“"Loved it"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Pensacola, Florida
“"Loved it"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We come to Biloxi alot and have stayed at different casinos. The Palace is great.. Smoke free.. Friendly.. Clean and close to everything! The new rooms are amazing they remind me of Hard Rock without the smoke smell. The only negative is the table game attendants ( roulette) are dull and boring.. If they were more excited and fun they might keep people playing longer!! There were 2 fun ones .. Stephanie and Judy!! We will be back and will stay at the Palace!!!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

That may seem surprising for a destination with a Hard Rock and the Beau Rivage, but I will be returning to this property before any of the others. I recently stayed at this property for a night in late March 2013, due to the fact that I stayed here years ago (pre-renovation, 2007) and for the price at that time I was not disappointed, so I figured I would go for it again to save money. This was one of those decisions you brag about as a hidden gem, from the moment we checked in with free champagne, I knew this was the right choice. The staff was incredibly nice. The smoke free casino was a major hit with me and my fiancee, it was so nice to enjoy some gaming without smelling like an ashtray. The rooms were remodeled and had a contemporary feel and were very clean. The bathroom, while small, was well done and modern. I felt the casino also had a newer/trendier decor than the Beau for sure. It also wasn't over crowded. If you are looking to have a great experience in Biloxi, do yourself a favor and stay here, you'll save at least $100 off the avg rate at the Beau and at least $200 off the avg rate at the Hard Rock... If you really need to go to those places, take a cab. You won't regret coming back to your clean modern room and smoke free casino at night. However, I'd recommend just staying and utilizing the casino/bars/restaurants at the Palace, I would put the casino up against any on the coast. Check out the sports bar, Contact, it offered all the TVs you could imagine. My one regret is we got back from a concert too late to experience Mignons for a drink. It was around 11:45 PM on a Saturday, wish they had stayed open until 1 or so on the weekend (I was happy to contribute more money to the property), but that did not sour my experience. I hope they keep their prices reasonable at this property because I would like to return as soon as I can.

tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I chose the Palace Hotel for my gambling trip because it's the only non smoking hotel in the area. The rooms was recently renovated and I had a great view of the Gulf of Mexico. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was average size but, very modern. The casino was fun with good service with free drinks. The buffet was an amazing culinary experience. I ate at the buffet breakfast and lunch in different days. Plenty of food, different varieties, great taste. Check in was fast. There is a Hopper stop right in front of the lobby.
Overall, my experience at the Palace was excellent and I would definitely book it again.

• Liked — Non smoking hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, and not a hint of cigarette SMOKE! If you are looking to have a fun visit in a Casino and not leave smelling like an ash tray; look no further. Check in was fast and the complimentary champagne was a great way to kick off the afternoon. The rooms are recently renovated and are very modern and clean. The buffet was overwhelming and delicious, and the fried chicken could quite possibly be the best we ever had. I tripled my money on a wheel of fortune machine, and will return to this Casino in the very near future. Be sure to get your players card prior to visiting the buffet to receive a discount.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was our second trip to Palace Casino Resort in Biloxi (see Nov. 1, 2012 review). The newly renovated rooms were impressive. We enjoyed the beautiful spacious room with the great view (worth spending the additional $20) and the wonderful comfortable bed. Kudos to the floor staffer, for his immediate response to the report of cigarette smoke smell. Customer service at front desk was less than expected is the reason my overall rating is not higher. Front desk at check in was friendly and welcoming, but the next morning attitudes were different (stood there for assistance, but ignored...not even a will be with you shortly). One person on the phone, one helping a customer and another two having conversation with each other. We will be back and highly recommend staying at the Palace Casino Resort.

Room Tip: Highly recommend paying the additional cost for a room with a view.
Lillian, Al.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

It is very very nice to not smell like stale cigarette smoke at the end of the night. I wouldn't call it a fancy gaudy casino like some of the others and to me that is a good thing. We enjoyed our stay recently and will return for sure. I highly recommend a stay at the Palace.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My stay at the Palace was by far the best hotel stay I ever had!! From the time my boyfriend and i pulled up we were greeted by the helfpul valet staff. Upon checking in, the front desk attendents were so nice!! Then to top it off we received complimentary champange and fresh cut strawberries( grapes/ honeydew) and assorted cheese from the hostess in the lobby..very impressive. After making it to our room we found it to be simply fantastic decor..and to top it off my request to have happy birthday balloons/ gourmet chocolates/ birthday card to be placed in the room for my boyfriend's birthday was honored( which i had called earlier in the week to request).so much thanks to the hotel mgmt and staff for honoring my request..my boyfriend was surprised and happy and i was happy:) Also I looovvvee that this is a non- smoking casino..i could actually breath w/o choking on smoke lol...a big plus in my book:) Lastly we ate the breakfast buffet the day of check out and it was sooo good! Then my boyfriend wanted to get a nap in before we got on the road, so i called the front desk and they honored us with a hour later checkout..I could not have asked for a better stay and such great customer service!! We visit the Coast about 4 times a year and will definitely stay here again and again:)

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Palace Casino Resort? Share your experiences!