“Would stay here again - great place” 5 of 5 stars

September Special $49
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Would stay here again - great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2004

Modern Hotel/Casino. All staff friendly apart from a moody lady on the check-in desk.

Fantastic rooms. No breakfast included in rate $150, but buffet upstairs is inexpensive and plentiful.

There are also a couple of other restautants within the hotel.

Happy hour very good at all the bars 5-7pm.

Casino not huge but has all the right mix of machines and tables.

Free parking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2004

I usually stay at Beau Rivage but it was sold out so we opted for the Palace. Cheaper room and it was just as nice. Gorgeous bathroom, plenty of space, nice furnishings and good view of the "casino row" a few blocks away. We walked to/from the other casinos. I'd definitely recommend.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2004

Wonderful! I love this hotel. No complaints whatsoever and the rates are good.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2004

I was very impressed with the Staff at your hotel because of the willingness to help. We arrived only to realize that my 92yr old Father had left his cane at home. One of your staff checked with others to find us a place that we could purchase one and it was only a short distance from the hotel. I thanked that person and wanted you to know how helpful he was.
The hotel was very clean and neat and had everything anyone could want in the room.
The only request that I made on my leaving your hotel was that the pool was not very convinent especially for someone who could not take a long walk especially with stairs involved.
Thank you for the good time that we had and I hope to see you again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2004

We have never had the opportunity of staying at the Palace. Always stay at the Imperial because of low rates plus always have 1 or 2 nights free. However we have played at the Palace and loved it. Perhaps sometime we will be able to afford to stay there.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2004

The quality, price and atmosphere were excellent. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Montgomery, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2004

I would probably have rated this hotel higher, but the previous night I stayed at a fabulous hotel in New Orleans, the Le Pavillon. We stayed at the Palace for only one weekend night because we were attending a concert in Biloxi.

My main problem was with check-in. First, valet came to the car and asked if I was checking in, then left without offering parking services. I made reservations about two months prior on their website.
Upon check-in I was told that I did not have reservations and I must be staying at the Imperial Palace resort. After I showed them a print out of the web reservations, they found my room and said that check-in was not until 4:00 p.m. However, everyone in the other lines were checking in and hauling their stuff up the elevators. So, I waited in line again to ask them to hold my room because we had to leave at 4:00 and wouldn't be back until midnight. When it was my turn, the clerk answered the phone and proceeded to have a 5 minute conversation. She hung up the phone, talked to an employee next to her, then called someone on the phone. The conversation was so long that people in line started complaining. When I finally talked to her, she said I did not have reservations and I must be staying at the Imperial Palace. After she found my name, we were able to check in early (3:30 p.m.), but teh clerk said, "If I wasn't on the phone for so long, you could've already been in your room!". I was a little upset but only because we were in such a rush to get to our concert on time.

When we got to the room we found a king, although we reserved a double queen. After we returned from the concert, I brought it up to the clerk and she said they were sold out of double queens and a reservation didn't necessarily guarantee a room. After a while, we managed to move to a double queen room with a view of the marina. From that point on, the staff was very nice.

The rooms were spacious, the view was nice, but I thought the carpet could be cleaner. Room service was impeccable and the check out went smoothly. The casino was packed and the rest of the hotel looked very nice. I hope that my experience with the front desk staff was just a fluke - maybe they were just having a bad day. My suggestion to you, do NOT make reservations through their website - they told me that it's a completely different service and not in sync with the hotel. Although the staff redeemed themselves somewhat, I will probably try another hotel when I go back to Biloxi.