“Didn't stay at the hotel but the buffet is Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
July Special from $69!
Ranked #4 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Didn't stay at the hotel but the buffet is Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We went to the Palace Casino Buffet a few days ago and man was I impressed! The Casino itself is right near the water and there's a beautiful view even from just the parking-ramp. The casino itself is really classy looking (and for all of you non-smokers the whole casino is non smoking) and the room that the buffet is in is gorgeous. Everything we ate was excellent (other than the cornbread stuffing, that was really salty). The collard greens were so good I kept going up for more, the crawfish pie was good, the catfish almost melted in my mouth, the prime rib was exceptional, even the rolls were wonderful. We're in town for a couple more weeks and will be going back again. Probably for lunch though, dinner is $22 dollars a person and while it's worth it, it's kind of a lot for a girl like me. The lunch buffet is around $12 a person, that's more my speed :-)

• Stayed December 2012

436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Ellenton, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Was in Biloxi, and decided to venture out to some of the local casinos/Hotels. Ended up at the Palace Casino resort and was so amazed by how clean it was. While there, hey tried our luck in Casino and WOW would be the word. The lobby areas and SERVICE was well above the avaerage. I have told veryone about how impressed I am with this place. People friendly does say enough about the employees who served us during the visit. Simply the Best.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

It is so nice to be able to gamble and breathe. I just don't gamble that much due to the smoke filled casinos that are so prevalent. My husband and I played craps and blackjack. Krystle at the blackjack table was a hoot! She entertained us and gave us lessons along the way. Of course, she eventually took all our money!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

By now you've read all of the reviews about the good and the bad here at the Palace. This was our second stay and we continued to get most all of the good. From the time we checked in until we checked out 6 days later we couldn't have been treated any better. From the hotel staff, including the cleaning lady, to the casino staff, to the valet and even anybody we ran into from security, we we're treated like they we're happy to have us there. Now the TV's are woefully outdated (with our large room you could not make out anything that was put on the screen in writing, especially from bed) and the internet sometimes comes and goes, the ability to walk around and not having to put up with smokers or end up smelling like a smoker, more than makes up for everything. We did finally eat at the buffet and it was pretty much the standard Biloxi buffet available around town, nothing really stood out, but also nothing was disappointing. The only thing that I have noticed is that I have never been told about the availability of their golf course, The Preserve in both of our trips here. We come to Biloxi from the north to golf, gamble, shop and eat. The fact that I am always wearing a hat that says Titleist on it and never get asked about golfing there is odd. The others may have somewhat nicer accommodations, the answer is maybe, but they are not that much better or $50 per night better. I know because we have stayed at some of the self proclaimed "best" in the past and the Palace is where we're decided to call home. We'll be back again in late March or early April and that's all you really need to know.

Room Tip: Go High for a good view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Milton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Were only going to stay a night. Were going to stay at another hotel had booked for $100 a night, but when we got there Nov 1, 2012, they had closed pool. It was 80 and solid sunshine.
So we canceled, drove across street to the Palace. Pool was open and room was $50. Boy was I glad other hotel closed pool. This hotel/casino is 100% nonsmoking. As a hotel alone, this place is really nice. Clean, everything is well maintained, upscale, almost luxurious. The rooms are very, very clean, We stayed on 10th floor and what a view of the gulf! The pool, although the path to it was a little different, was very well landscaped, on the edge of the back bay , next to a marina. They had nice hot tub too. It was so nice we stayed a second night. Did a little gambling and it is so sweet to sit at a roulette wheel without cigars and cigarettes! I might return to this area, just to stay here again. Yeah and the staff is really nice too.

Room Tip: ask for high room facing gulf. Also since it was November took my own cooler to pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Daphne, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed overnight before going to New Orleans for a day trip: one person in our party is a gambler, one is not, and one is a couple months away from turning 21. The casino security personnel gave my daughter the wristband that signified she was not of age and made sure to check it each time we went by their desk. We selected the Palace because it was smoke free (the front desk clerks said business was booming because of it) and the low-priced rooms during mid-week were a plus. We made reservations in June for the week of Thanksgiving, saw the price had gone down and just a few days before arrival decided to stay a night earlier than originally planned, and everything was adjusted properly.

The two front desk clerks at check-in and check-out were friendly, professional and helpful. My sister's room was on a different floor than ours and we had agreed that she would come to our room in about 20 minutes after she unpacked. I don't stay in casino hotels so maybe this is old news to those that stay all the time, but I had to call the front desk with a question. You have to insert your room key into the elevator panel and push the floor your room was on in order to get there. That meant my sister could not use the elevator (or stairs) with her room key to gain access to our floor. A good security feature, once the front desk explained it to me.

We decided to have dinner in the Contact Sports Bar and were almost the only party in there. Our meals were good but the server was confused as to how to ring our order, but got the answer and he was great. We had our our 7am breakfast in the Stacked Grill before leaving for New Orleans and what a nice, little place - I asked our server why it was so small and she said they needed more seating. The buffet only serves breakfast on the weekend, and she said at times more weekend guests wanted to be served in the Grill instead and they couldn't be accommodated. She was the only server, did a fabulous job and the breakfast was a lot of good food for a reasonable price.

Our room was a bit outdated (no flat screen TVs yet) and the bathroom was an odd shade of blue. I only noticed the anti-slip bathtub mat in the straw basket when I reached for a towel after my shower was done, when I held on for dear life to the grab bar so I wouldn't slip. I missed not having a refrigerator, even though I knew one would not be in the room, so hopefully they will add them when renovations are done. The view was great from our room, the beds comfortable and I'd return to stay again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Palace is our first choice for Biloxi not only for being smoke-free but also for being a first class establishment. We stayed 2 nights and our room was very nice and very clean. All of the employees were so friendly and helpful. We ate our breakfast at the Grill and had a good meal. I would make the Place my first choice for a place to stay and play in Biloxi!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Palace Casino Resort? Share your experiences!