“Non-smoking Facility is Great!” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Four Diamond Award
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
The Woodlands, Texas
“Non-smoking Facility is Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

As we were researching places to stay in Biloxi, I noticed the Palace was promoting its non-smoking casino. I proposed that we stay there but my daughter preferred the more widely publicized Beau Rivage. Her preference eventually won the day primarily because of a wonderful room deal we managed to secure. After our arrival, we did decide to visit the Palace and sample their atmosphere and we were delighted by the clean air in the casino. Although we did not have any issues at the Beau (except the somewhat stale smell in the room detected by my wife's very sensitive nostrils), we will certainly plan to stay at the Palace on our next occasion to stay in Biloxi - assuming their non-smoking policy is still in effect.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I can not get over how great this casino was. My wife and I have been to the Gulfport, Biloxi area often and we found it for the first time. It is smoke free. I am a smoker and loved it. They do have a smokers lounge if you need to use it. IF YOU GO DO NOT PASS THE BUFFET. IT IS THE BEST BUFFET ON TGE COAST.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed here for a lengthy visit while working. Love, love ,love that this is a smoke-free hotel.....buffet has many choices but can get pricey......the Stacked burger place is amazingly good, as well as the deli.....the rooms are modern and very comfortable.....my room was clean and well kept.....there is plenty of parking...larger spaces......there is a great big pier by the hotel that many fish or walk on....a city splash pad is within walking distance, as well as a nice pool here...free, reliable wi-fi....I had a beautiful view of the bay....the only two complaints I have are 1. My room had an adjoining door to another room...there were a few nights during my stay where the neighbors had small children or couples enjoying each other's company (putting it nicely) and that EVERY conversation, etc can be heard as if they are in your room....they could fix this easily..... And 2. The doors slamming at all hours.....fix, please....put some type of sealant stripping or something.....other than those two issues, this is a very nice hotel with great staff..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Ravenswood,WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We made our reservations while we were driving on our way to Biloxi. "No problem, we'll be waiting on you". As stated they were. No problem with check-in. $100.00 security deposit, refunded later, plus discount for veteran. The resort is security oriented, which is great. You have to have room key to even get on the elevator to go to your floor. They have a great casino, that isn't as large as in Las Vegas or some others we've encountered, but great none the less. The service was great, they watched your car while checking in also offering Valet parking. This place was very easy to navigate into the facility and while at the facility, unlike most in Las Vegas. It is smoke free, but offers a smoke lounge for those that do just off the casino, and restaurant/bar area. Lots of comments about this, but the place doesn't have that musky cigarette smell you get in most casino resort rooms. Didn't go to any of the other casinos, as they are really scattered about in Biloxi, unlike pre-Katrina. This property is on the water, although I didn't a see beach access here, and not sure of any that might. These is a Pier you can drive on and fish off, as well as a slip to park your Yacht, if you happen to have one. We used this as a home base for 3 days to travel to and from New Orleans. We were also interested in the post Katrina effect as the last time we were here was in 2004, the year before Katrina. Was told the Palace as well as others, were flooded up to the 3rd floor, so everything there was down had to be rebuilt. They did a great job, no expense seems to have been spared. Walking in to a large open foyer, uncluttered and very well appointed and laid out, easy to navigate, and a welcome appearance, made this a Great Experience.

Room Tip: All rooms as well as the casino are smoke free. Use the Veterans discount, although not really neces...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to the gulf coast for his birthday. I don't remember telling the booking agent that we were celebrating a birthday but when we arrived to our room there was a ballon bouquet on the table with candies attached. It was a sweet surprise. Although our room was very modern and updated the location was next to the vending and ice machine which made it a little noisy. The Casino was fun. I'm not much of a gambler but I did enjoy the experience. The rates was awesome. That was the real reason I chose this resort. The food at the buffet was pretty good. An average buffet. I liked that if you bought a coffee at the cafe you got free refills all day!

• Stayed July 2014
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed 6 & 7 Aug 2014. The price was right and we were given a military discount. The room was excellent with new furniture and FREE WI-FI; not like Harrah's. All employees from bell man, valet, front desk ladies and buffet employees. I was not impressed with the buffet although there was a large variety to choose from. Maybe because it was a Wed night. 7 out of 10. Lost at the slots as most folks do, but after some play, using a player's card, we were given a credit of 1/2 off the buffet and after additional play was given $15. worth of FREE play. As I already stated, employees were great including the casino staff.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view. We had a corner suite on the 7th floor, two walls of win...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The best feature of this hotel/casino is it is totally smoke free.

Hotel: The rooms are clean, large, and comfortable. When I first vacationed here two years ago the rooms were functional more than luxurious. Since the renovation, the rooms are more luxurious than functional. Each room comes with an electronic safe, refrigerator, large flat screen television, and tub/shower combo with a large shower head. Weekday prices are a great value. A room with a view is worth the extra money.

Casino: Smoke Free! Dealers are friendly, and table games have low minimum bets, e.g. $3.00 blackjack, craps, and roulette during the week. Blackjack rules are favorable to the player. Since this place attracts an older crowd, there are very few if any loud, obnoxious, drunks in the casino.

Dining: Mignon's provides excellent food and service. The $35.00 fixed-price three course meal serves up high quality food and is an excellent value. The buffet is good--much better than when I first ate there two years ago. The grill provides large portions of good food at reasonable prices.

Amenities: The saltwater pool is terrific. The water is as smooth as silk and the temperature is perfect. The hot tub is large and the water temperature is also perfect. The pool area is an excellent place to rest and relax. The service at the spa is also excellent. Massages are reasonable priced, and the technicians are highly skilled. The spa also provides wet and dry sauna, showers, and (in the men's side) basic grooming supplies. Contact bar is a fine place to watch sports and drink a beer or cocktail.

Improvements: Attention management: If you want the Palace to be a top notch resort, you should make the following improvements in descending order of importance.

1. Keep the spa open 7 days a week. Perhaps add a barber shop/salon.
2. Expand the hours and days of room service. There is nothing more relaxing or self indulgent than breakfast in bed.
3. Keep Mignons open 7 days a week.

I'll be back.

Room Tip: I think a room with a view is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to Palace Casino Resort? Share your experiences!