“Quaint Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Mobile, Alabama
“Quaint Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel reminded me of what the Gulf Coast was like prior to condos and casinos. Our room was clean and large with a refrigerator and microwave. The staff was friendly. The hotel was quiet. I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
edgeinn, Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
The Edgewater Inn would like to express our thanks for your nice review on our hotel.
We look forward to your return to the coast and to the Edgewater Inn

Thanks Trish

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Decatur, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed 4 nights at Edgewater Inn in Biloxi and had an excellent time. I was looking for a quiet place near the beach that was clean and easily accessible. The staff was friendly and courteous. The pool and garden terrace area were beautiful. It's close to Treasure Bay but surprisingly quiet. This hotel is set back slightly off of Hwy 90 but very easy to access. I also had access to my car from the door of the room which is so much easier for packing and unpacking.

Room Tip: some rooms are closer to the beach but all are easily accessible to beach by walking across hwy 90
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This property is a nice change from the "cookie-cutter" rooms you find with most of the big franchises. We stayed in a 2 bedroom themed cottage which also had a separate living room with kitchenette and dining table. There was a table outside on the porch or "veranda" overlooking a courtyard. I would call it more of a "Boutique Hotel arrangement." It was nice since there were 4 of us and one could stay up late and watch TV in the living room and not disturb either of the bedrooms. The Jacuzzi tub in the master suite was a nice addition. It is as close to the beach as you can get and has a verity of restaurants and a casino literally within a rock's throw (in the parking lot, next door or across the street). The staff was local, friendly and knowledgeable. They seemed eager to please. Very enjoyable! I will not come back to the coast without staying here.

Room Tip: For larger groups the cottages work well and are very quiet in the back of the property.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
edgeinn, Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks very much for the review. The owners wife does all of the decorating for our Hotel and takes care to insure that all of our rooms are themed individually and the management also takes care to have all of our staff go out of their way for our guests and treat them as family.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Edgewater Inn is one of the most charming, delightful places that I have ever had the pleasure to spend the night. Situated directly on the coast, right across the street from the beach, this is definitely THE place to relax in Biloxi.

"Diversity" is definitly the theme at this inn. This is not your typical, cookie-cutter hotel, and what a relief that is! After staying at one chain hotel to the next, it is so refreshing to experience the same amenities and attention to detail, but to also feel like this is literally your "home away from home".

The Edgewater Inn offers several options for accommodations, ranging from a standard rooms to jacuzzi suites, some with a beautiful beach view. However, I believe that the real heart of this place is in the themed cottages.

With names like the Mississipi Writer's Cottage, the Plantation Cottage, or the Biloxi, Sundeck, or Maritime Cottages, these wonderful spaces are the epitome of unique. The Writer's Cottage was filled with books, antique typewriters, and photographs, giving the rooms such personality! With two full bedrooms and bathrooms, there is plenty of space to spend a small family getaway... complete with a full kitchen and living room.

And what convenience! One must simply walk across the street to feel the sand between your toes, or stroll next door to take your chance at the slots. There's even a Waffle House in the parking lot! How's that for comfort? However, in a location that is literally cose to it all, the Edgewater Inn still manages to feel remote, private, and relaxing.

Speaking of relaxation, the inn also offers a sparkling outdoor pool, along with a hot tub, all set in the feeling of a beautiful courtyard. Comfortable seating abounds, as this is definitely the place to be to unwind, put up your feet after your day's adventures, and watch the sun go down over the sparkling water.

The Edgewater Inn is a sparkling jewel along the golden coast. Whether you are wanting to experience a beach-side weekend getaway, or have a longer vacation in mind, I can think of no better place to rest your head.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
edgeinn, Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you very much for the beautiful comments on our hotel and the wonderful pictures that you have on your site. Please come back and visit us in a different cottage the next time you are in biloxi.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel a almost a year I advance for cruising the coast upon I checked in and found the air conditioner was broken I called the front desk there solution was a box fan after further complaints was told they had a new a c unit but had no one to install it my brother and I installed it ourselves using our own tools then we repaired the toilet ourselves the after a Parking dispute about displaying our classic car where we were previously told we could and had done for two of our three day stay the totally un professional manager Trish made us move the vehicle because according to her it was blocking her entrance after we moved our vehicle the hotel staff allowed about 25 people to gather and set up chairs in the very same spot when we questioned their practice we were told that those people had been guests for seven years prior then were were evicted from the property having to get my father out of the room who is has lung cancer before the police were called then refused to refund the money for the night we would could not stay I have never been treated so unfairly in my life and will never visit this facility again this was a vacation nightmare all due to the hotel I go to this event ever year and I don't think I will go to this event ever again and cars are my life it's great to have such a car event like this in you're back yard but this experience has been so traumatic I don't think that I will look at this event the same again . Thanks Trish

• Stayed October 2012
edgeinn, Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I would like to say as a Manager for our hotel that a guest is always right but in this case this guest was wrong.
First this was a sold out weekend on the entire Mississippi coast due to an annual event "Cursing the Coast" and everybody comes down to show off their cars and stand and walk around looking at all the older cars driving by.

Yes - This guest did have an A/C problem but it is not as clear cut as he makes it seems.
He checked in and was there for over 8/9 hours (Long before out maintenance people went home for the day) before complaining about the A/C. Late the 1st evening he came to the office complaining about the A/C not working. I explained that I was the only one working (At the front desk) and that I would see what I could do, and offered him a box fan in the meantime and then contacted our manager, who put in a call to the maintenance man. I was not sure when he would come in and explained that to them and he and his friend became very obnoxious - so much so that I offered to refund all their money and they could find somewhere else if they wanted - but he refused that offer. I Then told them that we had a new A/C in the back, but that I could not move it myself and he offered to help me move it to his room. He and I then move the A/C to his room and we slid it in and plugged it in. It took all of 5 minutes with a phillips screwdriver to take out the old one and slide the new one in (I apologize for him having to help - BUT he insisted it be done immediately and I tried to make him happy by doing what he wanted). There was no mention that he was paid for his help. There was no mention of any problem with a toilet.
Yes as the Manager for the hotel I did have him move his cars out of the opening to the access driveway. That’s where my trouble started He then continued with other problems - specifically about other guests cars parking. First it was about individuals parking in a spot he wanted. This guest went as far as getting other guests in a uproar.

As a Manager I have to deal with a lot of people every day. I treat all guests with the most respect. The abuse this guest gave me, the staff and other guests left me no choice but to have him leave.
Denham Springs, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Recently stayed at The Edgewater Inn in Biloxi, about 3 weeks ago. After staying at Motel 6 & o, we very impressed. We had a Suite with a balcony over looking the beach. Exactly what my husband wanted. Front desk, (Trish Adamic) was very helpful in finding the perfect room to satisfy us in letting us view two rooms before making a decision. Couldn't have asked for better service. Room was very clean and comfortable. Definitely planning to go back soon! Wish we could have made it this weekend for my husband's 50th birthday, but will try for our 30th wedding anniversary in October. I highly recommend the Edgewater Inn to my Family & Friends. We enjoyed our stay. Thanks.

Room Tip: Clean & comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
edgeinn, Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
We Appreciate the write-up. Please give us a heads up when you are coming back and we will see if we can get the same room for you.
Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My two adult daughters and I stayed here three nights the second week of August 2012. The location is great, right across the street from the beach. Actually though, we spent more time in their pool; it is beautiful and larger than most. We each had a float chair or lounger and there was plenty of room for us and others - although I think we must have scared other swimmers off as each time we had to pool to ourselves. We had a standard room with two doubles and we had plenty of room; room was clean and the beds comfortable. The small refrigerator was nice to keep cold drinks handy. We did have a problem with daily housekeeping which I reported to TJ at the front desk. He took our complaint seriously and within 30-40 minutes had it resolved. He asked informative questions regarding the lack of service and even reported this to another employee (probably owner or supervisor) at the motel and showed her our room. Our stay was quiet on Thursday and Friday night, but other guests on Saturday night (after midnight) were not respectful of others - not a fault of the motel. If I return to the area, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are there over a Saturday night, ask for a 3rd floor room - just in case other guests are not...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!