“Enjoyed myself here...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Enjoyed myself here...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Very clean hotel. The beds were to the most comfortable I've ever slept on. The casino was also good. They have this cool game called "Flip it" or "Flippa" or something like that. It was fun, I guess its just a local game because I've never seen it before.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Berlin, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We had a great time at the Grand. The staff was very friendly and were right there if we had any concerns or questions. We never made it to the buffet, but the food in the Lobby Bar, Cafe and Steakhouse was very good. The room was large and well appointed and we had a wonderful view of the gulf. We would definitly return!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Abita Springs, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

A few days before my arrival, on two occasions, I attempted to contact the hotels concierge service for assistance and guidance on the Biloxi area (restaurants, things to do, etc.) On both occasion the person I talked to (when asking for the concierge), was the front desk clerk. Both times he/she was talking to me while asking a guest checking in for I.Ds etc. Personally I thought this was rude not only to me but to the guest checking in, so I hung up. So the hotel/casino does not have a concierge service.

I arrived to the Hotel around 6pm on my check in day, hoping to avoid the 4pm check-in rush. I stood in line for almost 30 minutes waiting to check in. The line was long and the hotel only had two employees checking guest in. After the check in process, I proceeded to my room. The room was nice and spacious. With a great view, overlooking the pool and the beach could be seen across the street. However, the walk to my room from the elevator was a hike (not a problem for me, but just be aware of this and ask to be close to the elevator if you need).

The hotel area of the casino is very modern, clean and spacious. They offer a variety of dining options within the casino, which is convenient. Parking at the Hotel is free as well as convenient. They do offer Valet parking. The check out process was a breeze.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

We are normally not ones who go to casinos simply because we are non-smokers and the smoke in the casinos bothers us. But we were passing through and decided to stop at this hotel/casino. We were pleasantly surprised that the casino did not have that much cigarette smoke. The buffet was not what we are used to (kind of bland) and did not offer an eclectic menu. But our room was spacious and the staff was very courteous.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Batesville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

The Grand Biloxi actually turned out to be pretty nice. The price was well within budget of us four guys heading down to the coast for a little bit of bachelor party-ing. Room was clean. My only issue was being stuck next to a room with a non-stop barking dog during the day, thankfully it shut up at night. I decided not to complain though so it really didn't bother us too bad. Pool was an added bonus and a great place to recuperate after hitting the club at Hard Rock. Actually one more downside. The buffet was not good at all. Find somewhere else to eat at instead!

Room Tip: Try using your casino card when logging into site.
  • Stayed June 2011
douglasville GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

easy check in depending on time of day, nice room, bedding etc. bathrom amenities on the sparse side. casino small but staff all helpful & friendly. Pool filled w/kids. 3 days comped so excellent for the money.

Room Tip: ask for gulf view on higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. It is a good hotel option in the Biloxi area but it wasn’t Grand. When we got there they only had King rooms left. We had 4 older adults, you can’t really have 3 old adults sleep in a king bed and one in a rollaway! I can just see broken hip if the one sleeping in the middle had to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. As a result, one of us slept on the roll away and one in the chair. Not what I would consider the best sleep arrangement but it worked. The only good thing is the room faced the Gulf. The hotel room itself was very nice. The rooms were fairly big. There were some options for eating in the hotel lobby. The restaurant by the bar was very nice and the service was good. The little coffee shop place was VERY slow. We ordered a whole pizza and it took 45 minutes for us to get it. And it wasn’t just the pizza, we went there for some of their awesome desserts and that took really long too. The Casino of course took all our money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!