“"Love this place"” 5 of 5 stars

You added Palace Casino Resort to your Saves list
Palace Casino Resort
158 Howard Avenue, Biloxi, MS 39533   |
Offers & Announcements
October Special from $49!
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Pensacola, Florida
“"Love this place"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Love this hotel and casino. Smoke free is wonderful. The Stacked Cafe has amazing food. The only bad part is the TV's.. They are really old and can't see the picture good. Staff is nice the only thing I would say is the table games staff isn't as friendly and act kinda blah.. They need to show more excitement so it's a more fun experience . Will be back !!!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I usually stay at Beau Rivage but wanted to try Palace since the remodel and smoke free policy. I was not disappointed. The casino has everything you want and smells great. The room was large and clean. Bathroom was small but clean with plenty of plush towels.

The spa here is not as large or elaborate as Beau or Hard Rock but the service and treatment was great.

Mignon's is an excellent restaurant with superb service. Wish there was a nightclub or ultra lounge.

The only negatives I have are that the room tv needs to be replaced, pool service is slow, and wifi is sketchy. Overall it's likely the best deal on coast for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms 19 & 21 on each floor have poor to non-existent wifi signal.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We just returned from our first trip to Biloxi. After lots of research, we booked rooms at the Palace. What a wonderful place. The rooms are large, extra clean, and the beds are really comfortable! We traveled with another couple and enjoyed our stay very much! We visited all the other casinos in the area, and came away knowing that we had made the right choice by staying at the Palace. It's a great value. The people are friendly, and the non-smoking property (including the casino) is a big plus!! The Beau is nice, but was super crowded the night we were there, and is very noisy. The Hard Rock is also a nice place; we enjoyed their buffet; on Wednesday and Friday it is $10.99 with your player's card. We also ate at The Buffet at the Isle, once for breakfast and once for dinner....very good both times! We drove to New Orleans one day and Pensacola to visit the Naval Museum (a fabulous must see) another day. Both great trips and doable from Biloxi. Overall, it was a great trip and if we visit again, we all decided that The Palace would be our choice for our stay! ......PS!! The casino's are all freezing! Take a sweater or wear long sleeves!

Room Tip: We did not pay extra for the room with a view, knowing that we wouldn't be in the room that much...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Mt. Pleasant, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've played slots in this casino before, but this is the first time I actually stayed there. The price was about 60% less than the Beau, and it was non-smoking, so it was worth being separated from friends who were staying at the Beau. (Afterall, the casino trolley runs every 20 minutes and only costs 60 cents if you have a medicare card and $1.20 if you don't). I'm not sorry that I stayed here.

If you're looking for a flat-screened LCD TV, modern furniture, and updated bathrooms, this place isn't for you. But, if you want a comfortable bed and pillows, a very large and clean room, and a bathroom with decent water pressure, you should try the Palace. You can't beat the value. It isn't posh, by any means, and I didn't expect it to be as nice as the Beau, given the price I was paying. I would have liked to see a HDTV, however, and told them so at the front desk. They said they were working on that.

I enjoyed the variety of penny slot machines (similar to the Beau and to Vegas casinos) and really liked not having to sit next to somebody who was smoking. The buffet on Tuesdays is half off for seniors if you earn 10 points on your player's card, which is very easy to do. It is well worth $6.50 and has a huge variety of food, with something to please everybody---but remember it's a buffet, so don't expect fine dining. The other nice thing is that the buffet dining room has a large glass dome over one section, so unlike other casinos, you can actually enjoy some sunlight while you eat.

I would definitely stay here again, even though it is about a 40 minute walk from the more upscale Beau and Hard Rock Casino (or a 5-10 minute trolley ride). They have a lot of the pieces that are important to travelers (large room, comfortable mattress, nice linens and pillows), but could use a few upgrades (room furniture, HDTV, better shampoo). Unlike Vegas, it's difficult to walk easily from casino-to-casino in Biloxi. You either have to drive, take the casino trolley, or prepare for a very long walk.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the third floor unless you don't mind families marching to the pool thro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were returning to Florida following a trip west. We had thought about stopping a night in Biloxi as we had not even been through there after the arrival of the casinos. Most of our friends have stayed at the Beau Rivage, and they generally spoke highly of it except for the smoke in the casino which must be crossed to get to the hotel rooms. Anyway, a couple of days before we were to be returning, I checked prices on some of the TA links. The BR was around 200 and the Palace just under $100 and was smoke free it said. I called the BR the day prior to our staying there and was quoted a price of just over $77 including all taxes. That indeed did prove to be the price charged. The room was not fancy, but it was very clean and large with a safe and free Wi-Fi. We were there on a Wednesday night. The casino was not very busy. There was indeed a $3 blackjack table with seats available. After my first round of playing, my luck improved so I was able to bet above the minimum. Unlike some of my fellow reviewers, I appreciated the security added by having to use my room key card to access my floor from the elevator. One caution for non-smokers, they do have "smoking rooms" similar to those I have seen in airports. If you should be near someone who has returned from a smoking room, his clothing will reek from the high concentration of smoke in the confined area of the smoking room. We visited the Mignon bar and lounge. Another warning, the drinks there are potent. The Mignon dining room is adequate but pricey. The Mignon bar and restaurant are not open on Mondays and Tuesdays. Although I consider the Palace Casino a real find, there are a couple of other things you should consider before staying there. There is a $100 deposit for the room. They say this will be refunded to credit cards in a day or two but will take much longer if debit cards are used. This property is somewhat inland. If going down onto the beach or having a good beach view is important, this would not be the place. Unlike Vegas, Tahoe, Reno, etc., each hotel/casino in Biloxi seemed to be somewhat isolated from the others. Checking out the action at various casinos would probably involve driving. If the Palace even had a little shop to buy toothpaste, a newspaper, etc., I did not locate it. We had an end room, and I do not believe the room next door was occupied. As I walked down the hallway, I could very easily hear conversations and TV's from the rooms, so I am afraid noise from adjacent rooms could be a problem. I rate the Palace a great find for someone who can accept its limitations.

Room Tip: An end room should help minimize any potential noise problems. Obviously, they are limited.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Hugely impressed beyond expectations. Rates for rooms on weekends could be a little more reasonable, but the weekday/Sunday rates are amazing. Paid extra $20 for a room with a view and was totally worth it - room was large, clean and relaxing. The casino is lively with an all around diverse crowd making it fun/entertaining, and the non-smoking all around is great. The only half-negative feature is that the pool/hot tub is a bit of a hike from the rooms, but once you get there, it's quite beautiful - large pool, large hot tub and the view can't be beat. Did not dine here, but the options are very accessible and look inviting. Overall, ideal place to stay/gamble if looking for more all-inclusive as it is a tiny bit of a distance from other casinos, although shuttle is apparently a cinch.

nawlins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

SMOKE FREE!!!! Words can't express how wonderful it was. I cannot stay anywhere too long where smokers are puffing. And I typically can't eat because of the nausea caused by the smoke. So we got to enjoy the slots till we couldn't keep our eyes open. The room was excellent, clean & comfy. We enjoyed the extensive buffet & desserts. We took home leftovers from the Stacked Grill which was delicious. I now I keep having a craving for their Nutella shake! All the staff were super friendly. Wish we would have been able to stay another night...there will be a next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palace Casino Resort? Share your experiences!