“Really special” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

Save Saved
You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Largo
“Really special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

On a road trip from Illinois to Florida I always try and visit the casino's in Biloxi. This time it was the Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel and If you have a players card and stop at the Welcome Center they will usually call and get you a good price.
This year it was $69, but last year it was comp'd. This is a beautiful hotel/casino right on the
Gulf of Mexico. Try and get a Gulf view. No breakfast but we went to the casino and had the breakfast buffet for $8 so good. This is a really upscale hotel

Room Tip: Stop at the welcome center at the state line, to see if they can help you get the best deal
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Marco Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I was only here for the casino for a couple of hours, but it was a lot of fun. They actually have one line quarter slots. That is missing in all casinos in FL. My mom and I stopped on our way back from New Orleans to Naples, FL. I have no idea what the hotel is like, but the casino was clean, the patrons were not low class and the staff was attentive.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

The room had been saturated in some sort of deodorant. We could not stay in the too due to smell. We were allowed to change rooms but no one apologized or offered to help
With the bags. Poor service upon check in. House keeping staff was exceptionally friendly whenever I saw them. This is clearly just a casino for gamers.

• Stayed January 2012
LAKEWOOD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed for 5 nights at Christmas. Our first day there, housekeeping never came to our room. If they had, they would have received the lovely Christmas tip we left. Instead, we had to call for service when we arrived back at our room in the evening. After that, every day, something was missing from housekeeping service...one day they took the bathtub mat (way to encourage a slip and fall claim), most days towels were not restocked, other times coffee not restocked. Also, the rooms have no refrigerators (unless you want to rent one for $12 per day) which I have never seen at a Harrah's property. Bathroom had the shortest toilet and tub I've ever seen. TV worked fine once we messed with the cables (before that it was all snowy). Beds were very firm, not the comfy pillow tops I'm used to with Harrahs. Also, I was shocked to see the elevators did not require a key card activation. Anyone can go to the hotel room floors, so make sure to watch your back. And the self parking also felt quite unsafe (although I also saw a valet parked car with a broken window, so I guess the valet parking is no better). Even though we get great rates from Harrahs (3 of our 5 nights were free) we will not be staying at the Grand again if we visit Biloxi again. Also, the casino was extremely tight. And buffet was very mediocre (although better than some Harrah's buffets I've had).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Chico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We stayed at the Grand Biloxi twice while traveling for Christmas. Upon pulling up to the building, we discovered the valet parking was free.
The front desk help were courteous and efficient. Our rooms were clean, large, comfortable and had a great view. The bed and pillows were exceptionally comfortable. The hotel was quiet. We had a very nice size TV. We had a lovely view of the water.
The breakfast buffet on certain days allows seniors to buy one get one free. It had made to order omelets, but it was just very ordinary other than that.
The Casino was comfortable and not overly smoky.
This was very convenient to the beach and the airport. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Visited back in early November with my brother and son (guys trip). The hotel and casino are small, but the service is very good and the employees very nice. This is the second time I have stayed here and have enjoyed it both times. This is where I go if I can’t make a trip to Las Vegas. I live within a two hour drive of others casinos, but I will drive the six hours it takes me to get to the Grand Biloxi because of the good service and fun they always provide.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
decatur ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

i have stayed here several times at very low rates on their website or thru
hotels.com. rooms and bedding are very comfortable and the rooms
are always spotless.the only downside is they only have basic cable,
i guess they want you gambling.the bathrooms are rather dark and
could use extra lighting. the lady who checked me in on 12/23 in
the morning was very nice with a great smile. the blond young lady in the lobby bar
was very sweet and the food and drinks here are less expensive
than at the other casinos. the hotel is very nice, but not ultra plush
but you can catch the casino hopper for a buck if you want more glitz at the beau.
the only problem is i ordered the internet over the television and
could not get it to work. called for help and the operator either
hung up or disconnected me several times and was not at all pleasant.
the gentleman in the morning happily removed the charge, but the
operator needs to improve her customer service skills. overall a
great place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!