“Average - Needs updating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Raleigh
“Average - Needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed in this hotel 7/14 to 7/18. Hotel and casino are small compared to others in the area. The rooms were basic, not anything impressive. Room had a flat screen tv, a coffee maker and very comfortable beds. The bathroom is small. It is a basic hotel/motel bathroom with one room holding tub/shower, sink and toilet. Pool area was OK, not too large. Ate one morning at the buffet. YUCK! Never will do that again. I did not try any other restaurants in the hotel. We did find a wonderful bakery two blocks behind the hotel (Le Bakery) that had wonderful croissants and fresh baked breads. The front desk, the casino workers and the maids were very friendly. Used the spa at the hotel for a massage. Nicest area of the hotel. However, I would have stayed elsewhere if I had not been comped rooms in this hotel,

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011 via mobile

Well the first night we get there it is 8:06pm so me and my 17 year old and 11 year old going to go for a swim, we go outside one of the workers say Uhhh u have to be 21 after 8p. So I went to the front desk and the Manager Rebecca says rudely, we accompdate families we don't cater to families.next night July 16 2011 we go to the buffet to eat snow crabs and shrimp, they run out of plates and by the time you got a plate u had to wait for the crabs, very ridiculous I DO NOT recommend this stay for families. To many other casinos on beach road!oh

• Stayed July 2011
LaPlace, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We booked a pet room and it was not ready upon check in. The room smelled . There was a 50.00 a night (hidden) charge on the bill (150.00). After checking in and seeing the room and waiting for the sevices there were never delivered we cancled and will not we back .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Very clean hotel. The beds were to the most comfortable I've ever slept on. The casino was also good. They have this cool game called "Flip it" or "Flippa" or something like that. It was fun, I guess its just a local game because I've never seen it before.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Berlin, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We had a great time at the Grand. The staff was very friendly and were right there if we had any concerns or questions. We never made it to the buffet, but the food in the Lobby Bar, Cafe and Steakhouse was very good. The room was large and well appointed and we had a wonderful view of the gulf. We would definitly return!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Abita Springs, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

A few days before my arrival, on two occasions, I attempted to contact the hotels concierge service for assistance and guidance on the Biloxi area (restaurants, things to do, etc.) On both occasion the person I talked to (when asking for the concierge), was the front desk clerk. Both times he/she was talking to me while asking a guest checking in for I.Ds etc. Personally I thought this was rude not only to me but to the guest checking in, so I hung up. So the hotel/casino does not have a concierge service.

I arrived to the Hotel around 6pm on my check in day, hoping to avoid the 4pm check-in rush. I stood in line for almost 30 minutes waiting to check in. The line was long and the hotel only had two employees checking guest in. After the check in process, I proceeded to my room. The room was nice and spacious. With a great view, overlooking the pool and the beach could be seen across the street. However, the walk to my room from the elevator was a hike (not a problem for me, but just be aware of this and ask to be close to the elevator if you need).

The hotel area of the casino is very modern, clean and spacious. They offer a variety of dining options within the casino, which is convenient. Parking at the Hotel is free as well as convenient. They do offer Valet parking. The check out process was a breeze.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

We are normally not ones who go to casinos simply because we are non-smokers and the smoke in the casinos bothers us. But we were passing through and decided to stop at this hotel/casino. We were pleasantly surprised that the casino did not have that much cigarette smoke. The buffet was not what we are used to (kind of bland) and did not offer an eclectic menu. But our room was spacious and the staff was very courteous.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Harrah's Gulf Coast

Address: 280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)
Location: United States > Mississippi > Biloxi
Bar / Lounge Beach Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Green Hotel in Biloxi
#4 Spa Hotel in Biloxi
#7 Casino Hotel in Biloxi
#10 On the Beach Hotel in Biloxi
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Harrah's Gulf Coast 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Harrah's Gulf Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel And Spa
Grand Biloxi Hotel Biloxi
Grand Casino Biloxi Mississippi
Grand Casino Biloxi Ms
Grand Casino Hotel Biloxi
Grand Casino In Biloxi

If you own or manage Harrah's Gulf Coast, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.