“Nice Beach View . . . but, Heed My Warning” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Double Points!
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Williamsburg, NY
“Nice Beach View . . . but, Heed My Warning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I recently stayed at this property, and particularly wanted a beach view -- so, I booked the King-Smoking, Beachview w/Hot Tub on the Priority Club website. I used my AARP discount, and -- while the rate varies somewhat depending on weekday or weekend -- the room/night was approximately $130 (including tax and discount). This room is on the top floor with an unobstructed view of the beach.

The room was spacious, with microwave and fridge & flat screen TV (with decent cable);and, the heating/cooling worked fine (although it was November, so the outside temperature was moderate). The room had a comfortable chair with ottoman, and a comfortable desk chair at a roll-out desk with wired Internet access (free); the bedding was good (although the extra depth mattress made it a little "tall" for me). Morning breakfast is substantial, and constantly replenished. The desk and service staff are very friendly -- and the location is good: across the street from the beach, quick hop to casinos, a couple of blocks to Biloxi Visitor Center.

And now for the warning: the in-room hot tub is a squarish, two-person tub with the shower set to fall in the middle of the tub (i.e., not a separate walk-in shower). I certainly am familiar with this set-up (since I've seen it more than a few times over the years); and, it was what I expected. What I didn't expect was how old and creaky I've gotten over the years . . . It was EXTREMELY difficult to climb into that tub/shower. So, fair warning: if your agility isn't what it once was, think twice about the hot tub room.

But, beyond the problems created by my own choice, it's a nice property -- and one to which I would certainly return.

Room Tip: Hot tub rooms are probably best for the younger -- or more agile.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Judy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent stay. Our team works hard to meet the expectations of our guests. We are so glad that you enjoyed your room, the breakfast and the area while you were with us. I wish I could help you on the agility issues but i am afraid that is our of my area. lol...perhaps we will be able to host you again when you return to the Mississippi Gulf Coast and we can provide some sort of step to help ease the entering and exiting of the tub area. We thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

pay extra for ocean view, but the street noise is free. thread bare carpet. cracks in room hot tub. limited breakfast options. One receptionist was kind enough to loan us wine glasses so we didn't have to use paper cups in our room. Hard to control temperature of frig--- either too warm or items froze. Didn't seem to have enough staff. Only one person around in the evening--- he was trying to eat dinner while answering the phone. We had asked the front desk to order us a cab for 6:30pm. The receptionist was of little help when the cab didn't show. No restaurant within walking distance but there is a small grocery store about 2-3 blocks back from the ocean. Great beach across the street.

Next time we'll look elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I am certainly sadden to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay at all. I apologize for all the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us. We do offer our 100% Guarantee and I am sorry that we were not aware of your dissatisfaction at the time so we could have extended it. Please accept my sincerest apologies and we do hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and give you the stay you were expecting.
Waynesboro, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our stay was very nice. The hotel was easy to find...directly across from the beach...great view from the pool area and some of our party had a beachview room which was very nice. Clean lobby area and comfortable seating. Impressive breakfast choices. Room was nice. Adequate size room. Very clean room. Our room had built in cabinetry which was very nice. It seemed to have more lighting than most hotel rooms which I liked. Our room was right beside the elevator and my first thought was that we would hear the elevators all night, but I never heard a peep. Easy check in. We used the laundry room, and it was easily accessible. The pool area, the pool, and hot tub were small. Parking is behind the hotel. The hotel is surrounded by huge trees that withstood Hurricane Katrina. The room rate was a little on the high side, but I assume that is because of the beach frontage. Overall-great stay..would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We are so glad you took tthe time to let us know how your most recent stay with us was. We strive to ensure we meet the expectations of our guests and I am sure our team will be glad to hear that we met yours. We are glad you enjoyed the comfort of your room and offerings on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We certainly hope to see your again soon when you are back on the Gulf Coast.
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The room & bathroom were large. Bathroom looked like it had been updated with bathtub surround & new fixtures but it was dimly lit making it difficult to apply makeup. The vanity was unusually high. The bed was hard & my back hurt every morning.

Outstanding ocean view!!!

Slowest elevators ever!!!

Pool area was nice but had no shade.

We had to drive everywhere. Nothing was within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the great view of the gulf from your room. I do apologize that you had a back ache each morning. We will take a look into the lighting situation and hopefully when you are in our area again we will be able to serve your needs once again.
Jackson, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Very nice lobby. Easy check-in. Our room was on the front of the building, therefore, we had an outstanding view. The romm was large with very comfortable beds. The room and bathroom were spotless. The front desk staff was VERY helpful and polite. We did not eat breakfast downstairs, but ti appered to be acceptable. Convenient location -- about one mile from the Beau. The beach is right across the street. Adequate parking. Only drawback: Slowest elevator EVER.

Room Tip: HIgher floors = better view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Judy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you the feedback on your stay with us at the Hampton Inn. We strive to meet your expectations with each stay and we were glad to hear we met yours. Except of course for that SLOW elevator...we are looking into that. We hope to see you again should you return to the Gulf Coast.
Nancy, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed there six nights in July. What a wonderful hotel !! We love Hampton inns but this one was even much better than what we expected. Staying there was just like being with family. Front desk staff, housekeepers, the women taking care of the breakfast, the young guys cleaning the pool, the other guests... everyone was so incredibly friendly !!
We knew Biloxi suffered a lot from Katrina, but thanks to its people it was just good vibrations everywhere.
This hotel is ideally located. You just cross the pleasant ocean front road and you are at the beach. Walking distance also to Katrina trees sculptures (there are several ones just in front of the hotel), to the Visitors Center and to the pier. And within a few minute drive you are at all casinos, and to the historic district with nice little shops of local artists, and to Katrina Memorial.
The hotel itself is a treasure. Pool is very pleasant and relaxing, we enjoyed it every day early in the afternoon after spending the morning in casinos, at this time of the day it was never crowded. Then the (so nice !!) beach, then some more casinos ! It's so good to know you're close to everything, so driving back to the hotel even late at night was never a worry.
Breakfast was delicious, with different hot items every morning.
We liked even the parking lot, it's a very pleasant area with a beautiful old tree.
We had planned to stay 6 days in Biloxi, and had booked the three first nights at the Hampton inn, and the three following nights in an other hotel, thinking it would be fun to stay in two different areas of the town. The other hotel was a chain hotel too, located further west on the ocean front road, about a 15 minute drive from the Hampton. It looked quite attractive from the pictures on its website. Well, one evening, we decided to go have a look on it, and were so disappointed when we saw it. Far to be as attractive as we had imagined, rooms had no view, and the whole area was really much less exciting. So we did something we had never done before: we cancelled our reservation at this hotel and stayed the 6 nights at the Hampton inn ! That tells a lot on how much we liked the Hampton, as the other one was much cheaper.
We had booked an ocean view (front) room at the Hampton inn for our 3 first nights. It was just perfect, very large and so comfortable, we loved it immensely !! Then for the 3 next nights, front desk told us we couldn't keep it, which was understandable, as ocean view rooms were all booked already. Yet their did their very best to give us a room that would suit our preferences, and so we got a room on the same floor (third) with a view (partial , yet really nice) toward the pier. And we could still see the ocean ! This room was a bit smaller but yet pretty large, we absolutely loved it too. And whatever the rooms, their beds are always, always so comfortable !
Next time we'll stay in Biloxi, we know we won't need to search Internet again: we'll go directly to the Hampton inn ! We can't wait !!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We truly thank you for taking the time to reflect on your recent stay with us. We do try to make every one feel at home at our Hampton Inn. The staff will love hearing that we made your stay so pleasant. We also were very glad that you decided to extend your stay with us and were not disappointed that you did. I am happy that your were able to experience quite a bit of what we have to offer here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We love our area and glad that you enjoyed it also. We look forward to having you again as our guest when you return to the Gulf Coast.
Yuba City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

From the time I booked to my departure I couldn't have asked for a better experience! I attended a class at Keesler Air Force Base and unfortunately, Keesler had no available lodging. I spoke to the mngr, Judy Bird and she honored the govt rate and booked it on the spot. Hurricane Isaac hit the second week I was there, and the staff was more than accomodating. During the hardest hit days they continued serving breakfast, and served us dinner one of the nights due to curfews/limited traveling in the local area. They even helped me in booking another hotel in Gulfport the last night I was there, so I could catch my early morning flight. Great location, delicious breakfast every morning, clean rooms and helpful/friendly staff. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Judy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with us at the Hampton Inn Biloix Beach. We are so glad that your stay was all you expected.....except for the the hurricane of course. Our staff will be glad to hear that their efforts of making each guest feel at home and comfortable were met with you. We hope to see again whenever you return to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.