“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Bloomington, Indiana
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

The hotel was overall very nice. The decor was fun and the fact that the whole property was smoke-free was a blessing. The food that we ate was good and well served. The only reason I didn't put 5 starts is because the bathrooms were a little outdated. But the location of the hotel is great, the staff was wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. As a side note, we also visited the spa while we were at the hotel and I thought the experience was great. The staff was friendly and definitely knew what they were doing. If we're in the area again we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thanks for staying with us on your visit to the Mississippi Gulf Coast, we appreciate your business and hope we can serve you again. You are dead on about the bathrooms and I'm happy to say that we are targeting room updates and renovation as our next big project. Stay tuned - it's only going to get better.

455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

The hotel overall is dark and very depressing inside. We weren't gamblers but wanted a nice view and hotel. There is NO place to get a drink by the pool (off-season)...the only place is in the gaming hall and if you don't want to gamble ..good luck...same with breakfast (we had to go off-site because there was no place place for breakfast until 11am). The room itself was nice (TV was small and outdated) but I would not stay there again due to the lack of amenities.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your visit. Sounds like you missed our 24/7 grill "Stacked" which serves breakfast 24 hours a day. We offer a great buffet, wonderful fresh baked goods and coffee at the Cafe' and fantastic fine dining at Mignon's Steaks and Seafood. Wahoo's poolside bar is closed until it get a little warmer down here. We also offer world class golf at our award winning golf course The Preserve located 15 minutes away.

Go Phillies!
Mt. Pleasant, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

What a place. I loved it from the minute I entered the lobby---elegant, but not pretentious. The casino is on the second floor. They had most of the Vegas penny slots that I love (Moolah, Crystal Forest) as well as many other newer ones.

The casino was large, the people were friendly, the wonderful lunch buffet was 1/2 price on Tues and Thurs for seniors (about $7 and well worth the price), and the comps were generous. After playing at the Beau (very tight machines--no fun at all) and Hard Rock (also tight machines and very smokey casino), these slots were generous enough that it allowed me to have "fun", and I even was able to off-set my losses at the other casinos.

The buffet food was well worth the money (included a pasta station and a Mongolian-type station where you pick your veggies, your meat, and your spices and it is made to order. Great desserts. A better buffet than what's we've had in Vegas.

Also of note is that it has at least one $5 black jack table, something not found at the Beau Rivage or the Hard Rock Casino (during the week the tables start at $10). There is no doubt that if I return to Biloxi that this is the only place that I will play. The non-smoking environment, the good food, and the generous slots make it a no-brainer. If I'm going to lose my money, at least I want to be able to play a long time before losing it----at the Beau and Hard Rock, you are wiped out really fast. And, at the Grand, the smoke is so bad that you leave before you're wiped out so that you can breathe.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
WOW - Thanks for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed our 100% smoke free property and hope to serve you again in the future.
Rome, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Took my wife for our anniversery stayed at the Palace. Dont recomend it for gambling or staying. Seen a roach in the room the first night. Casino was tightest in the area an we played at them all. We had our best luck at Beau,IP an Boomtown . The others just seem to take with not much giving. Going back soon an will diffantley stay at The Beau or The Imperial Palace. They are both beautiful resorts, The best in area.

P.S. The Palace never even thanked us for staying or asked how our stay was. Not good service in my eyes.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
First off - Thanks for your business, we appreciate everyone who visits our property. Sorry to hear about your luck, we have the best slot payback on the coast and we are 100% SMOKE FREE. I sure hope you give us another try. With just 234 rooms I believe we can offer way better personal service than a property with over 1,000 rooms.
Ft. Worth, TEXAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We were driving through and decided to stay for a night. I was traveling with my 62 year old mother and 8 year old son. I hate smoke and never gamble because of it. This hotel was a breath of fresh air. I called ahead and booked a room for a Friday night stay. The lobby was beautiful and front desk was very helpful. Poor bell boy that helped us was so nice and understanding with all we had. Room was spectactular and very spacious and clean!! This is a huge compliment from me!!! We had a beautiful view and overall we were extremely pleased with the room.
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and ate at the buffett on casino floor. It was a bit pricey but worth every dime. The chefs were all amazing and the food was just delicious:) Special thanks to the seaffod chef for making my son something special and being so nice and talking to him so nicely!!
Casino was wonderful and offered a lot of choices. Only negative is after I was at a black jack table for over 3 hours and went through quite a bit of money I was not given any kind of comps even though they had my players card from the moment I set down. Plus getting drinks was way too slow!!
Over all though this was a wonderful hotel and casino and I cannot wait to go back!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Thanks for the wonderful review and I'll check into the slow cocktail service. Thanks again for visiting the Palace Casino Resort.
Gadsden, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

the lobby is beautiful and the remodel is complete...service is good as always...enjoy the non-smoking atmosphere and some great bars and restaurants! Best place to stay and gamble in Biloxi!

Room Tip: during the week it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thanks for your business and those kind comments. We hope you will choose our resort again on your next visit to the MS Gulf Coast. Roll Tide :-)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

My friends and I spent a weekend in Biloxi to gamble, drink and have an all around good time. The Palace Casino Resort was probably the place we spent the most time gambling on our first night because of its smoke-free atmosphere which is welcome and not common in Biloxi. The interior and exterior make it a very posh-looking place and the service was superior to all of the other hotels. The casino wait staff seems to have smaller areas than the other casinos and as such, their waitresses provided the best service - drinks were made correctly, delivered to each person without hesitation and perhaps most importantly, were delivered and replenished the fastest out of all the casinos in Biloxi. This is literally the only casino in the world where I had on multiple occasions throughout multiple parts of the tables actually had to turn down a waitress because mine and the rest of my party's drinks were still yet to be consumed.

As far as the tables go - getting a seat at any one of them was not a problem on a friday night; we played roulette, craps, and blackjack. Additionally, their minimum bets were the lowest in all of Biloxi (plenty of $5 tables, compared to the $10-$20 tables at most other casinos in Biloxi). The folks working the tables were friendly, but I'm not sure they were the best - once or twice our party experienced a miscount of our chips and at some tables, I felt like we were a little unwelcome from the staff as we weren't part of their "regulars" or something.

All in all though, a good experience gambling.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for visiting the Palace Casino Resort on your trip to Biloxi. We appreciate your business and your kind comments regarding our property. I have addressed the table games issues you mentioned with that department director. We take pride in offering a clean, friendly environment for all our guests. We hope to see you again in the future.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Palace Casino Resort? Share your experiences!