“Rude staff” 2 of 5 stars

HHonors Double Points!
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
“Rude staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Unfriendly Hampton Inn. We stay exclusively at Hampton Inns/Hiltons and this was my first disappointment. The counter staff were downright rude when asked simple questions. No reason for it. I will say that this is unusual for Hampton Inns, however, it happened with more than one staff, both in the afternoon and the next morning- so this is a management issue. As for the rooms, the beds were hard, also unusual for a Hampton, and our non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. Room was clean. Would I return? I'd look elsewhere first.

• Stayed March 2013
Judy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I want to start by thanking you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay, feedback is very valuable to us. I do apologize, as it sounds like you did not have a good experience at all. We strive to ensure each guest stay is a pleasant one. I have met with staff members and shared the feedback you provided, they as I were very dissappointed that the stay did not meet your expectations. We hope you may gives us another opportunity to serve you again should you return to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Again, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Mount Vernon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Extra Clean rooms. Helpful staff. Great location, Close to casinos and the beach. Very clean rooms. Heated pool and hot tub are a great addition to staying here. Clean fitness center. Was great to have access to guest laundry in the middle of our trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your most recent stay with us. Our staff is always happy to know their hard work allows for a guests great stay. It is nice to be able to do laundry and start fresh when traveling. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know and we hope to see you again soon.
Laurel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We greatly enjoyed our 2nd stay with you guys...was a wonderful time in the heated pool... also very grateful for the variety with the breakfast....i have a very picky eater and he was more than satisfied with the choices you all have.... we also LOVED our view of the beach... Very happy with our stay and I know we will be back :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Want to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay with us. Our staff is always excited to hear that they provided a pleasant stay for our guests. And yes, that heated pool does feel pretty good. It is wonderful hearing that our variety of breakfast is even enough to satisfy your picky eater. We sure appreciate hearing that we met your expectations and look forward to seeing you when your return to the Gulf Coast again
Daphne, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great view of the water. Upgraded rooms. Nice and quiet. Close enough to the casino's without having to stay at one. We came from Alabama for a show at the IP casino. Friendly front desk.
Breakfast was good. Hotel was full when we where there but didn't feel like it. Heated pool and hot tub outside beach right across the street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I want to start with letting you know how appreciative we are for your time in letting us know how your recent stay was. We are glad you enjoyed your visit. I am happy that you got to enjoy the great views that we have of the Mississippi Gulf. We hope to see you again soon when you return. thank you again for taking time to give us feedback, this is what helps to ensure you enjoy each stay.
Ft Walton Beach FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Hampton Inn Biloxi is located on Beach Blvd, across U.S. 90 from the white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. The location is quiet - far from the noise and congestion around the casinos - but within relatively short walking distance of several casinos and restaurants. We had a 6th floor room on the north end of the hotel, and though we were farthest away from the water, we still had a partial Gulf view. I suspect that all rooms either have full or partial Gulf views. The hotel is modern (thanks to Katrina, I think) and well maintained, and our room was fairly spacious. The best thing about our experience was the staff, and front desk clerk Judy gets five stars for her exceptional service. On the negative side (and these really are "nits" provided in the hope that management will correct them and take this establishment to the next level): the elevators are painfully slow (they seem to only operate one of the two at a time); the free internet was even more painfully slow; the free breakfast was getting a bit long in the tooth by 9am (scrambled eggs with ham drying out a bit); and, like at all Hampton Inns, the glassware provided in the rooms was not glass or ceramic but paper. Also - and this really is a nit - one of the clever Hampton Inn appliqués in the elevator ("Served Fresh Daily: clean beds") looked like it was cut out by a left-handed kindergartner with dull scissors. All of the nits aside, we would not hesitate to stay at this property the next time we come to Biloxi.

Room Tip: High floor, south side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for taking your time to give us this feedback on your most recent stay with us. i am glad overall you enjoyed your stay. We are addressing several of the issues you listed as "nits" as we speak. Our internet service upgrade should be complete by the end of this week, I have spoken with our breakfast attendants to ensure that our breakfast items are as fresh from start to finish. We hope you will be able to join us again in the near future should you be on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Thank you again for the feedback, it is priceless in ensuring that each and every stay is a pleasant one.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed a night here recently with my eight year old daughter because she had a dance competition the next morning. The room was spotless. Even the carpet was extremely clean,which is hard to find in a hotel. We missed breakfast as we were running behind but others said it was really good.
The only complaints I have are about the pool and the whirlpool in the room.
Our room overlooked the pool and there were several teenagers in it. We heard every noise they made. Luckily,they didn't stay out too late.
The problem with the whirlpool tub in the room was my own fault. The knob for it was on the wall and I didn't see it. I just assumed it didn't work when the button on the tub didn't work. I was disappointed when I got out and dressed and found the knob for it.
Other than that,everything was great and my husband and I are considering staying here for a weekend away without kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry you didn't get to enjoy your whirlpool tub, I am sure that was disappointing when your are all set to go...our housekeeping department will be glad to know they were able to meet your expectations on cleanilness when I share this with them. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again when you are ready for that get away.
Nekoosa, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

While visiting relatives in the area we decided to spend the night and choose the Hampton Inn at random. It's a little pricey but being that it's close to the main casinos and on the beach I suppose the prices are in line with the other hotels within the immediate area. First of all I very seldom give a hotel a 5 star rating but I believe this Hampton being a 2 1/2 star hotel deserves it. Checkin went smoothly and the girl at the desk was very pleasant and helpful. It's the closest hotel to the main casino (Beau Rivage) which really wasn't all that important to us. I give my highest ratings mostly to hotels that are clean and this Hampton Inn was one of the cleanest hotels that we've stayed in down South. The lobby, elevator, hallways and room were spotless. The room was decorated attractively with new furnishings and a large flat screen TV. Bathroom was large, clean and the shower surround not your usual hotel caulked tile. Also everything in the room was in working order which is very unusual. Breakfast was better than average, some sort of scramble eggs, ham, biscuits and gravy, fruit, rolls, waffles, etc. The only downfall was not much curb appeal and unless you had a room facing the gulf the view was the parking lot or empty field. There are no restaurants within walking distance. Would I stay again, definitely, this would be my hotel of choice when in the Biloxi area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Want to start by thanking you for your time in telling us about your stay. Our staff will be glad to hear that we met your expectations during your stay. We are happy you enjoyed your breakfast and room. We are woking on our curb appeal as we speak and hope you will be able to join us again soon and see how this comes out. Thank you again, by getting these reviews we are able to better serve our guests and that is our goal.

Been to Hampton Inn Biloxi? Share your experiences!