“Truly authentic five star Thai cuisine in the lobby of the Holiday Inn on Biloxi beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Basil

Basil
1686 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS
Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 191 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Asian
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I can honestly say the reason why I didn't try this place sooner was because of its location. Foolish me for waiting so long. We took my finicky Thai mother here to eat and was amazed even she didn't snub the food (which she sometimes does)...she is an exquisite cook. We began with Thai spicy beef salad and chicken satay with peanut sauce was just like mama makes it. The red curry chicken in coconut milk excellent, rad nah (flat rice noodle with beef broccoli and gravy) is moms fave dish and finally the Pad Thai noodles was one of the best I've had. We shared sticky sweet rice with fresh mango and coco syrup for dessert. The chef is a Thai woman who cooks the old style as she and my mom call it. I call it classic Thai right here in Biloxi...not that fusion, I mean confusion rendition of Thai food some places are doing now. Nope this is the real deal. The four of us ate for $80 and got stuffed. We ate family style (shared 6 dishes including apps & dessert). Will surely return here and put it on my top five favorite local restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States
“Best Thai on the Miss Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant, in the Holiday Inn on Beach Blvd, is very easy to pass up, but has the best Thai food on the coast. It does have a very limited menu, but everything is excellent. The wait staff is very nice and helpful. They will explain all the dishes if you are not familiar with Thai food. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Orleans
“Best Pad Thai that I have ever had and super red curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This place is new and in the Holiday Inn of all places. However it is super. The Pad Thai as I mentioned is the best I have ever had not greasy super flavor. I have been eating Thai food for 4 years as often as possible and this is the best simple Thai food you can find at any price. The red curry was so good I took it home pulled the beef out of it and put in shredded duck and made a super second meal out of it. I never do that as I cook myself. I just can't duplicate what they do to food for $15 If you are ever in the area find this place if you like Thai food or just want a change of pace.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a good friend. I actually had no idea that Biloxi had a Thai restaurant. Everything was simply delicious! I dine out fairly often, and I returned to this restaurant 2 days after eating there the first time. Great Pad Thai, Yellow Curry, Thai beef salad, Papaya Salad, Red curry, fried rice, etc. The spice levels were also spot on. Every single thing was authentic, savory, and worth every penny. I'm just sorry I didn't know about it earlier!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Berlin, Connecticut
“good food, big portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn and this restaurant was right inside so it was very convenient. I got the Pad Thai which was some of the best I've had. My husband got a curry and liked that as well. Though the menu is limited compared to other Thai places we've been, it was definately a place we would have again if traveling to Biloxi. The waitress was friendly and the view of the beach was beautiful. I would definately go again!

• Visited February 2013