“Love the Palace !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Athens, Georgia
“Love the Palace !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great Casino and Hotel . No smoking , Good food , Fast Drink service and excellent table action !
Every person I met working there was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed sitting at the bar also and playing the games there. There is a Bartender and his name is ESPN , pronouced ess - pen.
He makes great drinks and knows the area well. I had 6 bloody marys one morning , yep they were that good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

456 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Gallup, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I used to stay at the Palace casino before Katrina and it was nice then. It's much nicer now.

The property is very easy to get around. My wife and went for a weekend getaway while visiting family in Florida. The Palace is definitely my favorite property on the Gulf Coast. The casino/hotel was not huge so it was very easy to navigate. The decor was tasteful and beautiful. The room was great. The table dealers were excellent, the staff was competent and friendly. The food also was excellent.

The pool was very nice, not huge but well maintained and very pleasant atmosphere.

The property is non-smoking which I loved. I live far away from Biloxi. I actually live in New Mexico about a 6 hour drive from Las Vegas and there is no non smoking properties like The Palace.

My wife loved the spa, I loved the table games. We both loved the no smoking.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Odense, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed with the family, which was a mistake.. Not kids friendly; no game room, you have to go through the gambling area in order to get to the restaurants, and kids are not allowed there, so you will need to hold them. If they have to go to the restrooms, then you need to follow them also, since there are none in the restaurants. At the pool area, there is no shade, unless you are willing to cough up 30 bucks for a shaded area.
Food was ok, rooms nice and clean - and the staff was friendly. I haven't tried gambling before, so can not comment on the quality of that, but there was a lot of slot machines. Remember to create a players card (free), as this will give you 10% discount in most restaurants (but not all) in the hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Instead of going to Las Vegas this year, I went to Biloxi, mainly because I could drive there and avoid the hassles of the Atlanta airport. I spent a week at the Palace in May. This casino/resort has many excellent features: it is totally smoke free--yes you read that correctly; all the people I encountered were helpful and friendly; it had a $3.00 blackjack game going 24/7 with rules very favorable to the player; it also had $3.00 craps and roulette games Sunday through Thursday. My room was large, clean, and comfortable with a pleasant view of the marina, the bay, and the bridge going over the bay. The pool was large and the water temperature was perfect.

I did encounter some minor annoyances. These include the following: the water temperature in the outdoor hot tub was tepid; no shower cap in the room and none available from housekeeping; the elevators did not always activate when I inserted my room key in the appropriate slot.

The Palace's biggest shortcoming is the quality of its restaurants. I had at least one meal at Mignons steakhouse, the buffet, Stacks Grill, and the Cafe and Bakery. The food and service at Mignons was excellent and worth the money. The buffet strives mightily and too often fails to achieve mediocrity; the food is largely tasteless, it is mostly fried, and there are too few green vegetables. I would certainly be willing to pay more for better quality food on the buffet. The food at the Grill tasted better than the buffet, but it too is mostly fried. The Cafe and Bakery serves pre-packaged salads and sandwiches.

On a one to ten scale, the Palace rates an 8.5. I'll be back to gamble and relax at the pool, but unless the quality of the food improves, I'll eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: A room with a view is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Marrero, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I went to Biloxi with out daughter for a 2 night stay. However, we decided we'd had enough after one night. Nothing was horrible, but NOTHING was outstanding or top notch except the waitress in the buffet. She was our best experience there!

Your $100 deposit will not be refunded to you for 30 days, according to the lady who checked us in. That's a bit extreme. I got my tax refund sooner than that! The staff is not very helpful or friendly- some of them were though, to be fair. We were told "I don't know" for example, rather than, "I will find out for you." The bell hop told us only about a quarter of the things we would have liked to have been made aware of. I mean basic stuff! They need to sharpen their guest services skills. The elevators are slow. The fact that you need a card to get anywhere on an elevator is ridiculous. The pool is not that great. Good luck with the salt water treatment and haze in the water. Yuck! The room had a broken closet door, a broken stopper in the tub, a great view of the roof and air condition units, no fridge, and a dinosaur of a TV. Guest services took a long time to answer the phone- both times we called. The buffet was okay, but nothing to write home about. It took a long time to seat a line of 4 couples. The bathroom in the room was tiny. The pool took all but a secret password and handshake to get to. It couldn't be less accessible if they tried!

Overall- thumbs down. We saved a few bucks staying here, but will pay the extra few bucks and stay somewhere quality next time.

Oh, and by the way, Keith Crosby, General Manager, please don't insult my review by adding one of those redundant and insincere apologies left for all of these other negative reviews. I'd just rather you correct some of the problems. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Too good to be true, but it is! We stopped on our way home from vacation so that we could watch a soccer championship game. Being in a smoke-free environment was fantastic! The employees were courteous and professional. We'll keep it on our "favorite" casino list for sure!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks for visiting the Palace Casino Resort and enjoying our smoke free property. Hope your team won the game!
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I've been staying at the Palace for many years but never wrote a review. Overall my wife and I are very pleased with the hotel and casino. All employees we encountered are very friendly and the room is overall satisfactory. The smoke free enviroment is a big plus for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thanks for the kind words and your business over the years. We are about to begin making the selections for our upcoming hotel room renovations. Hope to see you again.

Been to Palace Casino Resort? Share your experiences!