“I can breathe!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Palace Casino Resort to your Saves list
Palace Casino Resort
158 Howard Avenue, Biloxi, MS 39533   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekdays starting at $69!
Ranked #5 of 45 hotels in Biloxi
North Carolina
“I can breathe!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

It is so nice to be able to gamble and breathe. I just don't gamble that much due to the smoke filled casinos that are so prevalent. My husband and I played craps and blackjack. Krystle at the blackjack table was a hoot! She entertained us and gave us lessons along the way. Of course, she eventually took all our money!

385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

By now you've read all of the reviews about the good and the bad here at the Palace. This was our second stay and we continued to get most all of the good. From the time we checked in until we checked out 6 days later we couldn't have been treated any better. From the hotel staff, including the cleaning lady, to the casino staff, to the valet and even anybody we ran into from security, we we're treated like they we're happy to have us there. Now the TV's are woefully outdated (with our large room you could not make out anything that was put on the screen in writing, especially from bed) and the internet sometimes comes and goes, the ability to walk around and not having to put up with smokers or end up smelling like a smoker, more than makes up for everything. We did finally eat at the buffet and it was pretty much the standard Biloxi buffet available around town, nothing really stood out, but also nothing was disappointing. The only thing that I have noticed is that I have never been told about the availability of their golf course, The Preserve in both of our trips here. We come to Biloxi from the north to golf, gamble, shop and eat. The fact that I am always wearing a hat that says Titleist on it and never get asked about golfing there is odd. The others may have somewhat nicer accommodations, the answer is maybe, but they are not that much better or $50 per night better. I know because we have stayed at some of the self proclaimed "best" in the past and the Palace is where we're decided to call home. We'll be back again in late March or early April and that's all you really need to know.

Room Tip: Go High for a good view!
Lake Milton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Were only going to stay a night. Were going to stay at another hotel had booked for $100 a night, but when we got there Nov 1, 2012, they had closed pool. It was 80 and solid sunshine.
So we canceled, drove across street to the Palace. Pool was open and room was $50. Boy was I glad other hotel closed pool. This hotel/casino is 100% nonsmoking. As a hotel alone, this place is really nice. Clean, everything is well maintained, upscale, almost luxurious. The rooms are very, very clean, We stayed on 10th floor and what a view of the gulf! The pool, although the path to it was a little different, was very well landscaped, on the edge of the back bay , next to a marina. They had nice hot tub too. It was so nice we stayed a second night. Did a little gambling and it is so sweet to sit at a roulette wheel without cigars and cigarettes! I might return to this area, just to stay here again. Yeah and the staff is really nice too.

Room Tip: ask for high room facing gulf. Also since it was November took my own cooler to pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Daphne, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed overnight before going to New Orleans for a day trip: one person in our party is a gambler, one is not, and one is a couple months away from turning 21. The casino security personnel gave my daughter the wristband that signified she was not of age and made sure to check it each time we went by their desk. We selected the Palace because it was smoke free (the front desk clerks said business was booming because of it) and the low-priced rooms during mid-week were a plus. We made reservations in June for the week of Thanksgiving, saw the price had gone down and just a few days before arrival decided to stay a night earlier than originally planned, and everything was adjusted properly.

The two front desk clerks at check-in and check-out were friendly, professional and helpful. My sister's room was on a different floor than ours and we had agreed that she would come to our room in about 20 minutes after she unpacked. I don't stay in casino hotels so maybe this is old news to those that stay all the time, but I had to call the front desk with a question. You have to insert your room key into the elevator panel and push the floor your room was on in order to get there. That meant my sister could not use the elevator (or stairs) with her room key to gain access to our floor. A good security feature, once the front desk explained it to me.

We decided to have dinner in the Contact Sports Bar and were almost the only party in there. Our meals were good but the server was confused as to how to ring our order, but got the answer and he was great. We had our our 7am breakfast in the Stacked Grill before leaving for New Orleans and what a nice, little place - I asked our server why it was so small and she said they needed more seating. The buffet only serves breakfast on the weekend, and she said at times more weekend guests wanted to be served in the Grill instead and they couldn't be accommodated. She was the only server, did a fabulous job and the breakfast was a lot of good food for a reasonable price.

Our room was a bit outdated (no flat screen TVs yet) and the bathroom was an odd shade of blue. I only noticed the anti-slip bathtub mat in the straw basket when I reached for a towel after my shower was done, when I held on for dear life to the grab bar so I wouldn't slip. I missed not having a refrigerator, even though I knew one would not be in the room, so hopefully they will add them when renovations are done. The view was great from our room, the beds comfortable and I'd return to stay again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Palace is our first choice for Biloxi not only for being smoke-free but also for being a first class establishment. We stayed 2 nights and our room was very nice and very clean. All of the employees were so friendly and helpful. We ate our breakfast at the Grill and had a good meal. I would make the Place my first choice for a place to stay and play in Biloxi!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our second stay at the Palace and enjoyed it as much as the first one. The casino, check in, and restaurant areas are beautifully renovated with warm rich colors. The smoke free hotel and casino is a plus, plus in my opinion. The rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable but do need a little updating. We can't wait to visit again!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Really enjoyed the smoke free hotel and casino, what a breath of fresh air! The room was dated (older TV and furniture) but still looked good...wife was happy with it. Room was clean and spacious with great view, great restful nights on the comfortable bed. All areas outside of the rooms nicely renovated. Nice lady at front desk said phase II of the renovations in 2013 will update rooms. Casino and restaurant staff very friendly and informative, especially the black-jack 3-card dealer L.B. Wife and I really enjoyed our three days there! We left with our sinus not clogged, fresh smelling clothes and a little extra change in our pockets :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palace Casino Resort? Share your experiences!