“Good, smoke free hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mobile, Alabama
“Good, smoke free hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Stayed at this hotel not knowing what to expect since it is not one of the big names on the Southern Mississippi Casino scene. was drawn by the non-smoking policy of the hotel. Rooms were fine, plenty of slot machines and reasonable stakes tables for Blackjack and other card games -- AND smoke-free! Rooms were fine - I would say above average. Encountered good customer service. The pool was a bit small and there was some disappointment that much of the pool area was taken up by cabanas that were available only for a fee. Also, pool area was short-staffed by one person working like mad. Overall enjoyed the stay and when back in Biloxi, this hotel is where I will stay. Food was good in the restaurant, especially at the steak restaurant in the hotel (Mignon's). Very nice to have free wifi without all the usual login tasks and charges.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Husband and I stayed at The Palace in August for my birthday and our Anniversary. We got a good price on our room. I booked online using our players card. All staff that we ran into were wonderful and helpful. Room had two queen size beds and a refrigerator. Slots were plentiful and I never had a problem getting on the ones that I liked. We tried some of the other casinos but like The Palace the best! The people at the players club desk and the slot attendants were all wonderful and very helpful. Comps were generous. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor, had a nice view, but not in the room that much.....
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived on our Anniversary..August,28th, we were greeted with very friendly staff. From valet to the front desk, EVERYONE was kind and helpful. When we entered into our room, we were greeted with a bottle of champagne on ice and a nice bouquet of balloons wishing us a Happy Anniversary!! How awesome is that!! Our room 1021, which is a corner room near the elevator is very nice. You don't hear anything..no noise..nada..zilch.. Very quiet. The view is great!!
You'll see yachts, the drive on dock and the Gulf is nice as well. Honestly, whoever came up with the concept of an smoke free resort...GOOD JOB AND THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

First time booking a room in a casino hotel ever, I do believe. Even though post-Katrina so, therefore, fairly new construction, I expected...Idk...casino-looking carpet and wallpaper in the hallways and rooms; casino-tasting cafeteria-food; bored, old school casino-type employees and, you know, that smokey, slot machine casino smell.

But not at the Palace. I've never been in a fresher, cleaner smelling, spotlessly clean hotel...even in Singapore. Smokers *are* allowed here but are religated to the Smoker's Lounge.

Our room (724) is equally as pristine, contemporary in design with gray tinted wood, crown molding, stainless steel pulls on the dresser and both desks. (I have pics to post but don't know yet if this android app accommodates posting pics.) Spacious bathroom with teakwood seat in bathtub/shower, plush cotton bathmat and unusual sterling silver molding where the tile floor meets the wall. Great water pressure, steady water temperature, and the poor drainage in the sink was repaired by the time we returned to our room late afternoon.

The Palace Buffet concerned us at first because we saw a slow-moving line outside it...a 10 minute wait because everyone pays first. (Lunch for we two was $27 and change.) Once seated we saw that the food selections were divided into areas called Flames, Comfort, Coastal and Wok. Curious arrangement but once we visited each area it made sense and was fun. Comfort food: au gratin potatoes, collard greens, mexicali corn, fried green tomatoes, fried chicken livers and such. Yum. Flames food: smoked slabs of tender pork ribs, sliced smoked turkey, steaks cooked to order, baked beans and such. Coastal food: boiled prawn-sized shrimp, fried shrmp, boiled corn and red skin potatoes and such. Attentive, friendly servers sweep by our table to check on us and bring condiments, refill drinks, etc at just the right time. (We left her a modest but nice $5 tip.) I didn't try the desserts but all the food I tasted was delicious...closer to homemade than merely opening a can of pork and beans, baking them and calling them baked beans.

Every employee we encountered was conversational, sincerely friendly and ready to help. We would definitely choose this hotel during future trips to the Mississippi gulf coast.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

As we were researching places to stay in Biloxi, I noticed the Palace was promoting its non-smoking casino. I proposed that we stay there but my daughter preferred the more widely publicized Beau Rivage. Her preference eventually won the day primarily because of a wonderful room deal we managed to secure. After our arrival, we did decide to visit the Palace and sample their atmosphere and we were delighted by the clean air in the casino. Although we did not have any issues at the Beau (except the somewhat stale smell in the room detected by my wife's very sensitive nostrils), we will certainly plan to stay at the Palace on our next occasion to stay in Biloxi - assuming their non-smoking policy is still in effect.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I can not get over how great this casino was. My wife and I have been to the Gulfport, Biloxi area often and we found it for the first time. It is smoke free. I am a smoker and loved it. They do have a smokers lounge if you need to use it. IF YOU GO DO NOT PASS THE BUFFET. IT IS THE BEST BUFFET ON TGE COAST.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed here for a lengthy visit while working. Love, love ,love that this is a smoke-free hotel.....buffet has many choices but can get pricey......the Stacked burger place is amazingly good, as well as the deli.....the rooms are modern and very comfortable.....my room was clean and well kept.....there is plenty of parking...larger spaces......there is a great big pier by the hotel that many fish or walk on....a city splash pad is within walking distance, as well as a nice pool here...free, reliable wi-fi....I had a beautiful view of the bay....the only two complaints I have are 1. My room had an adjoining door to another room...there were a few nights during my stay where the neighbors had small children or couples enjoying each other's company (putting it nicely) and that EVERY conversation, etc can be heard as if they are in your room....they could fix this easily..... And 2. The doors slamming at all hours.....fix, please....put some type of sealant stripping or something.....other than those two issues, this is a very nice hotel with great staff..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Palace Casino Resort? Share your experiences!