“Non Smoking Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
tampa
“Non Smoking Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I chose the Palace Hotel for my gambling trip because it's the only non smoking hotel in the area. The rooms was recently renovated and I had a great view of the Gulf of Mexico. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was average size but, very modern. The casino was fun with good service with free drinks. The buffet was an amazing culinary experience. I ate at the buffet breakfast and lunch in different days. Plenty of food, different varieties, great taste. Check in was fast. There is a Hopper stop right in front of the lobby.
Overall, my experience at the Palace was excellent and I would definitely book it again.

• Liked — Non smoking hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, and not a hint of cigarette SMOKE! If you are looking to have a fun visit in a Casino and not leave smelling like an ash tray; look no further. Check in was fast and the complimentary champagne was a great way to kick off the afternoon. The rooms are recently renovated and are very modern and clean. The buffet was overwhelming and delicious, and the fried chicken could quite possibly be the best we ever had. I tripled my money on a wheel of fortune machine, and will return to this Casino in the very near future. Be sure to get your players card prior to visiting the buffet to receive a discount.

• Stayed March 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was our second trip to Palace Casino Resort in Biloxi (see Nov. 1, 2012 review). The newly renovated rooms were impressive. We enjoyed the beautiful spacious room with the great view (worth spending the additional $20) and the wonderful comfortable bed. Kudos to the floor staffer, for his immediate response to the report of cigarette smoke smell. Customer service at front desk was less than expected is the reason my overall rating is not higher. Front desk at check in was friendly and welcoming, but the next morning attitudes were different (stood there for assistance, but ignored...not even a will be with you shortly). One person on the phone, one helping a customer and another two having conversation with each other. We will be back and highly recommend staying at the Palace Casino Resort.

Room Tip: Highly recommend paying the additional cost for a room with a view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lillian, Al.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

It is very very nice to not smell like stale cigarette smoke at the end of the night. I wouldn't call it a fancy gaudy casino like some of the others and to me that is a good thing. We enjoyed our stay recently and will return for sure. I highly recommend a stay at the Palace.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My stay at the Palace was by far the best hotel stay I ever had!! From the time my boyfriend and i pulled up we were greeted by the helfpul valet staff. Upon checking in, the front desk attendents were so nice!! Then to top it off we received complimentary champange and fresh cut strawberries( grapes/ honeydew) and assorted cheese from the hostess in the lobby..very impressive. After making it to our room we found it to be simply fantastic decor..and to top it off my request to have happy birthday balloons/ gourmet chocolates/ birthday card to be placed in the room for my boyfriend's birthday was honored( which i had called earlier in the week to request).so much thanks to the hotel mgmt and staff for honoring my request..my boyfriend was surprised and happy and i was happy:) Also I looovvvee that this is a non- smoking casino..i could actually breath w/o choking on smoke lol...a big plus in my book:) Lastly we ate the breakfast buffet the day of check out and it was sooo good! Then my boyfriend wanted to get a nap in before we got on the road, so i called the front desk and they honored us with a hour later checkout..I could not have asked for a better stay and such great customer service!! We visit the Coast about 4 times a year and will definitely stay here again and again:)

• Stayed March 2013
Canton, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have always loved staying at the Palace. Before Hurricane Katrina, I stayed here about 10 times a year. It is still a great place to stay. It is now all non-smoking and that makes it unique as far as casinos go. In the other casinos even if you reserve a non-smoking room you often are told at check in that none are available or end up in a non-smoking room that smells like smoke. That won't happen here. They are currently renovating so there might be some noise during the day. I heard it in the morning but it wouldn't have been loud enough to disturb my sleep. The rooms are nice and I love returning.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the bay side have the best views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

very nice rooms for the money --rooms with bay view better but all overrides the fact that casino and rooms are non smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that alone is worth the price to us. restaurants a little pricey. casino is a casino--if you do not expect to win you will not be disappointed but no worse than the others---did I mention non smoking ----hooray!

Room Tip: bay side rooms with view are best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palace Casino Resort? Share your experiences!