“Good over night stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Laredo, Texas, United States
“Good over night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I were driving back from Florida to Texas and got a great rate for the room so we decided to rest there.
The hotel wasn't bad at all! We were on a non-smoking floor so our room didn't smell.
We took a little trip to the casino, it's no Vegas casino but it was fine to have a little fun in. We were there on a Sunday so it was pretty quiet.
Checking in and out was easy and we used the valet, they were efficient and quick.
We had a sandwich and pizza from the little place downstairs by the front desk. The sandwich was really fresh tasting and the pizza wasn't bad either.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The three of us (wife, daughter, and myself) stayed at the Grand Casino hotel property in Biloxi, MS on a short weekend break. We were very pleased with accommodations and staff. It seemed as if everyone went out of their way to make our stay just perfect. We really enjoyed the casino, the food, the room, the staff. A perfect visit at a very affordable rate.

Room Tip: We were in a double queen on a non-smoking floor. Fantastic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was a BIG fan of the original Biloxi Grand that existed before Katrina and remain disappointed that Caesar's Entertainment did not elect to rebuild. Instead, they took the companion hotel across the street and converted a part of it into a small casino. For me, the casino is too small, thus limiting the inventory and number of slots. However, I know others who like the fact that it's small. There is no denying that getting around the Grand property is much easier than in the larger hotels. Valet parking is incredibly close to the check-in desk. The self-parking deck is not overwhelmingly large and makes for an easy walk to the hotel lobby. The lobby is an easy walk to your room, and your room is an easy walk to the casino. For people with limited mobility, I imagine that's a huge plus. I recently stayed in the hotel for the first time in several years. The check in clerk was friendly and assigned me exactly the sort of room I wanted. I remembered the rooms as being very nicely appointed, looking a little luxurious even. My room this time was okay but didn't live up to my memory. The bathroom struck me as dark and lacked a makeup mirror. I also noted that the TV offers few channels, A notice in the room indicated they are in the process of renovating rooms, so perhaps when I go again the room will live up to the room in my memory. I did not eat in any of the food venues, but I did note that the lobby quick order food service offered a nice variety of sandwiches, salads, and desserts.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Deland,Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Zen like room to relax. Very clean and quiet room. Lights in the hallway need to be fixed since they blink day and night. Limited cable channels are available but I didn't come here to watch TV. Too bad there was no breakfast buffet which we liked in the past.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Donaldsonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We are currently staying here at the grand, even though we got a decent last min price, you have to still purchase things individually. Wifi was about $15 to purchase for 24 hours, no mini frigs, 5 channels the rest where news and hotel info, i paid almost $20 for 5 sodas, lobby front desk service sucked at check in, they kept putting me last in line because I wasnt a "diamond" member. Rooms are ok clean however I found a used razor under the towels. Im traveling for thanksgiving with kids and this is the FIRST AND LAST time I will ever stay at the grand in biloxi or affliated hotels.

• Stayed November 2012
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our recent trip at the Grand was grand. I twisted my ankle while packing up the car to leave for Biloxi. By the time we arrived I was unable to walk. Everyone at the Grand was so helpful... from providing a wheelchair to offering medical assistance. Luckily, I was up and about within a few days and truly enjoyed their gaming and restaurants, What impressed us the most was how employees greeted you whether at the front desk, entering the casino or just walking by. Definitely a place we will visit again.

Room Tip: If possible try to get a view of the Gulf... beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was our first time in Biloxi and we really enjoyed ourselves. We had a king room that was clean,comfortable, and nicely appointed. All the staff was great, housekeeping gave us everything we needed, room service was fast and excellent food. The only down side was that the treadmills in the fitness center were out of order. Didn't win much until the last night. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The top floor was really quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!