“Grand Hotel & Casino, Biloxi, MS” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Covington, GA
“Grand Hotel & Casino, Biloxi, MS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We're in our 60's, have visited "the Grand" multiple times over last 2 years. NEVER a bad moment. Every staff member pleasant, efficient, going the extra mile for our comfort and convenience. Love the suites, also, but the regular rooms are more than satisfactory.

Room Tip: higher floor rooms have fabulous views of the beach and waterfront
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

On April 9th, 2012 my husband and I called on route to make reservations..we were never told there would be a $5.80 charge just to make a reservation..when I made the reservation I told the lady we wanted smoking room with king bed..She said no problem..My husband and I check in I made sure I asked the young lady at the desk is it a smoking room with king bed..She assured me it was.. They send us to the 5th floor to our room and I notice sprinkler systems.. I called down stairs they claim the 5th floor is not a smoking floor so we dragged all of our luggage back to lobby.. Not once did any of the clerks apoligize.. They just checked us on to 12th floor. They also charge $12.30 a day for Internet connection. No one cared at all about our inconvience. Just very dissapointed.. Will never stay there again plus I posted this on Facebook...Hopefully the word will get out there..

• Stayed April 2012
Eldorado, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

The grand was ok for the money but nothing extrordinary.I have stayed at other Harrahs properties and they were much nicer. Their buffet was pitiful compared to others I have been to.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

The one bedroom suite at Harrah's Grand Biloxi is very nice! We stayed April 11, 2012. Suite has 2 rooms plus bathroom with a huge jacuzzi tub, shower for 2, double sinks. Living room had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. There are 2 large flat screen TVs with limited TV stations. The accomodations seemed very new. We had great views facing the pool and gulf. My husband heard some road noise (motorcycles) at night but it never bothered me. Wished we could've stayed longer.

Not much luck on tables or really bad slots in the small casino.
Steak house had mediocre food. The food wasn't bad, just not what you'd expect from a steakhouse.

Room Tip: I stayed several years ago in the standard room which (years ago) was nothing special. I recommend...
Fla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We're always here on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so I can't say what it's like when its crowded. We've never had a problem with our reservations, our room is always as we request. The bed and pillows are confortable. I do wish we had a fridge, marybe they are available by request, I don't know. The food has been the same at the buffet for the last 2 years that we've been coming here. Maybe it's different on the weekends but I'm getting sick of the same old things. The dinner and breakfast buffets are o.k. we eat them because they're free. Nothing special about them. We've also eaten in the Asian restaurant. It's pretty much just a counter serving rice and noodle dishes. The hotel and casino are not up to par compared to Vegas, like the other reviewer mentioned but then again, the original casino was destroyed by Katrina and this area has made a remarkable recovery.

Loganville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband & myself took off for a 1 night getaway & stayed here (for a great price $30) SO for that reason alone, I can't complain! The hotel really is kept up nicely, rooms clean & oversized! However, we did not enjoy the Casino AT ALL! We hopped casinos through out the day & ours was our least favorite. By night, we dreaded coming back to ours! When we stayed, numerous machines were out of order, MAYBE 1/2 the dealer tables were open, I believe I saw 2 bartenders walking & they were NOT friendly, 1 guy behind bar that was having issues making drinks correctly (maybe because of so much pressure to be the only one?) Very bright lighting (compared to what were are used to) Hard Rock was our favorite for casino!

Room Tip: Just the 2 of us, we had oversized room with King bed. Suited us perfectly & plently of breathi...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. I would agree that it would be 4 star-luxury. It was very very clean, room looked very sharp, bathroom was very clean. The bed was super comfortable, a/c worked good, and the complementary soaps felt like washing hands with silk soap. The buffet at the hotel was very good as well, and the hotel had a very good casino as well. Also, parking was free.

The hotel was very good, but cannot rate excellent due to this one reason: the hotel charges for internet! In today's age charging for internet and for the price of this hotel seems a tad silly, and we did not use the internet at all.

If you want internet, stay somewhere else, otherwise, this is a good hotel

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!