“Great place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 192 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Mexican
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My experience was great food and service was awesome I definitely go back again if u think Mexican think of el Saltillos ..thanks...frank landersson

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Gulfport, Mississippi
“Very Ordinary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have been living on the Mississippi Gulf Coast for three years now and have yet to find what I consider to be authentic Mexican Cuisine. El Saltillo has several locations, all have an authentic looking decor, but all serve up the same mystery beef, refried beans and that tacky yellow rice that no place in Mexico was I ever served. The tamales were OK, but I would sure love to see a decent Pozole or Menudo served. All the chips and runny salsa, do not make it Mexican food. I will keep searching, I know somewhere on the Gulf Coast there has to be the real thing. I will givethem credit for a decent margarita and good happy hour pricing.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, FL
“What I expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Mexican food in the south has a fairly standard set of expectations. Fast, good, & plenty while still affordable--with great salsa and chile con queso ("white cheese"). This restaurant meets all of the above. I had steak fajitas which were very good with a good quality steak although slightly less food than I'm used too. Mind you the price tag was also less. My husband had the beef burrito and enjoyed it as well.

“Every Monday for lunch me and the wife come here to eat, always good food and friendly staff would recommend ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We eat here one a week the salsa and chips are always good. The service is always top notch and the food is always smoking hot. The staff and food I give an A+ !!!!!

Guildford, United Kingdom
“A taste of Mexico at El Saltillo, Biloxi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Recommended by our hotel, this was indeed a good choice. Very warm welcome combined with enthusiastic, infectious service throughout contributed to an enjoyable and entertaining meal. The Dos Equis on draft hit the spot and the meal was served hot, tasty and nicely spiced. I had the Plato Ranchero which really gives you a chance to sample many of the key menu items and is a very generous plateful which could satisfy two people!

• Visited October 2013