“Lovely hotel across from beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
HHonors Double Points!
Ranked #2 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
“Lovely hotel across from beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I selected Mississippi for our three year anniversary vacation? The first half of the vacation, we splurged to stay in a plantation home in Natchez. The second half, we were looking for a beach front hotel, while remaining budget conscious. We selected the Hampton Inn in Biloxi for both of these reasons, as well as the good reviews. We were not disappointed, our room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and we were surprised with a hot breakfast buffet every morning! I haven't mentioned the location. It is right across from the beach. Every morning, as we opened the window, we were greeted with views of beautiful white sand and clear water. Wow! We highly recommoned this hotel!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
I am so happy that you had a great stay with us recently and would like to thank for your feedback. We have a great team at our Hampton Inn and they will be excited to hear they met your expectations. I was glad to hear you woke each day with a beautiful view of our Coast line and enjoyed your breakfast. We hope to see you again should you be in our area. Maybe on your 4th anniversary.

253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Great staff, comfortable bed, nice decor, beach view. Nothing but the best here!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We did a Gulf Coast trip at the end of March and stayed at this hotel for four nights. What a great find! It was right across the street from the beach; we simply walked out the front door and across the street for miles of great walking. They also had a wonderful pool which we enjoyed using. The room was large and clean and had a microwave and minifridge so we were able to keep our drinks cold. The complimentary afternoon cookies were delicious! This hotel also had a couple of computers available for guest use, as well a well-stocked fitness center. The breakfast was decent, although not as varied as some other Hamptons I've stayed in. I really loved the location as well....easy access to pretty much any place we wanted to visit. I'll definitely plan to stay here on my next visit to the Gulf Coast!

Room Tip: Ask for beach side!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Everything seems new about this hotel. It must have been built recently (after Katrina). New stylish carpets, furniture, decor, everything seems very modern and new. Giant HDTVs in the rooms but all the channels are in analog. What a waste, but I notice this in a lot of hotels. The rooms come with a microwave and mini-fridge, so no need to worry about the annoying filling and refilling of ice buckets. You get an ice bucket though if you want to use one. The beds are comfy and per Hampton Inn's policy duvets are put on fresh for every new guest. The pillows were too soft for me though. I had to use two stacked together for support. Nice shower head with many settings. Free wifi.

There are soda machines on every floor and a snack machine on the first floor. Small fitness center. There's a small pool along with a jacuzzi in front of the hotel. There are free computers to use in the lobby but I couldn't get them to connect to anything when I wanted to print my boarding pass.

Free breakfast with plenty of choices both hot and cold. Waffles, scrambled eggs, toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. Also they put out delicious warm cookies later in the day.

If you didn't drive you can walk to most things from the hotel or use the trolleys to get around. Running down the main strip of Beach Boulevard in front of the hotel are the Casino Hopper trolley that visits all the casinos, and the Beachcomber trolley which runs all the way from the Ship Island Excursions pier in Gulfport to the Biloxi transit Center, where you can transfer to other routes.

It's a 10 minute walk from the hotel to the Biloxi Lighthouse and Biloxi Visitor's Center. From there it's another 10 minute walk to the Beau Rivage Casino and other businesses. Down in that area there is gas station with a store you can buy snacks/drinks/food in. If you keep walking you can even get to a McDonald's, the Hard Rock Casino, and the Katrina Memorial. I walked to all that stuff.

The nice fine white sand beach is a much quicker walk, right across the street from the Hampton Inn. I had a room on the side of the hotel but could still see the beach from it. If you get a front facing room facing the beach you may hear traffic noise from the 4-lane highway separating the hotel from the beach. It's easy to walk across it though. In the median of the highway there is a Katrina sculpture garden where dead trees have been turned into animal sculptures.

A couple service issues: I left at 9am and when I came back at 2:00 pm my room still had not been made. I left again, came back at 3:15 pm and they were just getting around to cleaning it. I had to go sit in the lobby until they were done. That seems a bit late to be cleaning rooms. Also the front desk seemed to be unmanned during the day at times. The person just took off I guess to do other things. There was no bell there to get anyone's attention either. It wasn't just me who experienced this, as I saw a man shouting "HELLO? HELLO?" leaning over the counter looking for assistance too.

Overall a new modern hotel with lots of freebies (breakfast, cookies, wifi) and a good location right across the street from the beach.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

My b/f and I last stayed in Biloxi in January (off season) at one of the casino hotels. For this trip in April 2012, that option was way out of our price range. So I researched on Trip Advisor and decided to book us a room at the Hampton Inn. What a PERFECT choice! We got a gorgeous corner room, complete with a whirlpool tub. The hotel is right across the street from the beach, which we walked to and enjoyed the afternoon. It was quiet, (it was great to get away from the casino noise), the bed/pillows were comfortable, the room was clean, we had a fridge and microwave, nice flat screen TV, beautiful cherry wood furniture... everything was amazing! And the complimentary full breakfast in the morning was delicious! We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

Our family of four stayed here to meet our relatives for our summer gathering. The hotel was very accommodating and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were above average cleanliness. The breakfast was as expected for the Hampton Inn chain which was very plentiful and pleasing. Great option for the Biloxi area.

Stayed July 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I just loved this hotel... everything about it! From the FANTASTIC location overlooking the beautiful Gulf, to the heated (like a bathtub) pool and spa also overlooking the beach, to the beautifully appointed room with everything that you could want to the very welcoming and helpful staff, I could not have been happier with this hotel. And wouldn't even look for a different place to stay next time I come to the Biloxi area!

Oh, and BTW just glanced at the other reviews, saw one from swatone... Are you sure that you're thinking about the correct hotel??? "Rooms old and run down" ?!?!? And the ice machine always worked for me... Have to disagree with your review.

Room Tip: Oh, the only thing I'd do differently is bring my own hairdryer next time. They have one, I jus...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Biloxi? Share your experiences!