“$12 for WiFi - REALLY??!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“$12 for WiFi - REALLY??!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Every part of my stay stunk.
The reservation got messed up, had to call 3 times to get it correct.
The room was humid and musty the whole time.
No free WiFi? Even McDonalds has free WiFi - had to pay for that.
No continental breakfast - just the $15 buffet.
Noisy next door occupants.
Hated it. I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Caunes-Minervois, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stopped in Biloxi overnight on our way to NOLA. Rooms was clean, spacious ( cold !! - super efficient A/C )
We gambled a little, didn't really like the casino, even though I won a little lol.
Nice restaurant and decent wine list. For a one nighter en route it was fine.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We took this weekend trip to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday. I booked online because I am a Total Reward member and thought that it would help with the overall price. It didn't. We stayed friday and saturday nights and at 189.00 per night, I expected so . much more. The room with 2 queen beds was so small you almost had to turn sideways to walk between the foot of the bed and the dresser where the TV was located. There was no microwave and no refridgerator. You had to pay almost 12.00 a day for internet service which disappointed my daughter since she brought her computer with her. The light in the entryway was out and although there were 2 tissue holders in the bathroom, there was less than a quarter of a roll on each holder. (which was not refilled on the second day...I had to ask for a new roll) But... that's not all of it, the beds were lumpy and the only way I was able to sleep through the night was by taking a Tylenol. I was so disappointed. We ate at the Grand Buffet and overall the food there was good. But the other places to eat were overpriced. My daughter received some spa treatments and the attendant there was very nice. The pool area looked nice although we did not get a chance to use it during our stay. Our overall experience was not good. I feel the Grand caters more to the people who like to gamble rather than to families.

Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

From check in to check out the service far exceeded my expectations. We were greeted immediately upon arrival and check in was quick and courteous. Our room was comfortable and clean. Every employee we came in contact with greeted us and was always williing to help if needed. Restaurants were very good! Pool area was great. Overall great stay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for free at the Grand- we had a great time and actually won a little money
We have stayed here before and before Katrina- the pre-Katrina Grand was the best in Biloxi to us!
Anyway, this Grand is nice and the beds are super comfy! Great service and check in staff are wonderful. Food is great at the bar/cafe area right near check in- buffet was ordinary and if you don't like seafood it is overpriced. The pre- Katrina Grand had the best buffet ever- I don't know why that changed- we ate at the Hard Rock buffet too because it was my husbands b'day and free- it was much better and less money for me over there. I like the Grands casino but it does not have quarter wheel of fortune- my personal fave- but they have newer games and some old stand bys- plus they had the new Dirty Dancing slots and The Hangover slots I did not see elsewhere- lots of fun. They also had lots of $5 blackjack during the week. We usually stay at the Grand when we go to Biloxi- I always recommend them- I have never had a problem here.

• Stayed August 2011
West Columbia, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Maintenance needs to check all hinges. The door to the vending room squeeked all night. If you want to avoid noise, ask if your room is away from one of the public areas that is in constant use. Food is available for purchase at lobby venues and at the buffet. Indoor parking is a little confusing so pay attention to which floor you leave your vehicle. When you drive-in to check-in, you will need to exit the area and circle the building again to enter the parking garage.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

Stayed one night passing through Biloxi and were lucky to find great reviews on this hotel and stayed with good results

Parking is a bit confusing. There are two parking garages and both say hotel but only one says casino. Choose the one that does not say casino for easy access to the hotel

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!