had was large and very nice. Clean and great view of the gulf of mexico.
The new coffee shop and 24 snack bar by the front desk was great to have and we used it constantly.

Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were disappointed with this hotel.rooms were very clean and service good but they were small with no mini refrigerator and the television had very few channels.the front desk called us down three times to give our charge card info.Finally the last time they apologized for their repeated requests for our info.all the staff were friendly ans helpful but we were just not impressed with this hotel.

Laredo, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I were driving back from Florida to Texas and got a great rate for the room so we decided to rest there.
The hotel wasn't bad at all! We were on a non-smoking floor so our room didn't smell.
We took a little trip to the casino, it's no Vegas casino but it was fine to have a little fun in. We were there on a Sunday so it was pretty quiet.
Checking in and out was easy and we used the valet, they were efficient and quick.
We had a sandwich and pizza from the little place downstairs by the front desk. The sandwich was really fresh tasting and the pizza wasn't bad either.

• Stayed November 2012
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The three of us (wife, daughter, and myself) stayed at the Grand Casino hotel property in Biloxi, MS on a short weekend break. We were very pleased with accommodations and staff. It seemed as if everyone went out of their way to make our stay just perfect. We really enjoyed the casino, the food, the room, the staff. A perfect visit at a very affordable rate.

Room Tip: We were in a double queen on a non-smoking floor. Fantastic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was a BIG fan of the original Biloxi Grand that existed before Katrina and remain disappointed that Caesar's Entertainment did not elect to rebuild. Instead, they took the companion hotel across the street and converted a part of it into a small casino. For me, the casino is too small, thus limiting the inventory and number of slots. However, I know others who like the fact that it's small. There is no denying that getting around the Grand property is much easier than in the larger hotels. Valet parking is incredibly close to the check-in desk. The self-parking deck is not overwhelmingly large and makes for an easy walk to the hotel lobby. The lobby is an easy walk to your room, and your room is an easy walk to the casino. For people with limited mobility, I imagine that's a huge plus. I recently stayed in the hotel for the first time in several years. The check in clerk was friendly and assigned me exactly the sort of room I wanted. I remembered the rooms as being very nicely appointed, looking a little luxurious even. My room this time was okay but didn't live up to my memory. The bathroom struck me as dark and lacked a makeup mirror. I also noted that the TV offers few channels, A notice in the room indicated they are in the process of renovating rooms, so perhaps when I go again the room will live up to the room in my memory. I did not eat in any of the food venues, but I did note that the lobby quick order food service offered a nice variety of sandwiches, salads, and desserts.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!