“Another Gem Hiding in a Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 186 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Asian
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Another Gem Hiding in a Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This Thai Restaurant is hidden away in the Holiday Inn on the beach here in Biloxi. I love Thai food but drove by the Basil for some 8 months before finally stopping by for dinner this past Saturday evening. What a Gem tucked away just off the lobby in the Holiday Inn.

The restaurant is small by most restaurant standards but spotless when it comes to cleanliness. Although it does not offer a spectacular view, it does offer a nice view of the gulf across Beach Blvd. The menu is not huge but more than sufficient when it comes to choices. Although I love Thai food (often from eating in Thailand), I have not eaten Thai food for awhile so I chose to order my food Hot rather than Thai Hot and I think that was a good choice.

I started off with Spring Rolls which come in fours along with a dipping sauce. My entrée was Spicy Basil Chicken with white rice. The food was scrumptious and tasted more like original Thai food then any other restaurant I have eaten at in the United States. I ordered my food hot and it was definitely hot but not overbearing and added to the Thai taste of the food. Ema was my food server and she did an excellent job.

A GREAT EXPERIENCE! I WILL RETURN AND RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have no dislikes about this restaurant at all. Everything I have tried is great. I have recommended my friends and family to come here for dinner.

Visited July 2013
“A pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Went here as a date night during our vacation... Skeptical at first because no other diners were there at 7 pm on a Friday night... But the food was excellent, as was the service. We had spring rolls to start, and I had the broccoli beef while my husband had the shrimp pad Thai... I got mild spice and he got medium... I tried his and we both agreed any more spice would be too much. As it was it was excellent! Will go back!!

• Visited July 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“A great nights ending”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

After a long day and show at the casino I surprised my gf with her favorite style of food. She couldn't believe how great the food was inside of a hotel. The place was well lit (rather romatic), nicely designed and you would've t believed that the food came from a vending machine it was so quickly prepared.TripAdvisor didn't steer me wrong on this one.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milton, FL
“Great Thai Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Daughter and I love Thai! She recently discovered she is pregnant and didn't want tap water. The restaurant didn't have bottled water. She really couldn't drink soda or beer or tea, so she decided to just wait until we got back to the room for our own. The wait staff found bottled water for her. We appreciated that very much!
The food was authentic, fresh and very very good.
We definitely will return next time we go to Biloxi

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Basil? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Basil, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;