“Smoke Free” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Lillian, Al.
“Smoke Free”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

It is very very nice to not smell like stale cigarette smoke at the end of the night. I wouldn't call it a fancy gaudy casino like some of the others and to me that is a good thing. We enjoyed our stay recently and will return for sure. I highly recommend a stay at the Palace.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My stay at the Palace was by far the best hotel stay I ever had!! From the time my boyfriend and i pulled up we were greeted by the helfpul valet staff. Upon checking in, the front desk attendents were so nice!! Then to top it off we received complimentary champange and fresh cut strawberries( grapes/ honeydew) and assorted cheese from the hostess in the lobby..very impressive. After making it to our room we found it to be simply fantastic decor..and to top it off my request to have happy birthday balloons/ gourmet chocolates/ birthday card to be placed in the room for my boyfriend's birthday was honored( which i had called earlier in the week to request).so much thanks to the hotel mgmt and staff for honoring my request..my boyfriend was surprised and happy and i was happy:) Also I looovvvee that this is a non- smoking casino..i could actually breath w/o choking on smoke lol...a big plus in my book:) Lastly we ate the breakfast buffet the day of check out and it was sooo good! Then my boyfriend wanted to get a nap in before we got on the road, so i called the front desk and they honored us with a hour later checkout..I could not have asked for a better stay and such great customer service!! We visit the Coast about 4 times a year and will definitely stay here again and again:)

Canton, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have always loved staying at the Palace. Before Hurricane Katrina, I stayed here about 10 times a year. It is still a great place to stay. It is now all non-smoking and that makes it unique as far as casinos go. In the other casinos even if you reserve a non-smoking room you often are told at check in that none are available or end up in a non-smoking room that smells like smoke. That won't happen here. They are currently renovating so there might be some noise during the day. I heard it in the morning but it wouldn't have been loud enough to disturb my sleep. The rooms are nice and I love returning.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the bay side have the best views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

very nice rooms for the money --rooms with bay view better but all overrides the fact that casino and rooms are non smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that alone is worth the price to us. restaurants a little pricey. casino is a casino--if you do not expect to win you will not be disappointed but no worse than the others---did I mention non smoking ----hooray!

Room Tip: bay side rooms with view are best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I simply love the renovations. The renovations make this property spectacular. During our stay for my mother's birthday, we requested a late checkout which the front desk quickly obliged. However I'm rather disappointed with the lack of balloons, chocolates, or card in the room. I mentioned several times during reservations as well as during check in that its my mother's birthday. I noticed throughout several reviews that with just a mere mention of a birthday celebration other guests received fantastic customer service. I'm quite puzzled on why my mother did not receive the same treatment. Also I would just like it to be noted that this is the second year celebrating my mother's birthday at palace casino ..... Didn't get the birthday welcome last year either. Maybe we should blow the candles out on celebrating birthdays here.

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

For the last 15 yrs, I have been disappointed with other beachfront casino smokey atmospheres and declining taste buffets. I was apprehensive about ever eating a buffet again, but saw the review for Palace and decided to give it a try for my birthday weekend. WOW is all I can say. There was nothing on the buffet I didn't like. My entire family (kids ages 10-13) even enjoyed it. Hubby loved the prime ribs. BEST seafood entrees in Biloxi and they season the food just like home in LA. We ate a late lunch and it was so affordable with tons of seafood options and prime ribs. Dessert bar was endless. :) Staff was so pleasant any time we talked to them or asked questions. I even doubled my money on slots and got a free gift for my birthday when I signed up for Players card. Far better in service customer than a nameless casino next door that's new. (Hint hint). Other casinos I went to in the Fall for concerts and I was totally miserable with all the cigarette smoke. My eyes would burn and I had a headache by end of night. Nothing against smokers, but I don't feel I need to suffer for their own habit so take it outside. So incredibly nice to have a smoke-free environment at the Palace. Kudos for that!!!! Romantic and cozy atmosphere with topnotch class. My only regret was not booking a room there once I found out they are half the price of other casino hotels. Though it's not beach front..easy 2 min drive from Beach Blvd with easy self parking or valet. My next trip to Biloxi...Palace Casino will be my first and only stop for food, fun, and hotel accomodations. Awesome!!!

Mandeville Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We just got back from a weekend stay at The Palace Casino Resort to celebrate our daughter's 21st birthday & I couldn't wait to share with everyone what a great place this is to stay. We were greeted at check-in with champagne, cheese & fruit which was a very classy touch. Check-in was simple & efficient & the lobby seating was beautiful. When we got to the room there were birthday balloons, gourmet chocolates & a birthday card waiting for my daughter---we didn't request this, I had just casually mentioned we were coming in for her birthday when I made the reservations. These are the kind of perks that make a hotel special & we were so impressed that this was done for her. Needless to say, she was tickled. The hotel renovations are so remarkable this hotel in my opinion can rival the Beau Rivage & surpass it because it is a totally smoke-free property...yes, even the casino is smokeless! The rooms are very tastefully decorated & the bathrooms were very modern & had a wonderful rain shower. The rest of the property is gorgeous. The spa, Pure, looked fabulous & I can't wait to go back & have a treatment soon. They have a neat 24 hour bakery & coffee shop, a full buffet, grill that reminded me of an old fashion diner & a steakhouse called Mignon's. The sports bar,Contact, was so incredible we can't wait to go watch a football game there in the fall. They also have a really nice pool area with a food & bar there as well. I could go on & on but just suffice it to say that if you like a first class, smoke free hotel & casino then there really is no other place to stay or play. As a final comment, the casino was also a great experience & the personnel were very friendly & the variety & size of the casino was just right. This is now our first choice in hotels in Biloxi.

Room Tip: Get a players club card for hotel room comps.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Palace Casino Resort? Share your experiences!