“Good Vaction” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Gulf Coast

Save Saved
You added Harrah's Gulf Coast to your Saves list
Harrah's Gulf Coast
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   280 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Grand Biloxi Casino Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #18 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Caledonia,oh
“Good Vaction”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Hotel was great ,good veiw of the gulf, Staff was helpful and nice..Casino small and very tight slots ,but thats the way every casino was I went to. Buffet was just ok.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

730 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Cary, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Grand Hotel. The staff there was very accomodating to us. We wanted a Gulf view room but they were out of them and they said they would gladly move us the following day. By 1 p.m. the next day we were in a wonderful room with a view of the beautiful beaches. From the bartenders to the waitresses to the front desk check in everyone was very friendly and truly cared about our visit.. The pool was wonderful, very clean and well kept. The casino is a bit smaller but we still had fun playing. Wish I could say the buffet rocked, but it didn't. We had 2 breakfasts there and it was bare bones. Other than improving on that, it was a great place to stay and can't wait to go back !!

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
charlotte,nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

My husband and I were travelling to Texas and back. We stopped and stayed at The Grand on February 21st and on March 7th. The first stop there we got a decent room. The view wasn't much but we didn't care. Everything worked and the room was clean. We went downstairs to the casino. We played at the machines in the bar. The poker machines there were filthy. I do not know when they were last cleaned but there was actually black grime on all the buttons. The bartender could not remember from one minute to the next what we were drinking and ended up making my husband a wrong drink (even though we tipped him quite well). My husband played roulette across from the bar and did everything but stand on his head to get the dealer to smile but to no avail. We headed to the lobby bar for drinks and something to eat. They were supposedly in the middle of a shift change but it took forever to get waited on and then they asked me what I wanted but never asked my husband. I had to flag someone down later to put in a food order. Then it took forever to get someone to come over and close out our account. Got a good night's sleep and left the next morning. On our way back, again we stopped at The Grand. We got a room with the same exact view except one floor higher. Same old, same old. The machines at the casino bar were still filthy and this time the roulette table wasn't even open. A lot of the tables were not open and this was around 6 pm in the evening. The bartender was a different one and at least he got our drinks right. However, the lobby bar was no better. Same rude service, same ignoring. We actually sat there for approximately 10 minutes (at the bar) before anyone waited on us. So, we won't be back. There are a lot of better places to stay in Biloxi. Since we are Harrah's Total Rewards card holders, we chose The Grand, but our next trip down will not include this hotel.

THE VILLAGES
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

i'm a regular diamond player almost since you opened in early 90's. was upset to see how few $1.(6 in all) & even 50 cent video poker machines you now have. (don't want to sit at the uncomfortable bar). if you keep removing those kinds of video poker machines,my gaming (& many others who were upset)will move to another casino. on a positive note,my host,kim williams ,is the best i have ever worked with. a true professional!!! & dealers like Darwyn,Maryanne,Wade & floor people like Sean,Robert,Danny & Tom are great,great assets!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Stayed at the Grand with my husband for a 1 night get away and was very pleased with our experience! The room, though not over-the-top extravagant, was very nice, clean and extremely comfortable. The pillows were so wonderful that I will be purchasing 2 of them! The sheets and towels were white without stains and even smelled so clean! There is a 1 cup individual coffee maker in the room which we enjoyed. I much prefer drinking out of a wrapped disposable cup than a ceramic cup others have used that I am not sure has been washed well. Staff was friendly and we were able to play a long time on our money at the casino. I don't like when you walk into a casino with $50 and it is gone within 30 minutes. We did eat the breakfast buffet which was very good, they will even make you an omelet with your favorite ingredients! I am a bit picky, but have no complaints here! We will be returning next month!

Dothan, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

First let me say, I live just a few hours away and have traveled to Biloxi many times over the years and have stayed at a number of the casino hotels there. This was our first trip back to the Grand post Katrina. Since Katrina we've stayed twice at the IP, once at the Palace and once at the Beau Rivage. All seemed to have "upgraded" from what we knew before the town was devastated. We espected the same at the Grand. Here's what we experienced.
Our trip decision was last minute, so I went online and reserved a King Bed Non smoking room, printed my confirmation and we hit the road. I called to confirm that our late arrival wouldnt jeapordize our room and I was told that as long as we arrived by 10 pm they wouldnt reassign our room. But just outside of Mobile a major accident stopped traffic on I-10 and we were stopped completely 2 hours. I called again and gave them our new arrival time of 10:30 and confirmed our room would still be reserved. I was told that it would be. We arrived at 10:15 and upon checkin we were told that the only king bed they had was in a smoking room. When I asked why our reservations were not honored we were told that the reservation only assures we have a room, not the type of room. She then came up with a double bed non smoking room. We weren't happy but we agreed to take it. Then we were told that although they had that room, it wouldnt be ready for another hour but we could take our luggage to the bellhop and they would hold it until the room was ready. That would have been nice except there was no bell hop on duty so we had to take our luggage with us to get a bite to eat. When the room was ready, miraculously a king non smoking room was available so they did finally at 11:20pm get us in the room of our choosing. I have no complains with the room other than water pressure. It took me 15 minutes to get the shampoo out of my hair the next morning because it there just wasnt much pressure. Other than that the room was clean and well equipped.
We went down to the casino for a few hours and were disappointed again. After playing the slot machines for over an hour, we never saw a waitress. I had to go to the bar to get us a drink. My spouse and I then moved over to the roulette table which was directly in front of the bar. When we still didnt see a waitress my husband commented that he needed a drink and our dealer told us we would be quicker to go get it ourselves! Wow! Not only did we have to go get the drinks ourselves, the bartender made us pay for them!!!! In the 15 years I've played been traveling to Biloxi, I've never bought a drink while gaming. Outside the casino, yes, but when playing, they've always been on the house.

The place wasnt bad, but it was not at all worth a return trip to me when there are better options available.

Vicksburg, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

The service here is extremely rude. This place is NOT what it used to be, we haven't been to the Gand since before Katrina. Also, this place was supposed to build this huge resort across the street, but they stopped building it in the middle of construction. There has literally been a concrete junkyard there since 2008, and there is no telling if the company will even resume construction considering that there is vegetation growing in the construction site. Spend your money somewhere else, and STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Harrah's Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!