“A wonderful breath of fresh casino air!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
July Special from $69!
Ranked #4 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Atlanta, Georgia
“A wonderful breath of fresh casino air!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We were one of 4 couples from Georgia that went to Biloxi over the past weekend for a golf and gambling trip. On past trips we have always stayed at the Beau Rivage. I was the first to start making reservations for our trip. When I called the Beau and was told the rate of $269 a night and much more than we usually pay,I started looking for alternatives.

In searching other casinos I saw the press release about the Palace Casino opening their new casino as a totally smoke free resort. I got very excited about the smoke free thing so I checked their rates and found that they were more than $100 less per night. I called our friends and they thought that the smoke free was a great idea. So all 4 couples booked the Palace for 3 nights.

All of us had an absolutely great time in the casino. We had a combination of craps, blackjack, slots and video poker players. Some of us won and some lost. The slots payed off more than the Beau and the vido poker was 8-5. They had a large bar and sports lounge and had a very good band on Friday and Saturday night from 8 to midnight.

And best of all I did not have to think about where I sat or played to avoid the smokers. I am primarily a video poker player and I like to sit at the bar and play. Usually, I have to hunt for seat that is not next to a smoker and move from seat to seat all night long as smokers sit down next to me. No need this trip.

What a relief. When I got back to my room a night I did not have to put my clothes in a plastic bag and take a shower to prevent the smell of smoke taking over the room.

The rooms were very close to being as nice as the Beau Rivage. The bathrooms are smaller and not as fancy as the Beau but extremely clean and adequate.

The service in the restaurants and bars was exceptional. Every employee seemed to care about the service they provided.

We played golf 2 days. We played golf at Windance Country Club and it was a very nice course in great condition. It is a traditional style country club course. We also played at The Preserve which is owned by the Palace Casino. It is a modern style resort course with more of a flair for the dramatic. It is on a huge piece of property that meanders through a nature preserve with a lot of forced carries over marsh lands.

At the end of the trip, we all agreed on 3 things: 1) The smoke free casino was great. 2) Golf in Biloxi is hot and muggy in the summer months. 3) We will return on future trips to the Palace.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear Richard, thanks for your kind words in the review and the letter I received today. I have shared your suggestions about the lighting levels in Stacked with our designer. I hope you will let me know your thoughts following your return visit. We will have several new areas of our renovation completed by the end of September. We look forward to your next visit and appreciate your business.

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Winnfield, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Smoke free Casino,Smoke free Hotel, WOW the palace has it all. The casino is new all the slots are new no ashes over over the slots. Smells fresh

Chackbay, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I've been to Biloxi many times and usually stay at Hard Rock but have never really fallen in love with it. When I heard the Palace underwent a complete remodel and became the first and ONLY SMOKE FREE HOTEL AND CASINO IN BILOXI I just had to give it a shot. Not only did it exceed my expectations but it is now the only place I will stay in Biloxi.

First of all, the smoke free atmosphere is amazing. There's a very nice aroma in the air at this place. The new decor is great and flows well throughout the property. I spent alot of time at the new pool and just loved lounging out by the bay. Wahoo's Poolside bar and grill is wonderful and the pool girl (Jaclyn I think) was awesome.

Try Mignon's Steakhouse. The food is reasonably priced (for a steakhouse) and is delicious. Our waiter was knowledgable about the menu and the chef sent complimentary hors d' oeuvres to our table.

The rooms are nice and spacious. It seems like the remodel hadn't hit my room yet but the only thing that really looked like it needed updating was the tv and bathroom color.

I did decent at the casino and can't wait to come back next month. For all those who hate the smoky casino's on the coast, this is the place you've been looking for.

Room Tip: Best room rates are on weekdays. I stayed Sunday - Tuesday and got a room for $70/night
Metairie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Overall this is a nice place. The hotel was in the second phase of remodeling and can't say it bothered us at all. Here is a summary:

Pros: entire place is SMOKE-FREE, very clean rooms, nice staff, lots of self parking, the buffet is good (had for breakfast), burger place STACKED is yummy, pool and hottub is nice

Cons: horrible tv set...old little 26" Zenith with horrible picture, too many penny slots, not lots of night life (definitely an older crowd...say average age 65), walls of hotel are way too thin...can hear people flush their toilet, shut their door, sneeze...even heard people having sex when we were walking down the hallway loud and clearly!

For the price it was ok. If you are going for a lot of entertainment and are young this may not be the place to go. I am 33 and was there for our 10 year wedding anniversary and it was fine for us because it was nice and quiet and we didn't stink of cigarette smoke the entire time. I would stay again since the price is so reasonable.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

As long as casinos have been in Biloxi, the Palace has been a destination for my family. Although we stay at several properties, the Palace is our go-to. When my Grandmother informed me we were staying there this July 4th weekend, I have to admit I was hesitant. The Palace is starting to show its age, especially when compared to the other more modern casino-hotel resorts in town. Needless to say, I was very pleasantly suprised.

The casino itself has been completely updated, and is small, yet modern, comfortable, and best of all...100% smoke-free!!! If you can't stand even a little smoke, there should only be one option...the new Palace.

The hotel will soon be undergoing a full refurb, but even with the original decor, the beds are very comfortable, and the rooms are extremely clean. No, you won't find a flat-screen HD TV, (although these are coming), but get over it...you're at a casino! Plus, they now have one of the coolest marina-poolside bars in Biloxi. The pool scene is as good as it gets in town.

The staff is awesome here, the beds clean and cozy, and the casino is brand new and smoke free...don't judge a book by its cover...get to the Palace when in Biloxi!

Room Tip: ask for a marina view
Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hammond, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We went on a weekend to get away from kids and was put on a floor with nothing but kids. 3:00 in the morning you hear kids screaming and babies crying. So needless to say it was not the relaxing stay we had planned on. We ended up leaving after the 1st night. There are also some things they don't tell you when you book. They charge you 100 dollar deposit. Not that that's too bad, but it takes 30days before you get it back. That is the stupidest thing i've ever heard. I would not reccommend this hotel to anyone, and I will never stay here again!!!

Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Hotel is located on Bay area, around 2 to 3 blocks from other casino's, love the rooms, for the price, rooms seem to be 4 star quality. All amenities on could want. Parking garage very convenient to rooms. We did have breakfast one morning there, very good, great drinks at bar. Construction was going on full force, no promblem with noise.
We are not big gamblers, so can't comment on that. All staff members we encountered were excellent.
We can not wait till it is finished with construction to go back.
This is now our favorite hotel to stay at in Biloxi, love the convience to De iberville/Biloxi for restaurants/movie theather/shopping.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Palace Casino Resort? Share your experiences!