“Hampton Inn Beach Blvd” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Pensacola, Florida
“Hampton Inn Beach Blvd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Overall we loved this place and look forward to staying here again. We asked for a room with a beach view, king bed, roll away bed, and a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. I was amazed at the price. I really thought the lady I spoke with on the phone made a mistake and when I got there, I was sure they would tell me I would need to pay extra for all I was asking for. There was no mistake. When we got to our room, it had everything we had asked for. The room layout was very well thought out. It even had a mini fridge and microwave, which they manage to include without taking up much room.
When we first arrived, there was a friendly gentleman at the counter who was making freshly baked cookies. I went down several times through the night and each time, he had a new batch of cookies.
The work area was perfect for a laptop and there is still room on the desk for papers. It's perfect if you are taking work on the road or for a student to study. The lapdesk was really nice for my daughter who we always pack art projects for when traveling. The lapdesk is also a nice way to use the laptop in the bed while still enabling the laptop to vent. There was free Wi-Fi that was simple to connect to and there is also an ethernet connection in the room. I used the Wi-Fi; the connection was slow but reliable, (average was about .5 mbps). I didn’t try the ethernet connection.
The Jacuzzi in the bathroom was amazing! It was about three times the size of a normal tub and had six jets. This was our favorite thing about the room.
I felt the room was very clean. They use white duvet covers on the comforters and there are signs all over that they clean them for each new guest. I've always been kind of grossed out by most hotels' bedspreads, so I really appreciated the cleanliness of this hotel. The bed was kind of too firm for me, but I've never found a hotel that didn't have an uncomfortable bed. Even in the upscale hotels, I can't wait to get back to sleeping in my own bed. My daughter said the roll away bed was even more uncomfortable than the king size bed. Next time we stay there, I will get a room with two queen size beds so she is more comfortable.
The beach view was beautiful. The hotel is across the street from the beach, so you see the street also, but we were on the fifth floor and the view of the water was gorgeous.
In the morning they had an amazing free breakfast downstairs with plenty of tables and chairs. The breakfast included things like bacon and eggs, a mixed fruit salad, oatmeal, cereal, doughnuts, bagels, biscuits, and there was even a waffle iron there and some waffle batter so that you can make your own fresh waffles. There was also a juice machine with various juices and of course, coffee. They even had hazelnut creamer for the coffee, which I’m addicted to, so I was really happy to see that. (Sometimes it's the little things that can make all the difference). There was also a friendly lady there assisting the guests with any of their needs.
All in all, we loved it there and will definitely stay there again next time we are in Biloxi! Bottom line is the room was clean, the staff was friendly, and the amenities were everything we could have asked for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Judy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
First we would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent stay. I am so glad we met your expectations and our staff will be glad to hear this also as they strive to make each guest stay a great one. We are glad you enjoyed the room and that that there were no surprises when you arrived except that you received just what you asked for. We hope to see you again when you return to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Again, thank you for letting us know about your stay.

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Saint Albans, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our heating and air conditioning system was very loud. They hotel was not busy and should not have put us in this room. The service workers had to know the system was making more noise than it normally should. I watched the service worker taking used shampoo and refilling them with other used ones. The breakfast area was extremely cold and the food was not as good as I am used to receiving from Hampton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Judy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
We thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from out guests-inlcuding when comments hlep idenitfy ways we can improve. I understand from your review that your had some inconveniences with the A/C unit in your room. I thank you for bringing this to my attention and I can assure you that I have contacted our maintenance crew and have already fixed this issue. Guest comfort is our main priority and I do apologize if your stay was not up to your expectations. I thank you again very much for your reciew and hope you consider giving us a second chance when you return to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Nice Hampton Inn. Clean, great location, good staff, festive holiday decorations. Enjoyed the coffee/tea center. Our first night here was great, however, during the second night I awoke to a strong smell of cigarette smoke in our non-smoking room on the 5th floor. For the duration of our stay the smell of smoke was very, very strong not just in our room but all over the 5th floor. The next day we spoke with the gentleman at the front desk who told us that 506 and 508 were smoking rooms. I went to the room to get my jacket while my husband waited in the lobby after speaking with the desk clerk and at some point he did tell my husband we could change rooms. I wasn't the guest causing the problem so didn't want to pack up and schlep our stuff to another room, however, we should have since the third night was even worse than the second. I counted 12 other rooms on the 5th floor outside of the two smoking rooms and I cannot understand why these two rooms are allowed to potentially create a miserable situation for 12 other rooms on this floor. We are huge fans of the Hilton family of lodging establishments but this was a real disappointment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you did not have the stay your expected. I sincerely apologize for the discomfort you experienced with the smoke smells you were subjected to. We try to meet all guest satisfaction and are unhappy to hear that we did not meet yours. We hope you will give us the opportunity to meet that expectation should you return to the Mississippi Gulf Coast in your travels.
Pascagoula, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This hotel is on Beach Blvd and if you get the right room has great views. It is very close to the casinos. I got upgraded and the room was the best I have ever had at a Hampton. The staff were fantastic. All the housekeeping employees greeted me and offered me assistance in finding my way. The front desk staff were very pleasant with helpful suggestions for dining and entertainment as well as faxing some documents for me. Lobby area was nice. The price was a bit steep compared to other options, particularly at the casinos but if you don't want to stay at a casino it was as good a value as any other or better.It was very quiet. My only negative comments are that the wireless service was spotty and the TV in the bedroom was terrible. The picture wasn't very good and the remote would often perform a random function.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
It is great of you to take the time to let us know how your most recent stay with us was. We are glad you enjoyed your upgraded room and the staff will be pleased to know that they made your stay more enjoyable. I do apologize for the status of the wireless service for you. We are in the process of upgrading the internet to serve our guests better. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you when you return to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Room exceeded expectations...nice size, very clean an comfortable. Loved the clean comfortabe duvet covers, you could just snuggle down in the bed. Nice selection for breakfast. Checked in after 6 pm so someone was at desk, checked out around 9:30 am...personell cleaning and in breakfast area, but front desk staff was either in the back office or somewhere other than the desk, didn't really matter as bill had been delivered to room and all was correct. Just wanted to check out so housekeeping would know they could get into the room for cleaning.

Room Tip: Fifth Floor was nice and quite back towards west side of hotel, still had beach view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how we did on your latest stay with us at the Hampton Inn Biloxi Beach. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed snuggling in our beds. I will be sure and share all your feedback with our staff as they strived daily to meet our guests expectations. We hope you to see you again soon.
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Perfect place to stay overnight. You can walk across the street to the beach. It is about a two block walk to the Biloxi Visitor Center which makes it a great location. The casinos are very close to this hotel.The staff was super friendly and accommodating.We had a king bedroom oceanview. The room was very clean and spacious. The breakfast area was quite large, and not missing one thing. It was immaculately clean and every single thing was in its place - you couldn't find a crumb anywhere! I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms are nice but if you don't want to spend the extra money, the views from the lobb...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We thank your for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay. Our staff will be glad to hear that we met your expectations during your stay. We hope to see you again soon when you return to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was a good place to stay while we were passing through and wanted to do some gambling in the area. We had a non-smoking king room with an ocean view, not on the water but across the street. The front desk was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, I was on a non-smoking floor and some jerk decided to smoke in the stairwell on that floor. There just isn't much the hotel can do unless they catch them in the act. I wish all Hilton properties would go completely non-smoking like Marriott.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms are the 00 rooms, 200, 300, 400 as they are on an outside corner. There were teen...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your most recent stay with us was. I am glad you found our staff friendly and helpful. they will be glad to hear the feedback. I am sorry you encountered someone smoking in the stairwells. We certainly do not condone this behavior. We hope to be able to service you again on your return to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Been to Hampton Inn Biloxi? Share your experiences!